+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Sunfest Feedback/Bugs

Sunfest Feedback/Bugs

It appears there are a few issues with this years Sunfest event.

*edit* Fasti responded below to this post, the Patron is NOT in the boxes and the golden egg being tradable was a typo. Issues resolved.

On the claims window it specifically states the chests carry "1-year Patron" and much more!

But when the box is actually in your bags, it mentions nothing about patron. So it is safe to assume there is NO patron in the boxes? Kind of misleading for whoever gets their hopes up and goes out to farm a ton of the 2018 boxes.

Also there have been reports that the golden companion egg that is obtained from the 2018 box is indeed not tradable.

On the official Trove post titled "Celebrate the Return Of Sunfest" it says they should be tradable.

8 Accounts | 21 Chaos Factor | 200+ Chaos Chests per week | 1,500+ Mastery
    Must be Turntablist
    Come check me out on Twitch sometime! | Giving Ganda away to Subscribers. | Fortras for everyone
    Click here to learn about my stream.

I wouldn’t know if patron is in there. My main prize is 10 whole dragon egg fragments for the easier to get fragments in the game. Was so exited for this and now just disappointed, again. I haven’t seen the chat mention the patron thing so I assume no one has gotten it.

"Shadow pinata invaders can be found in all Trove biomes during the event"
    Nope, so far Cursed Vale and Permafrost i have found to not contain any invaders.

1. Bomb Royale Mission:
    While the idea is initially a nice way to introduce Bomb Royale, it is still a complete nuisance that you can not complete this quest if you collect even 1 upgrade for those Standard Bouncing Bombs. Also the name is missleading since there are no 'Big Bombs' in Bomb Royale.

It took me 4 Bomb Royale matches to finally figure out what was wrong with this quest and finish it...

2. Drops from Golden Ticket Chest 2018:
    I farmed tons of these chests and grinded my *** off to fill the Karma bar 5 times. My Karma Bar Results:
    -10 Golden Vale Fragments
    -an untradeable, not loot collectable duplicate of Hyper Pinata Ex
    -Panda Talisman

During farming and opening non-karma Chests I also accummulated
    -over 2900 Celebratory Pinatas
    -over 60 Style Surprises
    -tons of Dragon Coins (I think it was over 300, but no garantuee)
    -tons of Gem Boosters like Jade Clover and Glittering Horseshoes
    -about 15 Gem Dust Boxes of each coulor
    -17 Super Style Stashes
    -6x Wings: Lively Launchers
    -and a total of 127 Dormant Golden Vale Dragon Egg Fragments of a dragon that I already finished before this Event after spending 20 minutes in Skyrealm

So my suggestion for this chest:
    While the normal loot is awesome and nice and gives a great bonus to multiple things, there is a huge drawback in the Karma Strike Reward for each time you draw that unlucky 'lucky' 10 Golden Vale Fragments. This Dragon is the easiest non-soul-Dragon which is currently in game. Giving it as the final result of hard and time intense grinding is just frustrating and depressing. Exspecially since its total Loot Collector value is nothing but 200 Flux. You should have experienced that frustrating outburst of my friend who was in the same voice as I when he got his first 10 Vale Frag Karma strike.....

3. useless Hyper Pinata Ex duplicate:
    While Hyper Pinata Ex is definitelly a nice Mount, it becomes a useless inventory filler if you already have it... It is an unfair thing to have a rare stuff double and no way to share it with someone, trade it or at least to loot collect it into the other rare drop 'Golden Companion Egg'.

Can you please remove my double Hyper Pin Ex from my inventory and give me a Companion Egg instead?

4. the Gleamstone-Shapestone Quest:
    It is a nice idea to have a choice at 2 quests to either do Geode or Trove. I apreciate it. But Gleamstone is by far worse to farm than Shapestone. So the rating is a bit off here. If it is possible, it would be nice to have Gleamstone give 5 points for 1 gleamstone mined to bring the time requirement on equal terms. Additionally, the biggest source of Gleamstone, which is mined Geode Boxes/ Chests/ Vaults, do not count for this quest.

5. the Builder Box - Golden Soul quest:
    This one was perfectly done with equal time requirement for both, Geode and Trove. Thanx!

6. No Shadow Pinatas in Spider Medival Highland Biomes:
    Not sure if it is a bug or intended, but those Medival Highland biomes that naturally spawn Spiders do never have Shadow Pinatas running around. Only those Medival Highland biomes which naturally spawn Bees will have also Shadow Pinatas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghia View Post
    "Shadow pinata invaders can be found in all Trove biomes during the event"
    Nope, so far Cursed Vale and Permafrost i have found to not contain any invaders.
    Any zone, but not everywhere
    Clipboard01.jpg
    Free Class Coin for Mastery Below 20 - Refer-A-Friend Code

6.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Turntablist View Post
    It appears there are a few issues with this years Sunfest event.

On the claims window it specifically states the chests carry "1-year Patron" and much more!

But when the box is actually in your bags, it mentions nothing about patron. So it is safe to assume there is NO patron in the boxes?
    Thanks for putting this thread together. You're correct that the boxes do not contain 1 Year of Patron. It appears text from the last visit of this event made it live. Fortunately, the correct items are listed on the Golden Ticket Chests. We can't fix this error during the event but we'll follow up to make sure it's clearly called out for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Turntablist View Post
    Also there have been reports that the golden companion egg that is obtained from the 2018 box is indeed not tradable.

On the official Trove post titled "Celebrate the Return Of Sunfest" it says they should be tradable.
    You're 100% right here as well. This mistake was completely mine. I've updated the blog to remove that the item was tradable and noted this at the bottom. Fortunately, this error was not also reflected in game. I'll do my best to avoid these types of mistakes in the future.

Sorry for the confusion caused by these errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for putting this thread together. You're correct that the boxes do not contain 1 Year of Patron. It appears text from the last visit of this event made it live. Fortunately, the correct items are listed on the Golden Ticket Chests. We can't fix this error during the event but we'll follow up to make sure it's clearly called out for next year.

You're 100% right here as well. This mistake was completely mine. I've updated the blog to remove that the item was tradable and noted this at the bottom. Fortunately, this error was not also reflected in game. I'll do my best to avoid these types of mistakes in the future.

Sorry for the confusion caused by these errors.
    Bait and switch. Sorry does nothing to replace the hours many of us spent going for something that was said to be in these boxes...

"The cherry on top of this sumptuous solar sundae is the return of the Second Stat Reroll event. Forge your epic loot to find the perfect stats for all your adventuring needs. "

Is this during week 2?...because as of now i can't reroll 2nd stat.

Oh I thought it was just a error on the box and can still get patron from it like last year. Rip well at least I now know and so far the only confusing part been big bombs quest. Also figured out reason for event invaders mainly not showing in cursed and medevil is because new player worlds would have them expose to that and players flooding those. That's just a thought though
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 17/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

+ Reply to Thread