+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dodge Bug (Hotfix: Before and After Bug)

Post Dodge Bug (Hotfix: Before and After Bug)

I've stated this in another thread but since that was for another bug i'm stating it here for more accurate topic, The bug for me is the Dodge Keybindings: When I click M3 for dodging it wont work, I've checked to see if it was unbinded or put with a different shortcut but no everywhere was where it should be for default. So I tried the natural Shift keybinding for dodge and it works until after use it prevents your character from moving and you have to press the W, A, S, or D (Varies on the direction you are trying to achieve) to regain movement though this may not look like a problem for overworlds but for mini-games such as dragon coin collections or the racing challenges, even in bomber royale its frustrating an poses a challenge that will take getting use too until possible fix. I Thank You for reading this, have an awesome day/night.

A Break Down:

(for those who aren't familiar with the keys) M3 or Mouse3 is the mouse wheel of a mouse

-M3 Dodge shortcut pressed results are no dodge
    -Shift Dodge shortcut press results are a dodge but after the action no movement is achieved.
    -to get out of stat you press W, A, S, or D on the direction you are trying to achieve to gain movement again.

Possible problems:

-Bomber Royale troubles in need of dodging
    -Dragon coin collection and Races for in need of not wasting time and getting to high or low places with coins
    -Receiving damage that you tried to dodge in the first place

"-to get out of stat you press W, A, S, or D on the direction you are trying to achieve to gain movement again."

I don't know if the devs are aware of this one. But it's not a bug but a Issue in the line code in the game client.
    When dodging and keep pressing the dodge (shift) the client don't recognize de WASD because They are capped...

A quick fix for the issue i wrote above is to set the Second Hotkey Setting With " shift + W / A / S / D" Like this, it would prevent to lock WASD while pressing Shift.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCheeseyDonut View Post
    -Shift Dodge shortcut press results are a dodge but after the action no movement is achieved.
    I don't have this problem. But M3 indeed doesn't work anymore since update. It's labeled Dodge2 in settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyan_Cat View Post
    "-to get out of stat you press W, A, S, or D on the direction you are trying to achieve to gain movement again."

I don't know if the devs are aware of this one. But it's not a bug but a Issue in the line code in the game client.
    When dodging and keep pressing the dodge (shift) the client don't recognize de WASD because They are capped...

A quick fix for the issue i wrote above is to set the Second Hotkey Setting With " shift + W / A / S / D" Like this, it would prevent to lock WASD while pressing Shift.
    Well I'll test that out next time though that might create more of a problem seeing as its a coding problem, due to the fact both bindings worked fine before the other hotfix not from the recent hotfix and nor did it fix, though it didnt mess up the dodge anymore which is a thing I cant really complain about but again I'll try it though they still need to look into this.

Quote Originally Posted by KoBeWi View Post
    I don't have this problem. But M3 indeed doesn't work anymore since update. It's labeled Dodge2 in settings.
    Yes both keys worked EDIT: before the update, I thought maybe the recent hotfix might fix what other broke but sadly the dodge bindings are twisted at the moment but I'm planning to try out what Nyan_Cat had suggested hopefully it might make a difference if not they need to rework the code.

EDIT: I thought it was a hotfix but you are correct it was the update that before it was launched both dodge bindings Shift and M3 worked fine.

Alright so I've tried to set the bindings to what you suggest @Nyan_Cat but they were not posing any difference but it seems that I don't stop moving after dodging as much this time is about after like 2-3 dodges though I've seen it stop movement after 1 dodge at times which is good that I don't have to feel like I don't need to use my shift any more. Honestly I'm hoping that something is fixed even though I don't use the shift dodge as much I do use the M3 dodge alot. Thanks for help though its much appreciated. But I have to agree the coding at the moment is amissed and needs to be corrected.

Dodge2 keybinding is also broken for me, when I press it, I get that "tock" sound indicating that I can't use that skill right now.
    I fixed it for now by setting M3 as the secondary binding to the "normal" dodge ability.

And yes, shift dodging is wonky and randomly stops movement, so I only use it when my mouse hand is busy pressing other buttons...

I did a quick video for better understanding to fix the WASD / Jump Issue while shifting...

https://youtu.be/Chc-aZm6l2g

Quote Originally Posted by Nyan_Cat View Post
    I did a quick video for better understanding to fix the WASD / Jump Issue while shifting...

https://youtu.be/Chc-aZm6l2g
    Ah cool thanks I'll check this out. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: (Forgot to add this) If it still appears to be wonky I'll be trying what Lynx3D did for now.

Alright I've tested it and it seems smooth for now so the shift is fixed for now but we still have to worry about M3 binding not working so thanks for the help on this. Sucks that two major useful keys are treated like this so hopefully they can look into whats causing the M3 issue since the Shift problem can be solved with just adjusting the other keybindings though I have to say it was weird that they coded it that way. Again Thanks for your help and hope you are having an awesome day/night.

+ Reply to Thread