+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New block types too expensive to use in quantity

New block types too expensive to use in quantity

It is a cruel jape to deprive builders of new blocks for so long - focusing on adventure updates - and then release new block types and vfx that are extremely over priced. Compared to decorations in the past, the new decorations are way out of step with past building costs.

If dev's want us to actually use new building content, we're going to need to be able to afford it at a more reasonable rate.

-Meloji

/grumble

Agreed 100%

It's costly to craft the builder's notes and then the hurt is compounded.

These Geodians supposedly need our help, yet we pay them for everything we need to help them...

Just like the blocks that came with the heroes update, they are not there to be used, they are just there so players that ask for more decorative blocks have something to be distracted by.

Lets make a relation here:

Crafting a standard Recipy that unlocks a new Geode Item does cost 240.
    Crafting one of those decorative items costs 200 Crystals.

This is like asking for 1 Blank scroll for each white block that you want to craft in the Cube Converter...

I have a hunch its intentional. Have you seen the frame rate drop when someone gets near those? The devs were trying to show case them early on and a line of the dancing lights slowed their client to a crawl. While I'm unsure if this issue has been fixed, I worried about it pretty much as soon as I saw them on PTS. Too many of those things crammed into one small space is a lag trap.
    Knight : 22/7.6 Guns : 18/5.9 Fae : 30/8.9 Draco : 30/10.8 Neon : 20/7.9 Barb : 20/6.8 Sage : 19/6.6 Hunt : 30/8.6 Pirate : 30/12.4 Boom : 30/15.2 Tomb : 30/13.8 Lunar : 17/6.9 Rev :17/6.6 Chloro : 30/18.5 Dino : 17/7.2 Vang : 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by Mandibles View Post
    I have a hunch its intentional. Have you seen the frame rate drop when someone gets near those? The devs were trying to show case them early on and a line of the dancing lights slowed their client to a crawl. While I'm unsure if this issue has been fixed, I worried about it pretty much as soon as I saw them on PTS. Too many of those things crammed into one small space is a lag trap.
    I had that thought as well, but it doesn't explain the cost of the decor.

Quote Originally Posted by pFurini View Post
    Just like the blocks that came with the heroes update, they are not there to be used, they are just there so players that ask for more decorative blocks have something to be distracted by.
    I agree with this statement.
    My content:
    ✅ Masked Mercenary [Rampage Datastreamer] costume: http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...r-(Neon-Ninja)
    ✅ Paranormal Pupkin ally: http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...anormal-Pupkin
    ✅ Terraria's Astral Plane mod: https://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...l-plane.69226/

Its almost like someone made a PTS thread 7 weeks ago that went unnoticed~
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: 107,873 | Total Power Rank: 346,429 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 703 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    Its almost like someone made a PTS thread 7 weeks ago that went unnoticed~
    There's a pts forum? I thought there couldn't have been since every problem ever seen on pts makes it to live as if there is no reason to have a pts at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan View Post
    There's a pts forum? I thought there couldn't have been since every problem ever seen on pts makes it to live as if there is no reason to have a pts at all.
    no there is it just seems like that since that's pretty much what happens

+ Reply to Thread