+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will Patron be changed to suite the new expansion?

Earth, Sol System, Orion Spiral Arm, Milky Way

Will Patron be changed to suite the new expansion?

I'm curious if Patron will be changed to suit the Geode expansion. Will we get a bonus to anything for Geode? A Battle Box change to suit Bomber Royale since the previous PvP mode is no longer accessible except via clubs that have a custom PvP arena (even then I doubt many are going to do custom PvP arenas now that BR is available and more popular) ?
    Am beginning to wonder if Patron is even worth it to continue paying for given the issue with the current bonuses that seem to act as if they are not even active.
    Sound when stretched is music - Movement when stretched is dance
    Mind when stretched is meditation - Life when stretched is celebration
    Ravi Shankar

probably not, only way is to p2w with pinatas or slowly grind. no constant boost

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    I'm curious if Patron will be changed to suit the Geode expansion. Will we get a bonus to anything for Geode? A Battle Box change to suit Bomber Royale since the previous PvP mode is no longer accessible except via clubs that have a custom PvP arena (even then I doubt many are going to do custom PvP arenas now that BR is available and more popular) ?
    Am beginning to wonder if Patron is even worth it to continue paying for given the issue with the current bonuses that seem to act as if they are not even active.

I don't feel patron is worth it anymore. They crapped on paying players with no geode bonus and don't deserve that constant support from any of us.

Earth, Sol System, Orion Spiral Arm, Milky Way
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandros View Post
    I don't feel patron is worth it anymore. They crapped on paying players with no geode bonus and don't deserve that constant support from any of us.
    Simply by playing the game and keeping their player count up is supporting them.

Not looking for a constant boost or some insane bonus to geode. Something like +300-500 gas, +25-50% boost to boots. Just something a little extra.
    Remove the Battle box bonus since it is defunct now, add a Bomber Royale box for patrons after ever few matches or extra 5 coins each week (yes I know there is a tome).
    Perhaps comments being more supportive for something the Developers might pay more attention than people just shooting down and being negative about everything suggested would help.
    Sound when stretched is music - Movement when stretched is dance
    Mind when stretched is meditation - Life when stretched is celebration
    Ravi Shankar

Quote Originally Posted by Mandros View Post
    You are talking like Trove part of the game magically ceased to exist. If you don't like boosted daily bonuses, bonus exp and Adventurine, triple Star Bar and double MF/gem box karma, that's your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by KoBeWi View Post
    You are talking like Trove part of the game magically ceased to exist. If you don't like boosted daily bonuses, bonus exp and Adventurine, triple Star Bar and double MF/gem box karma, that's your choice.
    Geode isn't just an "expansion."
    It makes sense that patron would give some sort of bonus for Geode. It's part of the game and is part of the Trove part. It's a part of the game that definitely deserve a small bonus from patron.

Has been answered before but here's Fasti's response for those that didn't see it:

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    All forms of support from players are genuinely appreciated. We have a full dev crew working on the game every weekday trying to make things better or adding wild new stuff that no one would have ever thought about, and we get to do that because people are willing to invest money in the game.

All that is to say that Geode is a planet to slow down. If you want every second of gameplay to be focused on making numbers on your character sheet go up, this probably won't be a planet you'll want to visit every day. If Patron made gathering materials faster or let players traverse the caves more quickly it would undermine a core design strategy for the entire expansion.

We designed Geode to be very different in just about every way. Forcing Patron benefits onto it would undermine our goals so we opted not to. With all that info please make the decision that works best for you.

If you do want to support us but Patron doesn't make as much sense, we'd genuinely appreciate any other purchases you'd like to make. For anyone who is a free player, we appreciate all of you as well. You fill our worlds with a vast community of people working together to kick block and take names. We can love all of you equally without being able to please everyone with every decision. We'll do our best, but we wanted to put game design above other factors here.

Just imagine if we'd gone the other way and Patron status let you do everything on Geode at hyper-speed? I suspect there may have been one or two extra P2W posts out there in the world.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: 107,873 | Total Power Rank: 346,429 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 703 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    Has been answered before but here's Fasti's response for those that didn't see it:
    His answer makes no sense, he claims that there are no benefits to keep players from progressing super fast, but as you can see it didn't work. It just required more money and other ways to do so. Pinatas and caches defeat the idea of slow progress.

+ Reply to Thread