+ Reply to Thread

Thread: anti-gravity blocks too expensive?

anti-gravity blocks too expensive?

this is more of an opinion, but I find the anti gravity blocks way too expensive, considering that you have to stack them in-order to have a working elevator. Basically it takes a hefty amount of resources just to make one block, so when you need many blocks in-order for them to work properly its too expensive.

Its the same with the vfx blocks, for the amount you need and the people they cater to, they're really not feasable deco pieces or utility blocks.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: 107,873 | Total Power Rank: 346,429 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 703 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

First off don't like Geode but its here so figured I'd add some of the nice stuff from Geode.
    I.e. the gravity up and down blocks which are nice to make elevators in my cs.

Made one of each, very expensive but why not I like building once in a while.
    Then noticed I had to place 1 for each and every block I wanted to go up, this is silly, I wanted an elevator which goes like 30-40 blocks up which is an insane amount of resources needed.
    Please drastically decrease the cost of the Geode blocks so we can at least have some fun from Geode without actually liking to play it.

Edit: only now noticed the thread was a few months old, guess not much chance of anything happening then, real shame. Unrealistic costs for blocks which are just fun to use nothing more.

They are that expensive because it would kill the server if there were too many of them placed. It's purely for technical reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by KoBeWi View Post
    They are that expensive because it would kill the server if there were too many of them placed. It's purely for technical reasons.
    So.. they used them at a destination that would require many of these resource intensive hubs in the future?

^
    Well, yeah XD

But still, there's way more clubs than hub worlds and if our building wasn't limited, these blocks would be totally overused.

I would figure blinking leds and face of flow etc. are more intensive for the server then an elevator block.
    Might be why the interval LEDs don't actually interval in a CS though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tismij View Post
    I would figure blinking leds [...] are more intensive for the server than an elevator block.
    They are intensive only for the client (light fx etc.). Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of them blink synchronously no matter when they are placed. On server side, that's just one boolean variable that switches ON and OFF. If done correctly, server doesn't even need to send state updates for these blocks.

They are intensive only for the client (light fx etc.). Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of them blink synchronously no matter when they are placed. On server side, that's just one boolean variable that switches ON and OFF. If done correctly, server doesn't even need to send state updates for these blocks.
    Even if so, basics would say the air-draft blocks for flying would be as hard on the server load as these elevator blocks, from a technical point of view I see no reason these block give a larger load to the server than for instance simply moving.
    Graphics are client side and only other difference is a change of location (i.e. 1 block up or down), there is absolutely no reason these blocks are harder on the server and therefore no reason they should be this expensive.

+ Reply to Thread