+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trove Livestream Notes 29/06/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    If Patron made gathering materials faster or let players traverse the caves more quickly it would undermine a core design strategy for the entire expansion.
    The pinatas and caches you can buy from the store do exactly that though.

A question, why were the domes watered down so heavily?

edit: I really like the way geode works, there are just a few issues that I'd like some clarification on. By my reply it looks like i didn't enjoy it

Hey there,

I'm very sorry if the answer came across as terse. It probably would have been better to provide a bit more context around the answer, so let me try to add that now. All forms of support from players are genuinely appreciated. We have a full dev crew working on the game every weekday trying to make things better or adding wild new stuff that no one would have ever thought about, and we get to do that because people are willing to invest money in the game.

Geode isn't just more of the same for Trove. It's fundamentally different. On the planet Trove you jump into the game, hop into adventure worlds and race through the world to take down dungeons bosses and earn materials. Speed and efficiency are rewarded. Hop into Shadow Towers and farm up resources to make improvements to your gear and carry on the cycle. There's a lot happening but it's a push for power that makes the content itself somewhat trivial. It's fun to feel powerful in a game. It doesn't remain fun to face no obstacles.

With the new expansion we wanted to take a break and add something new for players to try. We didn't think everyone who loves to farm dungeons and ST bosses would be super excited to explore caves, but it was important to our long term vision of the game that we at least make attempts to introduce new things to the game that other studios would never even consider.

All that is to say that Geode is a planet to slow down. If you want every second of gameplay to be focused on making numbers on your character sheet go up, this probably won't be a planet you'll want to visit every day. If Patron made gathering materials faster or let players traverse the caves more quickly it would undermine a core design strategy for the entire expansion.

"Pay to win" is something people yell at just about every video game, regardless of circumstances. It can't be avoided. People have been saying Geode is the most pay to win thing ever invented. It's so pay to win that paying money for Patron gives literally no benefits...it's a diabolical plan! So the answer, really is this: We designed Geode to be very different in just about every way. Forcing Patron benefits onto it would undermine our goals so we opted not to. With all that info please make the decision that works best for you.

If you do want to support us but Patron doesn't make as much sense, we'd genuinely appreciate any other purchases you'd like to make. For anyone who is a free player, we appreciate all of you as well. You fill our worlds with a vast community of people working together to kick block and take names. We can love all of you equally without being able to please everyone with every decision. We'll do our best, but we wanted to put game design above other factors here.

Just imagine if we'd gone the other way and Patron status let you do everything on Geode at hyper-speed? I suspect there may have been one or two extra P2W posts out there in the world.

Thanks for playing, drbubblesps4. I have no idea if this answer will help at all, but it definitely wouldn't have fit in a livestream Q&A segment. Have a great weekend.

Thank you for clarifying this situation with an actual detailed answer Fasti. In saying that I personally and I'm sure most of the community would appreciate an answer or clarification of this caliber in regards to the removal of token boons. This action will severely timegate augmenting our characters. I'm aware that an answer was given during a previous livestream but that answer wasn't good enough in my opinion. You said you will monitor the global drops of bound brilliance and adjust if it's necessary. So basically we will all get the amount from the weekly tome and that's it. I feel that if you were going to take away basically our only way of accelerating our character progression by paying with cash or buying pouches with flux that it should have been replaced with another method before the removal of the boon method. Can you give us more insight into this situation please Fasti?

Quote Originally Posted by drbubblesps4 View Post
    I agree it is the most pay to win thing. And by not letting patron provide any bonus whatever you force people to buy the Pinatas or crystal caches if they want to get anywhere without farming a whole week since crystal farming is sooooo slow and the amount of crystals you need to do anything is astonishing. Yes it’s pay to get ahead and avoid a super tedious grind by design. But to allow no patron benefit at all is just flabbergasting and your reasoning doesn’t justify it. You could easily add small benefits for patron that don’t make it that much faster to get through.
    Your Patrons should be happy and appreciated that those money has been used for a big content like Geode, and Patrons already gain major benefits on Trove World (Thanks to the daily bonus rework). Isn't it still not fair enough that Patrons do not gain benefits on hoarding in Geode? Is your guys wanted even more players shouted: "XXX you got XXX so fast, it is pointless for me to hoard now cause it is impossible!"? If Patron status implemented on Geode, it is too much already and also as the dev said, ruined their friends or clubmates experience in competing each other for their progress on adventure. Those new packages, caches could be viewed as another way to support if a player wishes to get something like Patron but going to Geode more frequently.

That's why Steam Summer Sale is here, grab a game and chill yourself out before Geode get reworked to make hoarding more enjoyable. Don't be a salt and give other players a negative impressions on Patrons. (Ps: My friend is 2 years of Patrons and happy to see Geode comes out, I only got 6 months but I am fine with that)

Please please PLEASE let us craft a placeable version of the hub atlas. I think it'd be cool if it didn't even have everything unlocked right away and had to be upgraded by using the individual portals with it to unlock the location, maybe some resources.

[COLOR=black][SIZE=4][B][SIZE=5][COLOR=yellow][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]Will you please check the math behind key fragments and shadow shards as level 10 club seems to not triple either. Is that because it goes off base drops or slightly mathematical fudge?

I misspoke I meant I'm in a lvl 10 club and on Wednesday my shadow shard and key fragments drops are not being trippled 5,7,8 are the drops I am getting for shadow shards not 6,9&12 as the login screen would suggest and I only recently started paying attention to key drops so I don't remember as the change dungeon to dungeon Uber to Uber but I know they aren't 3X.

Quote Originally Posted by PichuYang View Post
    Your Patrons should be happy and appreciated that those money has been used for a big content like Geode, and Patrons already gain major benefits on Trove World (Thanks to the daily bonus rework). Isn't it still not fair enough that Patrons do not gain benefits on hoarding in Geode? Is your guys wanted even more players shouted: "XXX you got XXX so fast, it is pointless for me to hoard now cause it is impossible!"? If Patron status implemented on Geode, it is too much already and also as the dev said, ruined their friends or clubmates experience in competing each other for their progress on adventure. Those new packages, caches could be viewed as another way to support if a player wishes to get something like Patron but going to Geode more frequently.

That's why Steam Summer Sale is here, grab a game and chill yourself out before Geode get reworked to make hoarding more enjoyable. Don't be a salt and give other players a negative impressions on Patrons. (Ps: My friend is 2 years of Patrons and happy to see Geode comes out, I only got 6 months but I am fine with that)
    If youre not a patron user and you enjoy the game you should be happy because we pay to win to keep the game going. Once you save 400k flux which you can do in a week easily buy cred pouches from the market place no money needed and then purchase patron with flux and you too can join the dark side of us hoarding evil patron users.

7.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by drbubblesps4 View Post
    I agree it is the most pay to win thing. And by not letting patron provide any bonus whatever you force people to buy the Pinatas or crystal caches if they want to get anywhere without farming a whole week since crystal farming is sooooo slow and the amount of crystals you need to do anything is astonishing. Yes it’s pay to get ahead and avoid a super tedious grind by design. But to allow no patron benefit at all is just flabbergasting and your reasoning doesn’t justify it. You could easily add small benefits for patron that don’t make it that much faster to get through.
    This isn't the best place for it since it's a reply to an unrelated topic, so please create a new thread for us and call out specifically what benefits Patron should provide on Geode. If your logic is sound we're absolutely open to change (even if there are no immediate plans to do so in this case). We'll listen to what you have to say and will take it into consideration.

"Pay to win" is something people yell at just about every video game, regardless of circumstances. It can't be avoided. People have been saying Geode is the most pay to win thing ever invented. It's so pay to win that paying money for Patron gives literally no benefits...it's a diabolical plan! So the answer, really is this: We designed Geode to be very different in just about every way. Forcing Patron benefits onto it would undermine our goals so we opted not to. With all that info please make the decision that works best for you.
    I know that feel. All of those people claiming that games like fortnite, LoL/DotA, rocket league etc are p2w is insane. There is absolutely nothing you can do when your model gives significant bonuses to those that pay... You also couldn't make your money only packs that are intended to remove some of the gating each module available for credits either. I personally have no problem with geode not using patron, even though I've bought patron with flux for years with decent ease, the benefits are just far too great. Contrary to what a couple of other people here seem to suggest, patron benefits are not a replacement for good game design. The issue is with the design itself. You guys keep acting as if peoples issues with the game are their own problems and not something that can be improved upon. You really don't know how lucky you guys are to actually retain the small amount of players that still play. Other games get bigger ****storms over less.

One more thing, you said in another thread that we all game for our own reasons (valid point). However you claimed to be a gamer yourself. You do not need to pretend to be one to add validity if it's not true. Anyone who saw you pvp on stream or struggling to shoot at a wall on stream with Averam wan't to see bullet vfx knows that this isn't the case. That's fine, we all have different hobbies, but you lot would have gone a lot further if you acknowledged that some of us do actually know what we're talking about. Of course that's not to say we don't have our own set of nonsense too, we're all human after all.

I entered trove years ago as my first trion game and it provided something new and creative. Development and quality support has been lacking and become less creative (we're still seeing dragons as epic mounts years later, it doesn't amaze us anymore). It will also be my last trion game. Especially with what I've heard from my other MMO friends who emigrated to Archeage.

Yes you can't please everyone, but you sure as hell can improve upon design, quality and creativity in a wide variety of ways. Instead of having complaints from the irrational, you have complaints from people who have a basic set of standards. On the topic of this module, I don't even understand what the logic was on giving you multiple modules that you can't afford to even upgrade. Even if you focus just on one tool, it's a pita. I don't even know what logic went into charging 200 credits for a crystal pinata. Something that was brought up about the romancing and shamrock pinatas particularly.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    Yes you can't please everyone.
    The problem is not that a small amount of players are unhappy. If 5% of the players are unhappy then the players might be wrong, but if 5% of the players are happy, then maybe, just maybe, the other 95% have some point.

What drives me off this upgrade is the insane amount of grinding expected out of it. Metamater for example, you only get a reliable source of it after you're done upgrading and grinding t5. Who thought this was a good idea?

Earth, Sol System, Orion Spiral Arm, Milky Way
    What about a change to Patron for Bomber Royale? Trion has removed the other PvP mode yet the Patron "bonus" is still there which is pointless. That specific patron bonus should be changed to reflect the current PvP Bomber Royale or at the least change it to a fishing bonus since the Battle Chest bonus was already broken to begin with.
    Sound when stretched is music - Movement when stretched is dance
    Mind when stretched is meditation - Life when stretched is celebration
    Ravi Shankar

+ Reply to Thread