+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trove Livestream Notes 29/06/2018

Post Trove Livestream Notes 29/06/2018

Welcome to the latest live stream notes thread!

Tonight the team roamed through the clubs armed with a new dev toy, allowing them to fire a ring of pinatas for people to destroy, which randomly chooses what they were and very rarely spawns a Trojan propagator rampage boss.

Upcoming event to the game, Sunfest coming out in 2 weeks, and next week brings a bonus experience week.
    It was noted that you can get 25 golden vale fragments by completing the event which will set you off rather nicely as a quarter of the way to the dragon.

Steam summer sale for PC only available til july 5th.

Console will get its own later on.

Questions and Answers Session:

Any more info on bound brilliance?
    No changes on our previous answers right now, were going to evaluate them and add new drops as appropriate in the future

Will we be getting any new sub-biomes and if so, whats the most likely biome to get one?
    Possible, likely not til next year though. Our current focus is geodes surface.
    Maybe snow or desert.

What brought about the decision to make patron not count for anything on geode, do you think players will continue to idly continue spending money on a service that provides no benefit for the bulk of the new daily activites?
    I'ts our intent to not have patron benefots extend to the geode cave system. If this decision means you no longer need to subscribe to the service, that decision is yours.

Will you please check the math behind key fragments and shadow shards as level 10 club seems to not triple either. Is that because it goes off base drops or slightly mathematical fudge?
    Key fragments and shadow shards wouldnt be tripled by being in a level 10 clubs. It would be the what fixtures the club has. The way these drops actually work is by rolling against the loot table multiple times. Sometimes you'd see triple and sometimes you'd see a drop where you wouldn't have otherwise.

When are max level clubs going to be able to earn clubits for filling the xp bar? It wasn't in heroes or mentioned in the PTS patch notes?
    We had issues with prestiging club levels prior to adventures and have not resolved them to a point of satisfaction. No guarantees that the system will be imported I'm afraid.

As streamer dream box 1 are not given anymore, how do i get the Robo raptor or Balefire wings?
    I'll have a conversation with Luxion

The neon swathcutters red line VFX was never added back into the game, will this be added back at a later date?
    We will check on it

Will you guys be converting more floating type mounts into gliding mounts?
    Probably not.

Will there ever be a dragon that is also a boat?
    Probably yes.

If we missed an item in the dayspring, will it be available via Luxion at some point?
    Super highly likely.

I thought we would be getting geodian armour?
    Great question, we cant answer it yet, stay tuned.

Can we please have our mastery level displayed under the level again?
    It was intentional that we removed it as there are 3 mastery types now.
    We decided in the end to display them all via the character sheet.

The menu on PS4 seems really out of balance, any changes coming to that?
    Please provide more info and what seems to be out of place and we will reproduce it and get it fixed.

Since Bomber Royale is a thing, a fun additional mode could be team dodgeball, 5 each side with insta-death by crossing the centre, indestructible ground, on bounce bombs, .33 second cool down per throw.
    Were excited about the potential of great bomber royale modes in the future.

The hub atlas, can we craft or buy it from Luxion in the future?
    Yes, we'll have an announcement for this soon. It'll be either part of a future fixture or a stand alone decor piece in the future.

That ends this weeks recap, hope all are enjoying the current update and as per usual, enjoy your gaming
    IGN: Shirokiri | Discord: Shirokiri#4720 | Community Superstar | Trove Livestream Recapper
    Mastery: 540+

Thanks Shiro!

Thanx for your effords, Shirokiri!

Thank you both for your long term continuing support, hope all is well.
    IGN: Shirokiri | Discord: Shirokiri#4720 | Community Superstar | Trove Livestream Recapper
    Mastery: 540+

Yes, we'll have an announcement for this soon. It'll be either part of a future fixture or a stand alone decor piece in the future.
    I'd rather not have it be part of a fixture. A craftable standalone item would be preferable.
    ~~ IGN: Spirare ~~
    It's supposed to be pronounced rahr, not rayr
    ~~ Main classes: Dracolyte/Vanguardian | Power Rank: 23,627/23,515 | Total Mastery: 539 ~~
    ~~ Clubs: | ~~
    ~~ Dragons: 11/17 | 24/31 | 3/3 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokiri View Post
    Any more info on bound brilliance?
    No changes on our previous answers right now, were going to evaluate them and add new drops as appropriate in the future?
    Thank you for being as clear as possible on that answer.

And thank you Shiro for the notes.

Thank you for the notes. Their answer on patron is such a slap in the face. Itís not like you can suspend your patron status while on Geode and right now I feel obligated to do some stuff on geode which feels like torture. I hate everything about geode so watching patron tick away with no benefits makes it even worse. I feel like Iím being punished for supporting the game which is confusing... why our we being punished Trion? I donít get it.

Ty Shirokiri
    As streamer dream box 1 are not given anymore, how do i get the Robo raptor or Balefire wings?
    I'll have a conversation with Luxion

So... is mean streamer dream box 1 allies also can get from Luxion? idk :s

9.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by drbubblesps4 View Post
    Thank you for the notes. Their answer on patron is such a slap in the face. It’s not like you can suspend your patron status while on Geode and right now I feel obligated to do some stuff on geode which feels like torture. I hate everything about geode so watching patron tick away with no benefits makes it even worse. I feel like I’m being punished for supporting the game which is confusing... why our we being punished Trion? I don’t get it.
    Hey there,

I'm very sorry if the answer came across as terse. It probably would have been better to provide a bit more context around the answer, so let me try to add that now. All forms of support from players are genuinely appreciated. We have a full dev crew working on the game every weekday trying to make things better or adding wild new stuff that no one would have ever thought about, and we get to do that because people are willing to invest money in the game.

Geode isn't just more of the same for Trove. It's fundamentally different. On the planet Trove you jump into the game, hop into adventure worlds and race through the world to take down dungeons bosses and earn materials. Speed and efficiency are rewarded. Hop into Shadow Towers and farm up resources to make improvements to your gear and carry on the cycle. There's a lot happening but it's a push for power that makes the content itself somewhat trivial. It's fun to feel powerful in a game. It doesn't remain fun to face no obstacles.

With the new expansion we wanted to take a break and add something new for players to try. We didn't think everyone who loves to farm dungeons and ST bosses would be super excited to explore caves, but it was important to our long term vision of the game that we at least make attempts to introduce new things to the game that other studios would never even consider.

All that is to say that Geode is a planet to slow down. If you want every second of gameplay to be focused on making numbers on your character sheet go up, this probably won't be a planet you'll want to visit every day. If Patron made gathering materials faster or let players traverse the caves more quickly it would undermine a core design strategy for the entire expansion.

"Pay to win" is something people yell at just about every video game, regardless of circumstances. It can't be avoided. People have been saying Geode is the most pay to win thing ever invented. It's so pay to win that paying money for Patron gives literally no benefits...it's a diabolical plan! So the answer, really is this: We designed Geode to be very different in just about every way. Forcing Patron benefits onto it would undermine our goals so we opted not to. With all that info please make the decision that works best for you.

If you do want to support us but Patron doesn't make as much sense, we'd genuinely appreciate any other purchases you'd like to make. For anyone who is a free player, we appreciate all of you as well. You fill our worlds with a vast community of people working together to kick block and take names. We can love all of you equally without being able to please everyone with every decision. We'll do our best, but we wanted to put game design above other factors here.

Just imagine if we'd gone the other way and Patron status let you do everything on Geode at hyper-speed? I suspect there may have been one or two extra P2W posts out there in the world.

Thanks for playing, drbubblesps4. I have no idea if this answer will help at all, but it definitely wouldn't have fit in a livestream Q&A segment. Have a great weekend.

I agree it is the most pay to win thing. And by not letting patron provide any bonus whatever you force people to buy the Pinatas or crystal caches if they want to get anywhere without farming a whole week since crystal farming is sooooo slow and the amount of crystals you need to do anything is astonishing. Yes it’s pay to get ahead and avoid a super tedious grind by design. But to allow no patron benefit at all is just flabbergasting and your reasoning doesn’t justify it. You could easily add small benefits for patron that don’t make it that much faster to get through.

+ Reply to Thread