+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Frag Drop Rates Continued

I've gotten a few spinner frags randomly in midevil heights last Friday going through dungeons. So those spiders work at least
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 17/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

Are these fragments effected by some sort of diminished return? my experience with the kami fragments is the day geode was released i farmed uber 3 neon city for 6 hours on and off with my shadow hunter ended up with 19 fragments, now everyday since im lucky to get 1 or 2 in 3 hours this morning farmed 3 hours got 0. bad luck or diminished returns?

broken system. period.

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpro View Post
    Are these fragments effected by some sort of diminished return? my experience with the kami fragments is the day geode was released i farmed uber 3 neon city for 6 hours on and off with my shadow hunter ended up with 19 fragments, now everyday since im lucky to get 1 or 2 in 3 hours this morning farmed 3 hours got 0. bad luck or diminished returns?

Bad luck mostly.
    As the boost in drop rates are kinda confined to "Gathering" day and "Dragon" day.

Tuesday/Friday are more better for farming fragments than any other day.

I'm a bit surprised nobody's mentioned Sarsaponia, the Bubble Dragon yet.

Granted, before the change those fragments were much too common relative to the 1800 Jadefins required for the crafting recipe. But I don't think that fragment drop rate changed at all, or if it did, I don't see much of a difference from before. At this rate, whatever market there used to be for those Jadefins is probably going to dry up.

The patch said some dragon fragment needed amount and drop rate were increased. player thought that would get dragon easier.

On my view, that just a illusion. Yep, The fragment drop rate was increased, maybe from 0.1% to 1%, but it doesnt mean player can get it easier as the needed fragment amount have increased to 100.
    10 times chance of fragment and 20 times amount of needed fragments.

Good job Trion, continue to extort player to buy effigy/ golden D egg as well

Killing spiders on a Friday as non-patron for 2.5 hours gave 4 fragments.

my 2 cents on the matter: the droprate, at least for the spinner fragments, seems fine as is

been farming the last couple of days(nothing on friday), altogether ~4 hours, and i have gotten 10 spider fragments, as well as 1 ice and 3 irridescent fragments. this has been a bit of a rng ride tho, as i have received 6 fragments on the first day, when i farmed 1 hour and 20 min, while on the second day i needed the same amount of time to get 2. and honestly, i like this. dragons are supposed to be something not everybody can just get by playing the game normally, they should require farming, and a lot of it. with this rate, i will need another ~30 hours to get the spinner dragon, and that is fine, it gives me something to do.

bottom line: while still reliant on rng, the whole experience of farming these fragments has drastically improved, as the progress can be clearly seen.
    IGN: FluffyNoibat

Main: Fae <3

Quote Originally Posted by Seedlings View Post
    I'm a bit surprised nobody's mentioned Sarsaponia, the Bubble Dragon yet.

Granted, before the change those fragments were much too common relative to the 1800 Jadefins required for the crafting recipe. But I don't think that fragment drop rate changed at all, or if it did, I don't see much of a difference from before. At this rate, whatever market there used to be for those Jadefins is probably going to dry up.
    The problem never was the bubble fragments. There was always a plentiful supply of bubble fragments. It was always getting the Jadefins to go along with the bubble fragments that was the issue. Your logic is flawed, an increase in the amount of bubble fragments will not decrease the need for the jadefins. If anything, an increase in the amount of bubble fragments will mean that more players are looking for the jadefins to complete the dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by FKY View Post
    The patch said some dragon fragment needed amount and drop rate were increased. player thought that would get dragon easier.

On my view, that just a illusion. Yep, The fragment drop rate was increased, maybe from 0.1% to 1%, but it doesnt mean player can get it easier as the needed fragment amount have increased to 100.
    10 times chance of fragment and 20 times amount of needed fragments.

Good job Trion, continue to extort player to buy effigy/ golden D egg as well
    Sorry, but I disagree with you here. The point was not to make it so that your bags are overflowing with dragon fragments, but to allow you to better be able to see progress on getting that dragon. On that point I think that they succeeded as intended.

I have not spent hours farming for dragon fragments as other players have, but I have gotten the occasional fragment in my limited game play. I have a sense of progress being made towards being able to craft those dragons. This sense of progress was missing when it was just 5 fragments. With the 5 fragments, it was entirely RNG for if I got a fragment or not. Farming did not seem to help at all as my alt accounts had as much if not more fragments than my main account had on some dragons.

+ Reply to Thread