+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Frag Drop Rates Continued

Quote Originally Posted by aitorherrero View Post
    I think that the starfire dragon egg fragments drop is bugged, or at least it should be because it is insane how difficult it is to get one single fragment egg.

Before the update came out i thought that if we had 1 dragon egg fragment they were going to give us the proportion ( 20 dragon egg fragments), i mean, before the update it was more difficult to get dragon egg fragments and it is unfair that if i had 2 starfire dragon egg fragments before the update, i still have 2 fragments because now we need 100 instead of 5. As i said, i think that they should give us a compensation, if you had 1 fragment, now they ( the devs) should give you 20 fragments.
    I dont know if its the same for Starfire cause i never got one, but i loot collected the old frags to new ones and the ratio is the ones they said 1:20.. You probably just have to loot collect your starfire into new ones!

Quote Originally Posted by aitorherrero View Post
    I think that the starfire dragon egg fragments drop is bugged, or at least it should be because it is insane how difficult it is to get one single fragment egg.

Before the update came out i thought that if we had 1 dragon egg fragment they were going to give us the proportion ( 20 dragon egg fragments), i mean, before the update it was more difficult to get dragon egg fragments and it is unfair that if i had 2 starfire dragon egg fragments before the update, i still have 2 fragments because now we need 100 instead of 5. As i said, i think that they should give us a compensation, if you had 1 fragment, now they ( the devs) should give you 20 fragments.
    Don't they loot collect for 20? It says in the patch notes they are supposed to.

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

I actually feel like I'm getting somewhere instead of mad with absolutely 0 progress. Yeah can see how slow it is but I gotten some frags at least now. Long as it doesn't take a year for one dragon the perm stat is worth.
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 17/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

I honestly don't know why some people seemed to think it was a solution. It's definitely an improvement on seeing progress, but frankly the main issue was just that the drop rate was just too freaking low. Having said that, the crystal cloud dragon is very accessible and did not make me want to kill myself, so that's a plus.

Here's what i think happened:

During PTS, the changed fragment requirement was initially 20 (up from 5), and i would have assumed the drop rate was quadrupled along with that.
    However later on, the fragment requirement was again changed, this time to 100, and this time i don't think they buffed the drop rate to match.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: 100,341 | Total Power Rank: 346,429 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 701 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

I had effigied these dragons because I thought they were lost to the land of bad RNG for me, but if they drop anywhere near the rates that the phoenix feathers do, I would have definitely farmed for them. The 5 an hour sounds very reasonable to me. I wouldn't try to farm them all in 1 day though, it's much easier to just split it up into days/weeks depending on your tolerant level.

For the new patch
    On 28/06/2018 (Fri) Dragon day, with patron
    Got 100 golden vale dragon fragments within 30 mins.

And got 0 starfire dragon fragment by ran 11 times HM DD ST over an hour.

There are 2 floors has mini-boss, each floor 7 bosses, 14 per run

Total killed 154 mini-bosses and got nothing fragment

It doesnt make sence if the drop rate is increased and added into dragon day bonus.

I have a Kami dragon egg fragment that I have no idea where it came from because I was mostly doing Geode on Dragon Day.

So I'm curious now, since the 100 change, most dragon frags (not all though) now loot collects into 20 flux instead of 400...

Is this why lag has gone down on the server, because its no longer the best way to make flux?
    Knight : 22/7.6 Guns : 18/5.9 Fae : 30/8.9 Draco : 30/10.8 Neon : 20/7.9 Barb : 20/6.8 Sage : 19/6.6 Hunt : 30/8.6 Pirate : 30/12.4 Boom : 30/15.2 Tomb : 30/13.8 Lunar : 17/6.9 Rev :17/6.6 Chloro : 30/18.5 Dino : 17/7.2 Vang : 0/0

the main problem with this set of dragons is the resource available to farm.
    like some said with the crystal cloud dragon easily they got 100 in 20-30mins some even said 10mins and thats not even on dragon bonus day.
    if going by that, crystal cloud dragon could be the best way to farm flux.

anyway back to the main issue, example crystal cloud you could easily find lots of it in skyland and gathering lots of it in that short time frame. comparing next to infinium and sunlight bulb.
    this 3 is the easiest due to the amount spawned.

looking at glacial shards average is only 3-5 blocks to gather thus the drop rate would still be bad regardless its increased. devs could increase glacial shard nodes and spawns. i find mostly shapestone in permafrost caves more than glacial.also barely any caves too. im more likely to find glacial shards nodes spawn in caves when there is firedrake biome next to it between the borders of 2 biome

as for neon kami , dino perserve and spider basically the mob killing is just bad as ever due to how many mobs are out there in the biome. so far for neon kami its either looking for 3star dungeon that has decent mobs spawn or simply the standard tactic just running around in circles killing wild mobs.

dino and spider is on another level of problem since its only that specific type of mobs as compared to neon kami.

alot of times i find more caveman and lizardman mobs than dino mob itself. ive tried killing those bird dino on top of jungle tree top canopy but 0 drop.

as for spider mobs till this day devs never officially say does all spider types regardless of biome drop the frag or just specific fae spider.
    could fix it to be same as neon kami all mobs from that biome will drop the frag instead of just that few specific mobs.

lastly is phoenix feather be considered as dragon frag too? probably not but the farming concept is the same so i dont see why its not added into it.

honestly as of late ever since this new way of farming dragons and etc content from months back has been so rng base to the point its so bad that i personally find that when devs release new content / stuffs into the game it is as good as non existence due to how random it takes to get it.

Have to agree with ^. Fasti I would be more apt to spending some more money if these things we were grinding for were still doable. The drops rates need to be increased. I've logged thousands of hours, because I like the game. But it's just getting to be too much. The Drag drop rates for the preserver aren't great, improved I think, but still not great. The starfire is just broken, like that one is broken. It needs to be looked at. When playing, 99% of the people I talk to farm at least 20 dungeons with the most mobs and don't get anything. Make these things we grind for achievable. Right now we are playing a game, some spending money, and getting no return.

+ Reply to Thread