+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Frag Drop Rates Continued

Quote Originally Posted by Thorvik View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree with you here. The point was not to make it so that your bags are overflowing with dragon fragments, but to allow you to better be able to see progress on getting that dragon. On that point I think that they succeeded as intended.

I have not spent hours farming for dragon fragments as other players have, but I have gotten the occasional fragment in my limited game play. I have a sense of progress being made towards being able to craft those dragons. This sense of progress was missing when it was just 5 fragments. With the 5 fragments, it was entirely RNG for if I got a fragment or not. Farming did not seem to help at all as my alt accounts had as much if not more fragments than my main account had on some dragons.
    Have you considered time for you able to craft the dragon? If you means to get 4-5 fragments out of 100 in 1 hour (lucky player) is a good progress, can you calculate how much time you need to get enough 100 fragments? Besides, with 100 fragments, it is entirely RNG too, but I ensure that getting 5 old fragments needed time must less than you getting 100 new fragments, no matter you through farming or accidental drop, especially some "kill mob" dragons. Indeed, the golden vale dragon is a exception.

Like I said, that just a illusion. Made you get single fragment easier, but greatly extended time to collect enough fragments. As the result, that sucks.
    In fact, I still can't get any starfire fragment by farmed 2 weeks ST on dragon day. Turn around to look at that 100 needed amount, it just a kind of depression.

I think that Starfire is the only dragon now that is not practical to farm. Spinner, Kami, Preserver, ... are all doable with hard work on Fridays, not Starfire. Tried 20 long Shadow Tower runs with lots of Elites on a Friday with patron and got 3 fragments out of 100 needed. This is still way to few, so Trion either need to increase the drop rate or add the fragment drops to all Shadow tower mobs!

Quote Originally Posted by FKY View Post
    Have you considered time for you able to craft the dragon? If you means to get 4-5 fragments out of 100 in 1 hour (lucky player) is a good progress, can you calculate how much time you need to get enough 100 fragments? Besides, with 100 fragments, it is entirely RNG too, but I ensure that getting 5 old fragments needed time must less than you getting 100 new fragments, no matter you through farming or accidental drop, especially some "kill mob" dragons. Indeed, the golden vale dragon is a exception.

Like I said, that just a illusion. Made you get single fragment easier, but greatly extended time to collect enough fragments. As the result, that sucks.
    In fact, I still can't get any starfire fragment by farmed 2 weeks ST on dragon day. Turn around to look at that 100 needed amount, it just a kind of depression.
    i feel we will never see eye to eye on this one, but still. the purpose of this was not, to quote thorvik, make the dragons golden-vale-levels easy to obtain, but to give us a sense of progress and by way of that urge us to farm more. imagine this: you farm for 5 hours on friday, and due to bad luck, you fail to get even one fragment during that time (the model for this example is spinner, as those were really hard to get from what i gathered) then you close the game for the day and might feel bad due to having wasted all that time for nothing, further discouraging yourself from more farming, thinking: "its not like i will manage to get it, so why bother? there is flux to make/gems to max." now imagine same scenario, but with current droprates. you farm for 5 hours, and again, you are (very) unlucky and only manage to get 17 fragments (which is actually really unlucky for that time spent on friday, as spinner frags have a pretty decent chance even on off days now). while you still havent dropped enough to equal one fragment from the old sistem, you did in fact make 17% progress towards that dragon, as opposed to the 0% you made with the old sistem. this might then push you to farm on saturday as well, and while you might only get 3-4 in lets say, 2 hours, that is still progress that you see. now you are already on 20%, and so on and so on...
    IGN: FluffyNoibat

Main: Fae <3

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyDemon View Post
    i feel we will never see eye to eye on this one, but still. the purpose of this was not, to quote thorvik, make the dragons golden-vale-levels easy to obtain, but to give us a sense of progress and by way of that urge us to farm more. imagine this: you farm for 5 hours on friday, and due to bad luck, you fail to get even one fragment during that time (the model for this example is spinner, as those were really hard to get from what i gathered) then you close the game for the day and might feel bad due to having wasted all that time for nothing, further discouraging yourself from more farming, thinking: "its not like i will manage to get it, so why bother? there is flux to make/gems to max." now imagine same scenario, but with current droprates. you farm for 5 hours, and again, you are (very) unlucky and only manage to get 17 fragments (which is actually really unlucky for that time spent on friday, as spinner frags have a pretty decent chance even on off days now). while you still havent dropped enough to equal one fragment from the old sistem, you did in fact make 17% progress towards that dragon, as opposed to the 0% you made with the old sistem. this might then push you to farm on saturday as well, and while you might only get 3-4 in lets say, 2 hours, that is still progress that you see. now you are already on 20%, and so on and so on...
    If you are very unlucky fail to get any old fragment through spent very long time, ignored the time, this change really can help you get it 1 by 1 "easier". I have no say on it. Easy getting numbers of fragments will give player sense of progress and made Incentive to let them continue do the farm. I agree with it, but easier to get the fragment does't mean easier to craft the dragon as you need consider the needed amount of fragment.

Getting fragment always is RNG. Old and new fragments alike give sense of progress to player. The sense just depend on your expected value, when you spent time to the reward is not your expected. then how it can urge you to farm more? For your example, you assumed player can't get any old spinner fragment by farm for 5 hours, And you think 17% progress of the new fragment by farm for same 5 hours gives good sense of progress to push you farm more. Because your premise is "nothing vs 17%". why can't you imagine to get at least 1 old fragment in these 5 hours, then the result will be opposed. These are same principle. Also if you can get 17 new fragments in 5 hours, that is very lucky not unluck.

I would say, the old spinner fragment is not too hard to get as you thought. I have this conclusion since base on me and my friends experience, no one get nothing while they farmed so hard. For me, I got my spinner dragon by farmed under 7 hours before the change and dragon day bonus roll out. For my 2 friends, they all got the dragon within 5 hours on friday with patron tho. In fact, there is a chance to get full 5 old fragments to craft the dragon in 5 hours. On the other hand, I can't see any possibility to able to get 100 new fragments of spinner in 5 hours with that change.

The change just transform RNG to time, but player still have a chance to trolled by RNG. Most fragment drop rates were not increased too much compared with the old one. And the amount just increased to 100. That caused it not worth to spend a tons of time. We got a extreme example in game already, The starfire fragment with that horrible drop rate, I don't think it can give any sense of progress to player. Kami, spinner, preserver and bubble still bad too. Thats why I think devs just urge player to unlock dragon via money method instead of urge us to farm more. I'm not talking about make all fragments become golden-vale-levels easy to obtain, just want devs do a balance between drop rate and amount. But the true is they won't going fix it through their live stream said. ffs

Personally I would suggest having a 100% drop chance to drop egg fragment from mob mini-bosses that spawn on the world. It would work great with Kami, Spinner and Preserver egg fragments (and Fiery Feathers please).

Starfire is a harder to deal with. I suggest adding them to the Shadow Caches as uncommon loot.

Spinner Drop Rate

I must say that I loved the drop rate for the Vale Dragon. I do not even mind the endless hunt for the dragons fragments from the sunlight bulbs, and the Infinium. I do not mind working for my fragments. That being said, I have farmed in Fae forest for the last 7 hours and not gotten a single spinner, not one. The rule of variable reward states that you must give the person playing a reward at SOME point, or they will begin to doubt your sincerity in the promise that said item will drop/be rewarded to you.

Please consider revisiting the spinner drop rate, this is extremely disheartening. I mean, really,,, I might have hoped to have gotten 1 or 2 by now? Considering that I need 100. <sigh>

Please look into it, and I do not even want to discuss the fragments from the Shadow Towers. I would consider them total myths if i had not gotten a fragment a week ago.

Yes, I know, you do not want us burning through content too fast. I heard you guys mention that on the live twitch broadcasts. But, I find this an invidiously sneaky way to time gate us. At least let us make some progress, or else we will go do something more productive and fun, like bang our heads against the wall,,, repeatedly. That at least is less expensive in time and money for many of us.

I truly love this game and play it quite a bit. The Dragon shards seem to be the big sticking point. The summer event is fixing the other issue,,, dragon coins..

OH, one thing, is there a way to lock my hat/face/weapon? I have accidentally switched them out several times with random looted stuff. At least once, my stellar, 8 pearl item,, has gone AWOL totally. It would be most handy if I could protect my worn gear,, my ring too, come to think of it.

Thank you again for anything you can to do smooth out the drop rates in accordance with stated drop rates...

Enchante,, the bewildered and aggravated.

meanwhile on dragon bonus day , the 3wild dragons which have 100%drop rate gets 2x and 3x the fragment if u have patron. which mean easily you get 10 and 15frag for one wild dragon which actually is alot easier to get compare to that set of rng dragon frag.

also farming on dragon bonus day when you really focus on farming it. its not sooo bad but atleast some tiny bit of progress. getting 2-4 frags in 1-3hour without patron but thats just neon kami since its easier compare to dino and spider.could say maybe within 1-3mths time frame of farming could atleast get some of the dragon done.
    which reminds me way back not sure is it devs or fasti said before, the dragon frag wasnt made intended to constant farm as it will tire players gameplay but instead its by a passing grind that you get along the way. well look at what we have to do now ; )

This “update” was a development “trick” drop rates are still as low as before. You just need more of them. Take 8 hours to get 1 frag. But takes 8 hours to get 20 frags” would take the same time. Also the dev team does not actually test there own game... that’s why they don’t know it takes over 40,000 st runs to possibly get 1 frag.
    IGN: MrWaffleFries
    Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/mrwafflefries
    Lvl 20 Classes: Shadow Hunter, Fae Trickster, Dracolyte, Ice Sage, Gunslinger, Tomb Raiser, Candy Barbarian, Boomeranger,
    NOT lvl 20: Pirate Captain, Neon Ninja, Knight

Mastery Rank: 198
    Active Buyer: StarterPack - Lunar Lancer Pack - PowerPack - NecrofancyPack - ToTheNinesPack - 60DayPatronPass = $100
    Invite Code: 3KCDC6TYZCQ3LENZYHGX

Quoted from the 6 July 2018 devs live stream Q&A notes
    Q: Please can you look into the starfire fragment drops? It feels broken and non existent.
    A: We did check it, they drop but they are just rare.
    I finally got 1 starfire fragment accidental yesterday so I need 99 more with that "rare" only. I wish I could get full 100 fragments before trove close down.

I'm in a big active club of end game players who grind towers, and i think maybe a handful of people have got a single starfire drop. If they upped the drop rate for Starfire by 20x and the rate is still this awful, then it must have been absolutely terrible before, like Ganda levels of rare. I can feel the increased drop rate for the others changed to the 100 frags system, but Starfire might as well be unchanged.

+ Reply to Thread