+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Geode: farming Crystals

Geode: farming Crystals

I have two problems atm, called metamatter and crystals.
    I need a ton of crystals to craft all the new stuff and i allways empty with metamatters
    someone told me that i only need a Loadstar and Luminous Reliquary to become 100% chance for metamatter. my crystallogy skill is at 250, i can craft the Loadstars but 1250 crystals each are hard too.

Luminous Reliquary cost 4000 crystals and atm i need a few hours to collect them from lesser crystal caches and crystal lairs.

Then is saw a post here that there are tons of hidden crystals in crystal lairs.
    My thumper is at level 4 and yes sometime he reveals a few hidden crystals but iam far away from tons of crystals

In the discription of crystals you can read " ....found on Geode in caves and INSIDE CAVE WALLS"
    but iam sure i never found any hidden crystals in cave walls the last days.

can anyone explane me where the tons of crystals are ?

When I've farmed a bunch of tier 1 and 2 lairs so far about 1/4 of the time they were abundant in crystals and yellow crystals. But I'm not sure I've stumbled across any other places that happen to have them even with blowing up all the explosive plants then throwing down thumper.
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 17/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

not to sure about hidden crystals however hatching and deconstructing the new pets gives crystal....anywhere from 200 to 1500 depending on pet at common level.....the rare I looted was 10k crystal(bad stats)....on top of which I threw about 50 crystal pins and wound up with 30k from those (#p2w)....there not to hard to come by really its jus a matter of farming the right things id suggest caches for a chance at pins and eggs (build accelerates) I can find a few per cave if i actually look (only did this once) otherwise i usually get 1 or 2 by luck.

i also have an problem with the lesser caches i think.
    my rocketboots are too fast they are level 4 or 5 now and i can fly nearly unlimited in level 1 dungeons.

if i support a critter with food or what ever he need and run away to early i dont become the lesser cache.
    sometimes they come with "airmail" sometimes not.
    i dont like that situation.

your gas is limited but you have to stay an wait, wait, wait while gas is running out

Quote Originally Posted by Mayestic View Post
    saw a post here that there are tons of hidden crystals in crystal lairs.
    My thumper is at level 4 and yes sometime he reveals a few hidden crystals but iam far away from tons of crystals

can anyone explane me where the tons of crystals are ?
    skip all big room generation crystal lairs, to comb all nooks solo...
    Glowing Orb T1 - 691 (16min)
    Multi-Level paths T1 - 632 (22min)

There's three I look for (in moonglow), Top-HighCeiling, Sideways-Uturn, Bottom-PondPit that aren't large rooms
    Top t1 - 885 (8 min)
    Top t3 - 714 (5 min) (this kinda sucks why upgrade the thumper if t2-t3 resources aren't buffed?)
    Bottom t1 - 920 (6min)
    Bottom t1 - 748 (6min)

Suggestion for making crystals a bit easier to earn.

Okay right to the point but here is a small suggestion because honestly the best way of earning crystals is either hours of grinding or crystal pinatas. So here is my small suggestion. As the tiers go up maybe the amount of crystals you earn per crystal goes up 1 as well.. so if you were grinding in tier 2 you would earn 2 crystal per crystal you get. and so on for all the tiers

This is just a small idea and I would like to know what you all think?

Would this be a good idea or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    skip all big room generation crystal lairs, to comb all nooks solo...
    Glowing Orb T1 - 691 (16min)
    Multi-Level paths T1 - 632 (22min)

There's three I look for (in moonglow), Top-HighCeiling, Sideways-Uturn, Bottom-PondPit that aren't large rooms
    Top t1 - 885 (8 min)
    Top t3 - 714 (5 min) (this kinda sucks why upgrade the thumper if t2-t3 resources aren't buffed?)
    Bottom t1 - 920 (6min)
    Bottom t1 - 748 (6min)
    thx i will check level 1 moonglow
    most times i only find crystal lairs in level 3+ (bad luck?)

I want a skill or something similar to attract crystals to me

Quote Originally Posted by Medont View Post
    I want a skill or something similar to attract crystals to me
    I suspect the only reason this isn't a thing is because some of the higher up bonuses gives you energy boost for every crystal collected. Would be nice to have a pet that had a crystal vacuum though.

increasing number of crystals gathered based on Teir sounds pretty awesome though. I normally skip the individual ones in the tunnels, knowing I can get more out of rooms.
    Knight : 22/7.6 Guns : 18/5.9 Fae : 30/8.9 Draco : 30/10.8 Neon : 20/7.9 Barb : 20/6.8 Sage : 19/6.6 Hunt : 30/8.6 Pirate : 30/12.4 Boom : 30/15.2 Tomb : 30/13.8 Lunar : 17/6.9 Rev :17/6.6 Chloro : 30/18.5 Dino : 17/7.2 Vang : 0/0

yeah a lootpet like we have in other asia grinding games would be nice

i have the bonus and get 20 energy per crystal. its okay and make it easier to pick up all crystals in t4/t5 crystallairs.

if i use the hook my companion often block the sight and my aura on my hat is also a problem.

+ Reply to Thread