+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Metamatter needs fixing

I agree metamatter is rather time gated and there simply to slow you down. They don't want you done in a week, unless you chuck your wallet at the screen, and would like to keep you grinding/playing as long as they can.

As to crystals, I just rehome any companions I get that I have no interest in using (I just keep hold of my rare Qubrix). Seems a very easy way to get 20k+ crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by Brayer View Post
    I agree metamatter is rather time gated and there simply to slow you down. They don't want you done in a week, unless you chuck your wallet at the screen, and would like to keep you grinding/playing as long as they can.

As to crystals, I just rehome any companions I get that I have no interest in using (I just keep hold of my rare Qubrix). Seems a very easy way to get 20k+ crystals.
    Wait...how are you getting 20k+ crystals from using the home finder??? I get 200 for 1. Are you telling me you incubated 100 eggs, hatched them already, and then "rehomed" 100 companions?

Quote Originally Posted by kanamit View Post
    Wait...how are you getting 20k+ crystals from using the home finder??? I get 200 for 1. Are you telling me you incubated 100 eggs, hatched them already, and then "rehomed" 100 companions?
    I have hatched and rehomed a fair few
    The uncommon and rare loot for a bit more than 200 (can't remember the exact amounts)

I think the problem are the crystals.
    Seriously, with crystals you get metamatter, but to get enought crystals to get the relicary+lodestar is painfully slow...

Some people get tons of crystals, but thats because they have tons of flux or p2w to get a lot of pinatas and do closed pinata parties with others that have pinatas too, who doesn't have pinatas can't join.

The crystal farming is really boring and slow, even trying to get only crystals lairs using the thumper, it's still really slow, and the worst, ITS REALLY BORING! REALLY, REALLY BORING!!!

I can't take it, seriously, its too slow pace for me, in and out those same caves walking like a slug, the hook lagging and you can't use it properly many times, it fails over and over again cause of lag, many times you can't reach your destination and you fall, and fall, and fall, and get pulled back and etc...

You get the point, its pure frustation.

Make crystal easier to get anyhow, i know devs have plenty of ideas of how to do it. Just please, DO!
    IGN: Etherbl || /joinworld Etherion Temple

Omni 9 gas 7 boots 5 n 5 thumper 2 boots 5 in a few days.

I sell materials and join x10 pins with market bought pins. I've thrown 100 pins so far and been around 800 plus.
    I've only been in geode since launch.
    I always need something to advance.

I think they nailed geode and I'm very happy atm with everything.

My big worry is not crystal or metamater , it's how am I ever going to get all the rare companions.
    It was crystals till i started hosting pin party's.
    X80 pin is about 5k crystals.

It sounds like it comes down to the upgrade decisions you make. If you make certain upgrade decisions early you enjoy a relatively easy time in the expansion and if you make the wrong decisions you have a relatively hard time in the expansion. The problem is... 1. There is no warning about this, or explanation about how it's going to work. In the beginning meta matter seems to fall from the sky like manna so you have no reason to believe it will dry up significantly, so you make decisions based on this mis-conception. and 2. There is no way to correct the error once you have found it. Since loadstones require a Tier 3 resource, if you didn't upgrade your gas to let you into Tier 3 then the ONLY way to get met-matter is to keep buying Reliquaries and praying to the RNG Gods, or buy Tier 3 items with flux (currently at highly inflated prices due to supply and demand.)

Trion should either A: Make it clearer which upgrade path they should follow (Make it impossible to upgrade ANYTHING else until Gas and Omni tool can get you to T3. or B: Make it possible to get meta matter easier until you upgrade your Gas and Omni-tool to T3 (which someone will exploit by upgrading everything else first... so that wont really work) or let someone start Geode over... Like let them agree to lose all progress and just try again once you learn the error of your ways... because that will still be faster and more enjoyable then hoping for a good reliquary.

I agree that the quest line should force you to upgrade omni and gas to you being able to mine in t3.
    Without question this needs to be addressed as people can get stuck.

So topic, metamater.
    Not a issue at all. Just picked up 150 crystal pins after rewards came out pretty cheap at 15k per.
    This should net me 60-70K crystals at least best case 75-80k crystals.
    That's minimum 30 metamater to 70 at best in 1 day.

Can we close this debate now?

To all the people mentioning crystal pinatas as a reason that metamatter does not need changing, I personally disagree. A lot.

When Geode was released, it seemed that the whole point of it, as stated by the devs, was to be something that was detached from the main gameplay of Trove. It was supposed to be new, a fresh start for old players who had become fed up with the standard monotonous dungeon grinding.

Unfortunately, the fact that people can just buy crystal pinatas means that, once again, those who were powerful before Geode still get a head start as they have far easier access to materials that other players will struggle to obtain. Despite the devs' intentions, Geode continues to widen the gap between powerful and weak players, which is now almost impossible to close. So in my opinion, crystal pinatas should not be the only decent way to get crystals. They should be readily available to every player who is willing to put in time and grind them (but not as much time as is currently required, it's ridiculous at the moment.)

On another note, I really want some kind of reply from the devs to this thread. They've replied to issues such as the problem of eggs, yet they seem to be ignoring what is clearly seen as the most important issue on the forums so far, considering how much attention the issue has gathered.
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerDj View Post
    To all the people mentioning crystal pinatas as a reason that metamatter does not need changing, I personally disagree. A lot.

When Geode was released, it seemed that the whole point of it, as stated by the devs, was to be something that was detached from the main gameplay of Trove. It was supposed to be new, a fresh start for old players who had become fed up with the standard monotonous dungeon grinding.

Unfortunately, the fact that people can just buy crystal pinatas means that, once again, those who were powerful before Geode still get a head start as they have far easier access to materials that other players will struggle to obtain. Despite the devs' intentions, Geode continues to widen the gap between powerful and weak players, which is now almost impossible to close. So in my opinion, crystal pinatas should not be the only decent way to get crystals. They should be readily available to every player who is willing to put in time and grind them (but not as much time as is currently required, it's ridiculous at the moment.)

On another note, I really want some kind of reply from the devs to this thread. They've replied to issues such as the problem of eggs, yet they seem to be ignoring what is clearly seen as the most important issue on the forums so far, considering how much attention the issue has gathered.
    Agreed I find it extremely shortsighted that the solution is to just buy it all out. If it was a magical solution, then there wouldn't be such a supply of crystal pins apart from 200 credits ea because everyone needs more than they get... Unless we're all meant to drop $100 to just get going...

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrettyOne View Post
    I agree that the quest line should force you to upgrade omni and gas to you being able to mine in t3.
    Without question this needs to be addressed as people can get stuck.

So topic, metamater.
    Not a issue at all. Just picked up 150 crystal pins after rewards came out pretty cheap at 15k per.
    This should net me 60-70K crystals at least best case 75-80k crystals.
    That's minimum 30 metamater to 70 at best in 1 day.

Can we close this debate now?
    15k per x 150 Pins = 2.25 Million Flux... SIMPLE! Sure we can end the debate... EVERYONE has 2 and a quarter million flux just eating up space in our bags... if only we had a sync for that. LOL.

It's like the Occupy Wall street... the 1% doesn't understand that some of us struggle to make 15k Flux ... and then still have stuff we have to BUY with that money like gem augments, and Mastery increasing junk etc.

To badly quote Marie Antoinette ... "Let them buy Pintas."

+ Reply to Thread