+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Metamatter needs fixing

Dont craft metamatter directly.

It is better to use reliquary sold by Thundros.
    And only 4k crystal one (luminous) with loadstar. That way you're guaranteed to get multiple mettamatter.

Opened two so far and received 3 and 5 metamatter from them (dont know what loot table is for those reliqs).

Even if you get lower amount (3) it is still 5250 crystals for 3 metamatter - so 1750 crystals per one metamatter.

Only drawback is that loadstar requries some other t3 materials too, but it is easier to farm then large amount of crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooi View Post
    Dont craft metamatter directly.
    And only 4k crystal one (luminous) with loadstar. That way you're guaranteed to get multiple mettamatter.

I'm geode mastery lv 35, no packs, could amend this to Sep 25th, a tuesday, 91 days instead

Now I guess the only thing left to do is find the most efficient method, I do crystal lairs w/ a thumper but I haven't kept any lap times for acquiring 5250 crystals yet, or real data on opening a large sample of L.relis.

Banned
    Metamater does not need any fix.

I'm very happy with everything ATM.
    You can focus on any one thing and go get it pretty easy.
    Get your crafting up to 250 and level your equipment as needed.

The quest line gives enough to get you started.
    Now that being said if you mess up on what you build first you are in for a long road to fix your error.

Crystals are the only slow down here and I feel they are the only real hard grind.
    On the right lair you can pick up 1000 plus crystals but even at that rate it's not enough to go fast in progression.
    I'd like to see after all the pins from the leader board are thrown though before I say crystals need a buff.

Used a lodestar on a 4k crystal reliq which states it has 100% chance of metamatter, got ancient gears... Worth noting that I manually waited for the timer to end if it's a bug.

Still I might just give up, it's too frustrating even with you know what. Also crystal lairs seem a little hit and miss to me. Sometimes thumper doesn't reveal much or the gems are over too wide of a distance mid air that it's just a pain.

I both agree and disagree. Its weird being in the middle like that.

During the PTS two things happened to me. The first was I had problems transferring over my data so I was initially testign as a brand new lvl 1 noob, and at some point I broke my reliquary quest so I couldn't get the free ones any more. Total progress wall and I was struggling extremely hard and hated the randomness of the reliquary.

I ended up having to reset (they fixed the problem later) and properly got my main character into Test and did it all again with no problems and had a great time in progression.

On one hand, yes. The engagement of Geode entirely relies on how you get the Metamatter and how often. Running out of supply before you get to T3 zones SUCKS. I've been watching my spouse struggling because he got excited and boosted his shield and N-charge not even realizing his gas and omni tool would improve if he invested into them, he didnt think it was a big deal until the first time he got to T3 with me and died instantly, whereas I'd played Test and knew to up Gas and Omni first.

Except he doesn't hate it. He absolutely loves that he has a long term stretch goal to work towards. (Maybe because he works a job with a graveyard shift, so he's time gated like everyone else and can actually compete with all day grinders on the leader boards because of it.)

This is also only his third day of playing. I'll get back to you on how he feels after about a week when he screwed up his start.

My main thought however, is that they could've made the Accelerator and Lodestar Cash Shop only items and they didnt. Yes, you get some from the packs, but they didnt make them EXCLUSIVE to the cash shop like a ****ton of other games would have. True, Crystal drops from e chests have been reduce from the Test realm, but Test realms are ALWAYS exorbitantly high in currencies because the content needs to be cleared in a very short time frame to find late game bugs and such. I wasnt expecting high values from the start.

Technically the only real time gate is the crystals, since you can craft pretty much every other aspect of this content without touching the cash shop if you are so inclined that way, and the majority of the resources are tradable and sellable on the auction house. (Personally I went for the $10 credit pack, $50 is too rich for my blood at the moment.)

I've also been teaching people how to use the Thumper properly. You dont just use the Thumper in a Crystal room ONCE and leave. No no, you need to drop it multiple times and depending on the room, some of the best resources show up on the ceiling. So far I have encountered three entirely different crystal rooms that have given me back different amounts of crystals.

The one with the least amount seems to be a small room that just loops back on itself. I only get about 400 out of that room when properly thumped. However theres a MUCH larger room you can thump and after showing off and explaining to some folks, I had one of my newbies announce they got 2k after sweeping it. The largest room can be recognized by a bridge that goes out over the middle of the room and leads to nothing. If you thump the bridge itself, 9 times out of 10, the underside is littered with the 15 crystal items. I ended up with 200 crystals just from the underside of the bridge and I hadnt finished exploring the walls or the bottom of the room yet.

Right now I feel like this is the least RNG content update they've ever done and I'm pretty comfortable with it.
    Knight : 22/7.6 Guns : 18/5.9 Fae : 30/8.9 Draco : 30/10.8 Neon : 20/7.9 Barb : 20/6.8 Sage : 19/6.6 Hunt : 30/8.6 Pirate : 30/12.4 Boom : 30/15.2 Tomb : 30/13.8 Lunar : 17/6.9 Rev :17/6.6 Chloro : 30/18.5 Dino : 17/7.2 Vang : 0/0

just one sampling, tomorrow I'll do two lairs, or two junctions of lairs, to get a sense of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandibles View Post
    ...I've also been teaching people how to use the Thumper properly.
    The largest room can be recognized by a bridge that goes out over the middle of the room and leads to nothing. If you thump the bridge itself, 9 times out of 10, the underside is littered with the 15 crystal items. I ended up with 200 crystals just from the underside of the bridge and I hadnt finished exploring the walls or the bottom of the room yet...
    I believe the golden ones are very likely randomized either just in general or between just the hidden ones. I picked apart three seperate GreenOrb lairs myself only leaving gold ones behind and exact spots between lairs weren't reused so we may not be able to predict where a pocket of them might be. I may stick to the small generated maps where thumper use goes a long way instead of playing go fish in the large empty ones.

Seriously, you want to get top equip in only one week after the patch?

The only wrong thing is reward of crystal lairs are almost the same across t1-t2-t3
    Free Class Coin for Mastery Below 20 - Refer-A-Friend Code

Quote Originally Posted by whoops View Post

The only wrong thing is reward of crystal lairs are almost the same across t1-t2-t3
    To be honest, when Geode launched, my first thought was "Wow, I actually have a chance to get into these leaderboards!" I stayed in the top 1000, but I quickly stopped and have now given up on Geode almost entirely. I don't want to get top mastery in one week. I just want to get... something... a sense of progression, actual upgrades, an update that doesn't just consist of forced grinding.

To me, crystals right now feel a lot like plasmium felt before it got buffed. Just like plasmium, crystals are a resource that's involved in nearly every aspect of crafting, yet actually obtaining crystals feels inefficient and grindy. So, just like Heroes, it's a single resource that brings down the entire update and makes people angry.
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by whoops View Post

No, people want smoother curves to upgrade paths. But hey, at least people who p2w have managed to unlock everything.

+ Reply to Thread