+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Metamatter needs fixing

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrettyOne View Post
    It's balanced very well, sorry you don't think so.
    Can I ask what level your tools are in geode?
    Maybe I can offer you advice..
    I would certainly like some advice.
    How long would it take to upgrade all geode modules from 1 to 10, WITHOUT buying ANYTHING in the market.
    ONLY farming for myself.

How many of each resource does it take, and about how many hours of farming a day, again WITHOUT buying anything off the market.

**edit, one more constraint. Solo play, without others around. No alt accounts either.

Quote Originally Posted by High5 View Post
    How long would it take to upgrade all geode modules from 1 to 10... ONLY farming for myself.
    I could take a stab at this...

I'm guessing it's a 4k reli+lodestar every day until phase 2, so that's maybe 60min times 75 days remaining, 75hrs in crystals
    If we can get 300~500 ore in groups of 4, 75~125 quirkstone in 30ish minutes... 75 days remaining, 9,300 quirk.. 37.2~62 hrs in quirkstone
    Plant lairs can be nice, maybe 40/90 kelp/birds per lair.. maybe 3 lairs per 30ish minutes... 75 days.. 2480 kelp/birds.. 4.6+10.3 hrs in birds/kelp
    89.9hrs + (37.2~62)hrs for mining, 127.1~151.9 / 75 days, 1.7~2 hrs a day for reliquiries (meta)

Lump Module costs..
    63,900 Crystals, 5250/hr.. 12.2 hours
    43,020 T3+Ores, 150~250/hr, 172.1~286.8 hrs
    1,760 Sparse Plants (Drops|Dew/Kelp/Bark/Wallflower), 240/hr, 7.3hrs
    1,970 Dense Plants (Moss/Sap|Bird/Cog/Build/Heart/Queen), 540/hr, 3.6hrs

(89.9+12.2+7.3+3.6) 113 hrs + 209.3~348.8hrs (37.2~62+172.1~286.8), or 322.3~461.8hrs / 75 days, 4.3~6.2hrs per day total.
    2/3rd~3/4th of the time is mining.

.. imgur uploading is broke atm so I can't show why I think phase 2 happens in 75 days. I also figured in ppl having the meta tome.. didn't figure in the mastery reliquiries though.

In my own opinion

I have pretty much stopped even bothering with geode. With the scaling, and the availability of crystals, the fact they aren't trad-able, and many other reasons. I have sworn off even going to geode for the most part. I can't see wasting my time in a world that doesn't really have much to offer outside of itself. Especially when I can use that same amount of time and go on to play in the original world and do so much more. Not only that, I can not justify investing extensive amounts of time NOR money into a single world that doesn't offer really anything outside of itself.

Until meta matter, lodes, or crystals are able to either be traded, or cost less. I will not really be wasting my time in geode.

Side note: To those who will sit here and debate and argue what I had to say? Just remember, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Nice lair generation, 7 of 8 were small ones

We could compare # of lairs / duration but the lair generation skews that kind of comparison. June-30 had 8/11 lairs generate as Large. 10/12 on July-2 were Large. 4/8 were Large from the test done earlier today.

... If I exlcude the crystal lairs and the time I got lost for both July-12's.. 730s / 17 lairs vs 577s / 12 lairs, 43s vs 48s avg per non-crystal lair. Not too big of a concern.

However if we look back at the other two, July-2 (2 junctions) 1721 / 22, 78s per non-crystal lair, and June-30 945/16, 59 seconds per non-crystal lair. We can see that indeed it was better to goto a new map after the 1st junction until we could use rocket boots efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    I could take a stab at this...
    Snip
    Thanks, appreciated. I will have to digest those numbers.
    Just looking at the hours I have thru steam (which doesn't even count glyph launcher), and how long I have played, it seems like a huge amount of hours more to even try and get thru this update.
    I looked forward to playing this mode, but the grind is a mountain.
    I am sure people who paid to skip don't see that amount of grind, which is why they see no problem with it. Totally understand why they don't want it adjusted (despite a load of posts asking for devs to look into this) because it means that want the rest of us to deal with bad droprates as they skipped that grind.

Farming for months in advance to get past the grind really isn't playing Geode. Reminds me of those who grind for credit pouches to unlock starfire as its faster than farming for starfire itself. Low/bad drop rates are just that, which needs some adjustment.

Saddens me to see that the advice is 'pay for materials to get thru geode' rather than 'play it and have fun, the rates aren't bad'.
    BR was fun though. The coin rates there (not the tome) felt it was an acceptable rate for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    The (90*6.7) + (6*(3*4.7)) isrelated to the bond crafting cost via alts, 4.7K worth of flux per Bond crafted.

The (90*6.7) + (6*(3*15)) is buying the bonds for flux, 15K flux per bond.
    Besides bond, you need also resources to upgrade a companion. That's what I mean
    Free Class Coin for Mastery Below 20 - Refer-A-Friend Code

Quote Originally Posted by whoops View Post
    Besides bond, you need also resources to upgrade a companion. That's what I mean
    Ah I see, between Birds and Bark the range is 170~350 ea atm, * 40, 6.8K~14K flux value there I didn't factor in per companion. I felt the amount was so low not to include it but it is substantial when added up. 40 of xyz resource could mean a whole or half plant lair per companion.

I think "Quirkstone" was cut and instead a lot of " Lunarium"?

Banned
    A group of 4 people who can hit t3. In 30 min you can easily pick up 100k in sellable items.
    T4 group 150k t5 200k in items.
    Trade or sell these things for one's you need to upgrade.
    Got 1000 quirk, trade it for 1000 buildrite or sell it for pins if you need crystals.

I'm very sorry that I totally disagree that you can't with knowledge and effort very easily finish geode before u10.

That being said if you still need to work on trove items you may find that you can't keep up with people spending 100 percent of the time in geode.
    Everything in geode can be sold, traded or bought with flux.
    Geode other then companions is a return on time put in as it's not rng based. It's about working smart not luck like groves rng.
    I love the geode model over the trove model as I like to get paid by the hour not cross my fingers that Dd mount will drop after 400 trys.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrettyOne View Post
    Geode other then companions is a return on time put in as it's not rng based. It's about working smart not luck like groves rng.
    I love the geode model over the trove model as I like to get paid by the hour not cross my fingers that Dd mount will drop after 400 trys.
    Apart from getting crystal pinatas. Apart from the rng of lairs where you may not get needed crystal lairs. Apart from as you say, the companions where even if you do get uncommons or rares, they may be dupes. Apart from the fact that builderite and ancient gears seem to be designed to be obtained at least partially from reliqs, but the chances are just atrocious. You seem to cherry pick your experience and want to give trion credit while ignoring everything that makes this module bad.

PS You do get paid each shadow tower run farming that DD mount. They're called shadow caches. Also geode materials will drop like a truck in a few weeks. If people want to "buy before u10", that's their time.

+ Reply to Thread