+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Metamatter needs fixing

Hammered away at the time gate on pts

Did I get another spell of 2 uncommons and 30 uncommons? Yes [four times], but it wasn't the total picture.

let's take another look at eggs vs pins - 1.3m accelerite vs 1.3m of pinatas
    12K is the current price for crystal pins, 108 pins.
    72,275 crystals from a pin party + potion vs 110,500 crystals from eggs?
    Winner has to be eggs, as long as you don't use loadstars.

30 eggs every hr.. ((110.5K / 237) * 30), 13,987 crystals per hour? hmm.
    forgot the cost of bonds, again, I'll edit that in later. Gap will be smaller between pins and eggs.

This topic did de-rail so far from its original thematic since some people say: Pay millions of flux and everything is fine.

Maybe, but only maybe, we should put the light from an angle where not each player has million of flux in this game and also has not an income of million of flux?

I agree, that metamatter is no problem, if you just have enough flux. But what to do when you don't have flux or are a new player or simply have your focus in Geode instead of Geode and Trove?

Quote Originally Posted by HolyAlexanderNULL View Post
    This topic did de-rail so far from its original thematic since some people say: Pay millions of flux and everything is fine.

Maybe, but only maybe, we should put the light from an angle where not each player has million of flux in this game and also has not an income of million of flux?

I agree, that metamatter is no problem, if you just have enough flux. But what to do when you don't have flux or are a new player or simply have your focus in Geode instead of Geode and Trove?
    Gas > Thumbler > Rocket Boots = Crystals

Next patch:
    Reduced the time it takes for cave critters to reward the player with Lesser Crystal Caches by approximately 75%.

The +50% Crystal Gathering Potion now increases Crystal drops by 50% from Crystal Pinatas, Lesser and Greater Crystal Caches.
    --------------

Opening of eggs is a creepy random, which requires a large amount of flux and give a very small amount of crystals.
    I opened 500 eggs for 100 and got 7,000 - 12,000 crystals that's ridiculous.

Since I'm 8/8c, 7/8u, 2/8r on live, I also wanted to know my chances at getting rares for the next two months. Looks like it's broken or too insignificant to use lodestars on bonze eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyAlexanderNULL View Post
    I did a lesser crystal caches run on PTS, 34 minutes running to each critter, a handful of critters wouldn't give up their caches but the ones that did get were 97. Which gave 433 crystals. 433 crystals / 2040 seconds, 0.212 crystals per second. A +crystal potion wont fix how crummy that is.

190 gleam 19 kelp and 19 day drop for (100) of a kit, (190*6)+(19*90)+(19*10), 3040 flux value for roughly 446 crystals or.. about 6.8 flux per crystal. Pin's being 26.9|17.8 flux per crystal (12K / 446|669).

Tbh my prpblem in heode is more cristals then metametter since u need insane crystals for metameeter and each day in geode barly gives u enough crystal for higher craft.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerDj View Post
    So when Geode released, I completed the main questline, really enjoyed the update, and about half an hour after finishing the quest, i got completely and utterly bored. Why? Because of metamatter.

Metamatter is one of the most important materials in the entirety of Geode, since it's involved in every single upgrade for every single module. Therefore, your progress in Geode is very heavily dependant on how much metamatter you can get and how quickly you can get it.

I enjoyed the main questline because it constantly provides you with reliquaries so you can get metamatter and upgrade modules at a steady rate, but I now find myself with zero metamatter and zero motivation to go get some.

Metamatter is far too expensive. To directly craft the material, you need several hundred different types of plants as well as over 7000 crystals, which is absolutely absurd. You can also buy reliquaries from Thundros, however these are not only blatantly timewalled, but they don't even guarantee you'll get metamatter! And of course, they may only give you very measly amounts of metamatter anyway. The extremely limited amount of metamatter you can get is the sole reason I've already pretty much given up on Geode.

The problem of metamatter is also linked with the difficulty of getting crystals. As said previously, the recipes to directly craft metamatter require several thousand crystals, and currently, the only way to get reliquaries is also through crystals. Considering how much crystals were nerfed since Geode was on PTS, it's now extremely grindy if you want to reliably get metamatter. If crystal drops were greatly increased, or the prices for metamatter-related items were greatly decreased, it might become bearable.

I can think of multiple ways to solve the problem. Firstly, severely reduce the crafting cost for metamatter, so that players have a reliable way to obtain it if they're up to a small grind. Secondly, make Thundros' reliquaries only give metamatter, and give higher amounts. They don't need to give other materials; those can actually be grinded reliably. And finally, I think there should be some kind of daily adventure that gives you a reliquary token. I mean, considering you only ever get one token at the moment, it makes sense to me that there should be ways to get more.
    Here's a tip: if you buy a reliquary worth 3k Crystal's and use a lodestar, it guarantees metamatter.

Quote Originally Posted by Khryz View Post
    Here's a tip: if you buy a reliquary worth 3k Crystal's and use a lodestar, it guarantees metamatter.
    Isn't the top reliquary 4k crystals? And while it 'supposedly' guarantees metamatter, I have crafted the top reliquary, used a lodestar, and pulled... wallflowers out of it.
    Not sure if it is bugged for me or not, but I have used lodestars on every reliquary.

Quote Originally Posted by High5 View Post
    Isn't the top reliquary 4k crystals? And while it 'supposedly' guarantees metamatter, I have crafted the top reliquary, used a lodestar, and pulled... wallflowers out of it.
    Not sure if it is bugged for me or not, but I have used lodestars on every reliquary.
    It is 4k and I too was sure that I got ancient gears from a reliq using a lode star. It only happened the once though.

+ Reply to Thread