+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Metamatter needs fixing

Friday the 13th. 10/12 were Large lairs.

Much luck, very duration, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrettyOne View Post
    A group of 4 people who can hit t3. In 30 min you can easily pick up 100k in sellable items.
    T4 group 150k t5 200k in items.
    Trade or sell these things for one's you need to upgrade.
    Got 1000 quirk, trade it for 1000 buildrite or sell it for pins if you need crystals.

I'm very sorry that I totally disagree that you can't with knowledge and effort very easily finish geode before u10.

That being said if you still need to work on trove items you may find that you can't keep up with people spending 100 percent of the time in geode.
    Everything in geode can be sold, traded or bought with flux.
    Geode other then companions is a return on time put in as it's not rng based. It's about working smart not luck like groves rng.
    I love the geode model over the trove model as I like to get paid by the hour not cross my fingers that Dd mount will drop after 400 trys.
    I thought you were going to give some advice how to make the grind better/faster.
    There are no groups I play with. Which is one of the constraints I have. SoloSwag.

Don't be sorry that you disagree, its your view on Geode and I can respect that.
    The thing that I dislike, is that the bulk of geode is 'buy items to get thru it'.

I wanted gameplay. Not the 'pay to skip', which is the common theme I am hearing.

Had you gone T1-T5 solo, that would have shown me that the grind is reasonable. However, spending 10 million flux, in a group that spent 35 million flux I am just not doing.

It is similar to saying that fragment dragons are easy to get, because effigies.
    Paying to skip is really not fun to me, not when I am after content that I can grind out myself.

So me and Chrono came up with an idea for getting metamatter more reliably. Basically, every day, you'd be able to accept a quest from Amberine. The quest would be to complete 5 geode adventures, and when you complete the quest, you get a token to redeem for a reliquary. This daily reliquary would let players reliably get some metamatter without having to tediously grind crystals, but would still retain the long-term nature that the devs want Geode to have.
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerDj View Post
    Basically, every day, you'd be able to accept a quest from Amberine. The quest would be to complete 5 geode adventures, and when you complete the quest, you get a token to redeem for a reliquary. This daily reliquary would let players reliably get some metamatter without having to tediously grind crystals, but would still retain the long-term nature that the devs want Geode to have.
    Great idea! That would give everyone an incentive to venture into Geode in nice, bite-sized chunks. This would also eliminate any issues with stuck players who might have spend metamatter poorly.
    Woo, husband of AJo | Mastery: 570+ | President of Garden of Wool | Alpha - Knight Supporter

But then you have the issue the developers said on the livestream yesterday - "we consume new content too quickly".

Geode is NOT a "two weeks and done" thing. Sure, I've just got to T5 today for the first time, mainly because since Tuesday I've been filling my boots with the Golden Ticket chests, but the method is easy. I've done this solo, and frankly it isn't hard, just time consuming and frustrating. If they were to go the route of just giving away metamatter in the form of a daily reliquary reward, it would have to be something on the lines of the Sentience Shard rate, because I feel, and I'm shocked I'm saying this, is that it's fine. I've managed just fine, not sinking hundreds of thousands of flux into the market, 95% self gathered (aside a handful of pin parties and buying builderite today). It's balanced enough to make people play it thoroughly.

Don't forget the other "wise" words of the developers on the livestream - we aren't using these cave modules in U10, we don't get a "leg up" anymore, so frankly, unless the T5 mats get used to upgrade stellar equipment into the new tier, and be used to craft the new tier of rings, then there is no point to Geode aside a small Trove Mastery gain. How annoyed will you be over complaining over metamatter when it becomes on the verge of useless?

Sure, metamatter has a bigger part to play for sure down the line, but I'm not even sure the devs know the direction they are taking this anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJackySparra View Post
    But then you have the issue the developers said on the livestream yesterday - "we consume new content too quickly".
    Geode is NOT a "two weeks and done" thing. ...
    ... unless the T5 mats get used to upgrade stellar equipment into the new tier, and be used to craft the new tier of rings, then there is no point to Geode aside a small Trove Mastery gain.

that's 1950 mastery left on, [my], the table, over 7 dragons worth to walk away from. A daily token reliquiry would keep you on track to unlocking it all at a steady pace inline with their release history.

I would say it's of high probablity that T3+ materials would be required for crafting in the future. Say, when Geode phase 1 is no longer current or two updates behind.. how bad would you feel for those who joined Trove to find out.. oh yeah there's this content with a large stash of mastery but uh.. no one else plays it so good luck finding anything in the market or groups to mine with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    I would say it's of high probablity that T3+ materials would be required for crafting in the future. ...
    I take that back, the materials crafted in Heroes weren't carried forward so I'm not so sure it's a sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJackySparra View Post
    They shouldn't be blaming us for consuming content too quickly. It's the devs' fault for not giving us enough content. I mean think about it, what can you really get out of Geode? You upgrade your modules, which allows you to go deeper into the caves, which lets you... upgrade your modules. I mean, once you get your modules to level 10 and have crafted the mounts/costumes (which you don't need to craft since they're cosmetic), that's it. You have no further reason to play Geode. So as a substitute for not having enough content, the devs are just making the stuff that is there WAY too hard to get so you'll be forced to stick around anyway.

Oh, by the way, we're coming up on 100 posts to this thread! Isn't it great that it's been completely ignored by the devs?
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

It does seem to get better, although crystals and ancient gears can still be a pain later on if you can't find the lairs, or you get poor lairs that don't reveal much and you need to cover a larger area (lower tiers are particularly bad). I'm still adamant that post golden thread is still a terrible experience to get to t5. Sure they may have wanted it to take a while, but when things are artificially gated instead of having a real content grind, it just feels absolutely terrible. We also have someone posting a thread about not getting metamatter from the trap reliqs. I'm so glad that I upgraded my omni tool with the gas exploit, because I can't imagine spreading my metamatter across gas while earning terrible crystals from t3 caves. Even then I was part of a fair share of pin parties. I've maxed my gas and omni tool and frankly there doesn't seem anything else to do. Yes you still have to upgrade your modules and craft missing stuff, but I've seen and mined everything. There's nothing else to really engage with. It's true that the same goes for regular pve which does need new content, but it's still more engaging fighting monsters than constant mining. Geode sure as hell wouldn't last the 2 years that u9 has no matter how grindy they made it.

I think trion could have done better and that won't happen if they only listen to facts they want to hear.

+ Reply to Thread