+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Metamatter needs fixing

Quote Originally Posted by Dohep View Post
    You know there’s another way other then crystal pins or crystal caves,, it’s called gamble with bronze eggs open like 50 or a hundred at a time and try to get uncommon or rare and then those uncommon or rare level to level 3 and you will profit In crystals

Ps ovb. You need a few thousand to gamble but it’s a good method
    Uh.. four posts above suggested otherwise, but yeah it's a quick method to pay to open eggs and recoup most of the crystals.. maybe profit if you're lucky, but I'd like to see some other people open '50 to 100' eggs when my set took 6.7K flux per egg.. we're talking '335K to 670K' flux value of materials people are not disclosing.

If you're farming the materials yourself, which no one is, that is also time not being disclosed. (50|100) * 5 * 50, 12,500~25,000 gleam isn't being farmed by one person or the community, it's provided by crystal pins.

UPDATED (changed math and conclusion, poster below pointed out flaw)
    Two posts above say they buy other peoples crystal bonds to level those companions, which is another thing costing flux that was not disclosed, 15K per, 3 per uncommon is 45K.. is it slightly better than crystal pins? Let's go off of my singular samples...

8/8 (50) pin party might net you 24.8K crystals, (50*19K), 950K flux value
    this is the price they were on monday, 16K ea reflects the current market
    Then subtract the Day Drops|Geam, (1424|13464) * 7, 104K flux value
    about 34.1 Flux per crystal
    about 28 Flux per crystal in todays market

let's go with (90) eggs..
    90/30, 3.. * 2, (6) uncommons (84) commons,
    (90*6.7) + (6*(3*15)), 603+270, 873K Flux value
    or (90*6.7) + (6*(3*4.7)), 603+84.6, 687.6K Flux value by using alts to craft Bonds
    (84 * 200) 16,800 + ((6*4500)-(6*750)) (27,000 - 4500) 22500, 39,300 crystal
    (80 * 90 * 5), 36,000 crystals in accelerite, (39300 - 36000) 3,300 crystal
    or 264.54 Flux per crystal
    or 208.36 Flux per crystal by using alts to craft Bonds

So crystal pins are the way to go, if you're privilaged enough to pay your way through this content. If anyone wants to provide their egg counts w/ the number of uncommons and rares they got.. by all means pm me and we can get a more accurate picture. Otherwise egg farming seems like an expensive way to hammer through the timegate.

UPDATE
    Crystal lair farming? maybe 5.25K crystals every 80 minutes, it doesn't hold a candle to, theoretical, 32.1K crystals in about the same time frame.
    *If you've invested in upgrading gas/shield barrier to lv 10

Disclosure: I'm still holding 320 crystal pins but I may not yet have the metamatter to get barrier 10 to do this egg farming

ThePrettyOne I only don't use lodestars because I don't have the needed mats to craft them, and also, I'm guessing that the 10 meta keeps the same drop rate and that it's very rare, but the drop rates of everything else, lode or not makes it very rare no matter what.
    Howdy folks, my PSN is Oddbaum21, the jolly good owner of Darkfire, that apparently has a "fascination" with caps lock. Its not a fascination, more of an obsession. So yeah, if you want an inv to Darkfire, just PSN message me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    This picture is cute but leaves alot unanswered, does it account for travel time between lairs? does it assume every single lair you come across is a crystal one? 80 minutes for 5k crystals could quickly turn into 4-5 hours.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Mastery: 87,316 | Total Power Rank: 340,562 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Gem Rerolling Issue | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 699 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    This picture is cute but leaves alot unanswered...
    The individual duration (which includes transversing the cave system) was listed to compare big lairs to small lairs. Near the top right the total lair duration was 70 minutes but the total run with loadscreens included was 79 minutes. Above that it says 1st lair or junction of lairs, meaning I went to a new map after that point.

my rocket boots at the time weren't as leveled as they are now, I could take another look now that I have practically infinite ncharge for t1&t2 with level 8 rocket boots.

I have another run that goes through the first two lairs or junction of lairs, to see if the time between lairs is worth traveling or not.. which I have not yet filled out a template for

I feel my sample size will be too short, some days I find 4 small crystal lairs in a row as the 1st lair.

I have 4 level 10 rest are level 6 tool
    All common all uncommon 2 rare companions
    all f2p

No mounts etc at all the extra stuff is now my goal.

Yes I play more then average but I have a 50 hour week job so not on all day..
    Metamatter is just fine...

The game I think is misleading in how it just gives you a bunch of metamatter in the beginning but then you hit a brick wall. Since I thought metamatter would at least not be super rare (as I was getting a bunch in the beginning) I used some upgrading things I wish I hadn't. Word of advice: When starting Geode ONLY upgrade the laser and gas and NOTHING else or else you are SCREWED.

Pls let me refer you kthx
    Code: XP7LYQ2M929GH66XZEJH

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrettyOne View Post
    I have 4 level 10 rest are level 6 tool
    All common all uncommon 2 rare companions
    all f2p

No mounts etc at all the extra stuff is now my goal.

Yes I play more then average but I have a 50 hour week job so not on all day..
    Metamatter is just fine...

You don't have to repeat the same thing 10 times over... You forgot about the crystal pins you bought on the market.

Although i don't play that much during the week, i think that the metamatter could be a little bit easier to get. It's not THAT bad though imo. But of course it could be more accesible and, as players suggested above, the quests could have been better and explain a little bit more about the Lodestars so that people wouldn't loose the metamatters from the Mastery Reliquaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    (80 * 90), 7,200 crystals in accelerite
    If i'm not wrong...
    You need 5 accelerite per egg, so its 36k
    Also I did not see flux for resources to upgrade
    Free Class Coin for Mastery Below 20 - Refer-A-Friend Code

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari36 View Post
    You don't have to repeat the same thing 10 times over... You forgot about the crystal pins you bought on the market.

Although i don't play that much during the week, i think that the metamatter could be a little bit easier to get. It's not THAT bad though imo. But of course it could be more accesible and, as players suggested above, the quests could have been better and explain a little bit more about the Lodestars so that people wouldn't loose the metamatters from the Mastery Reliquaries.
    Because I still think there's enough metamatter progression even now that my last 2 upgrades need x10 each.
    Just bought another 100 pins from the market yesterday... with my quirk,buildrite etc sales...
    It's balanced very well, sorry you don't think so.
    Can I ask what level your tools are in geode?
    Maybe I can offer you advice..

Quote Originally Posted by whoops View Post
    If i'm not wrong...
    You need 5 accelerite per egg, so its 36k
    Also I did not see flux for resources to upgrade
    You are correct, thanks for pointing out that overlooked line, that 32K figure was nagging me.

The (90*6.7) + (6*(3*4.7)) isrelated to the bond crafting cost via alts, 4.7K worth of flux per Bond crafted.

The (90*6.7) + (6*(3*15)) is buying the bonds for flux, 15K flux per bond.

I reformatted the previous 5250 crystal run and added two more separate runs
    Also corrected Avg. Crystals/s math

Is it more understandable this way? I plan to run through all T1&T2 lairs.. after the rampage chall pokes its head out today.

Disclosure: I changed my habit of claw&boots to just use boots, the '-15ncharge claw cost' companion changed my mind...
    ... or that companion is bugged? +10ncharge crystals seem like they give more than that.. really need a UI mod that gives us real numbers ..

..faded blue highlights this difference. The total claw cost is roughly equivalent to 9~12 seconds of flight time (qubrik/jelotl) with my current setup

+ Reply to Thread