+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 87

  Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Silver and Gold Eggs

  1. #61
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/310072687?t=36m52s

    Any plans to add companion egg merchant to exchange bronze eggs to silver and gold eggs?

    Silver and gold eggs are designed to be quite rare and we’re not looking to change that in the foreseeable future. We will also look at other ways to give out eggs.
    Guess I have to reiterate on this again. This is simply an unacceptable answer. The fact your player-base continues to raise this issue and you guys still choose to be stubborn about it is outright baffling.





    still missing one:

    There is no justifiable excuse for these results. Not only is this gameplay loop mind-numbingly tedious & time consuming, as I’ve made painfully clear in my previous post, but the entire progression concept doesn't make a lick of sense.

    Statistically speaking, for most players, by the time you’ve collected all the companions, you’ll be long done with the important bits of Geode to really ever take advantage of the rares; skipping over the major design flaw that common companions are actually better within the current meta.

    At which point, this simply becomes a glorified mastery grind that's significantly more aggressive than most other grinds available in the game. Hell, arguably even most dragons, including ascensions, which provides more mastery and of a much greater benefit is realistically more attainable than these rares.

    This needs to be addressed again. Stating that it's designed to be rare, which is fairly obvious by the results, without providing a reason does not address any of the criticisms at hand nor does it make the system immune to scrutiny, just because you claim it's designed that way on purpose.

  2. #62
    The devs are absolutely oblivious to this, and they don't care what you or I think. Which is why I have abandoned this grind, and am no longer buying anything in game. Between this and the dev bullying people who criticize the game on the forums, trying to figure out why I still play.

  3. #63
    Member Gikaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Comply View Post
    This needs to be addressed again. Stating that it's designed to be rare, which is fairly obvious by the results, without providing a reason does not address any of the criticisms at hand nor does it make the system immune to scrutiny, just because you claim it's designed that way on purpose.

    Quote Originally Posted by TroubleInParadise View Post
    The devs are absolutely oblivious to this, and they don't care what you or I think. Which is why I have abandoned this grind, and am no longer buying anything in game. Between this and the dev bullying people who criticize the game on the forums, trying to figure out why I still play.

    I watched an interview of a dev (I guess it was, can not remember rn) with an Nvidia representative. The dev said that most of the players loved Geode and they had really good reviews about it from them. I was like what? really? Haha then you read these opinions and it is a completely whole story. I stopped farming eggs and playing "the companion lottery", tbh I rather save flux for the U10 update to keep wasting time on this.

  4. #64
    Senior Member TheLazyCanadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Shoulder of Q'bthulhu
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by Gikaki View Post
    I watched an interview of a dev (I guess it was, can not remember rn) with an Nvidia representative. The dev said that most of the players loved Geode and they had really good reviews about it from them. I was like what? really? Haha then you read these opinions and it is a completely whole story. I did stopped farming eggs and playing "the companion lottery", tbh I rather save flux for the U10 update to keep wasting time on this.
    wait they actually said that? can you link me the video i really really need to watch it

  5. #65
    Member Gikaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLazyCanadian View Post
    wait they actually said that? can you link me the video i really really need to watch it

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdyTaxnqBW8&t=1s


    At 1:06

  6. #66
    Senior Member TheLazyCanadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Shoulder of Q'bthulhu
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by Gikaki View Post
    wow..i wonder who they are talking about because my friend group all find it incredibly monotonous and heavily rng time gated

  7. #67
    Senior Member Muffie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    206
    Geode is easily the worst and most tedious thing added to this game, they took the underground update that was supposed to happen way before geode's release and went cuckoo for cocoa puffs. The base biomes still have so much unused area for content... but we need more portals...

  8. #68
    Senior Member fruitie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,474
    Even if they do make it less painful, we all know that the pattern will continue with all new content.

  9. #69
    Senior Member Chronozilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,915
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    Even if they do make it less painful, we all know that the pattern will continue with all new content.
    We'll cross that bridge when we get to it, but for now lets focus on the issue at hand.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: TBA | Total Power Rank: TBA | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trove Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 703 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    172
    So I´m slowing progressing through Geode and when upgrading stuff to reach tier 4 I decided to ask my club, with a lot of endgame Geode players: "so in what Tier do you start getting silver and gold eggs?"


    The response was unanimous: "I´ve never seen one"


    That discouraged me a little to keep going...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts