+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Did our Adventurine struggles end?

Did our Adventurine struggles end?

There is a new multi-part adventurine quest prototype in Trove, a sneak peek for an update to Adventurine quests? Let's discuss!

With the 13thJune 2018 there was a new event quest added as usual. But once this quest line is finished, we can see a completelly new feature that has not been in Trove before: An optional quest that can be accepted just like the already existing Adventurine quests from NPCs in clubs or outposts.

But there is this new aspect that goes along this prototype: Once you finished that quest, you automatically get a new quest in the same manner while requesting slightly more materials. After finishing this, too, you get one more quest that once again requires you to get even more materials to finish it, just like a hourly dungeon challenge would do its job - just without time limit here.

The big difference to a normal event quest is: this thing is optional and has a potential to be accepted again. (Though this quest can not be repeated at the moment.)

Now imagine this on a gem quest:
    A gem quest starts with the usual get 5 Gem boxes with the standard reward. Once it is done you automatically get a quest that wants you to farm 40 gem boxes and get propertinal more reward. And once the 40 gem quets is done, you get a get-100-gem-boxes-quest with again more reward.

After farming all 145 boxes, you can now return to your club, grab a new quest and are off again for farming.

If this is really a prototype test for such a system, then Adventurine quests will not only become far more bearable - they might aswell become actually attractive!

What do you think?

A gem quest starts with the usual get 5 Gem boxes with the standard reward. Once it is done you automatically get a quest that wants you to farm 40 gem boxes and get propertinal more reward. And once the 40 gem quets is done, you get a get-100-gem-boxes-quest with again more reward.
    If trove made scaling adventurine quests, that'd be pretty cool. However, the new-ish adventurine potions might make it a little too easy if per-say the above questline gave around 20-50-120 respectively for anyone who can grind alot of hours. But! i do agree that some quests should be auto accepted once completed.

Maybe have some larger adventurine quests that give 150+ adv. that can be done once a day, and have some auto accept repeatable ones that give around 5-15 adv. but have a more grueling task?

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinGun View Post
    If trove made scaling adventurine quests, that'd be pretty cool. However, the new-ish adventurine potions might make it a little too easy if per-say the above questline gave around 20-50-120 respectively for anyone who can grind alot of hours. But! i do agree that some quests should be auto accepted once completed.

Maybe have some larger adventurine quests that give 150+ adv. that can be done once a day, and have some auto accept repeatable ones that give around 5-15 adv. but have a more grueling task?

I think instead of the whole adventurine amount it's the doing the quest without having to go back and accept the next quest. (Which can be implemented for club quests and we can adventure without having to go back and forth)

It just took me 6 hours to grind a 6k adv mount on adv bonus day multiply that by ten for block a grind able dragon should NOT take three full days to aquire I usually hit 70 dungeons an hour when grinding barring horrible rng on world generation the first post makes complete sense since the adv potions are behind a massive time gate/pay wall/ materials sink. If anything trion should just triple the adv rewards or cut all needed adv in half. As it stands players are walking a line of either be greedy and get their mastery and be burnt out or help their club theres really no middle ground that properly equates.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinGun View Post

Umm... Why are you being so stingy on the Adventurine given? Right now I can do a 5 gem box quest and get 78 adventurine from it. If i'm reading your post correctly, your wanting even more effort than that for 5 to 15 adventurine.

And have you looked at the mats required for the adventurine potion. If your willing to grind for those mats. I dont think that getting adventurine is really your problem. IMO the adventurine potion isnt worth the mats needed to make it. and you wont have everyone using them. it will be the exception and not the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ13 View Post
    I think instead of the whole adventurine amount it's the doing the quest without having to go back and accept the next quest. (Which can be implemented for club quests and we can adventure without having to go back and forth)
    ^^^^^ This, Yes this exactly!!! Let it auto renew. we don't need more adventurine or longer quest. just let it auto-renew without having to world switch.

More adventurine please!

The topic is about the fact that Trion did just add a new form of quest into Trove. A form where you can go to one NPC and get a multi-Tiered quest. Once Tier 1 is finished, it starts T2 and after that it starts T3.

It would be necessary to change almost nothing and we could repeat this quest whenever we had finished T3. Then we could accept the quest from the NPC again and start over from T1 etc...

This is not about the fact that our Rowen gives this or that reard. This is irrelevant here. It is relevant that there is an optional quest that we can accept - and by doing so, we get multiple quests at once that fallow eachother.

Just imagine what possibilities this would give and how much stress we can lift from existing adventurine farming!

As mentioned before: Adventurine farming could actually become appealing if this new quest form would replace existing Club Quests.

ganda would be the new PR quest, im down for this. server wide hunt for a ganda hero then off we all go...

+ Reply to Thread