+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Effectiveness of 8 class stack

Effectiveness of 8 class stack

I don't feel like class stacks being viable are a good thing, but that's my opinion so I would like to ask what you think.

A way to reduce the effectiveness of having 8 class stack would be keeping the standard buffs for 1 (150%) 2 (125%) and 3 (100%) damage but also reducing the damage of the class by 10% for every class above 3, making it 4 (90%) 5 (80%) and so on.

It would not be bad for a specific class but would add some variety to the shadow tower teams.

EDIT: Please before replying, I'm NOT suggesting this because of how speedruns are setup, my point is the class picking to standard ST that affect more than the top 100 of the game.

YES DUDE. I've been saying this for a while. GS runs trove atm. All the speed runs are GS. with the random tank, chloro, and PC thrown in there. Everyone gets mad at the idea of nerfing GS, so we will let that be. But the runs should get more players involved, not just the handful of people who chose Gunslinger. Make it so you need many different classes. Totally agree with you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    YES DUDE. I've been saying this for a while. GS runs trove atm. All the speed runs are GS. with the random tank, chloro, and PC thrown in there.
    This is short sightedness, the top meta isn't stacking gunslingers anymore, while you might still be able to get a safe time this way, you need a bunch of different classes to get the number one time in speedruns, sadly news travel slowly to the masses and most people still think gunslinger is the be-all-end-all of speedruns.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: 100,341 | Total Power Rank: 346,429 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Gem Rerolling Issue | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 701 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    This is short sightedness, the top meta isn't stacking gunslingers anymore, while you might still be able to get a safe time this way, you need a bunch of different classes to get the number one time in speedruns, sadly news travel slowly to the masses and most people still think gunslinger is the be-all-end-all of speedruns.
    I guess balance must be fine then if 0.001% of the population have found a way round it.

If the meta is not stacking GS the 10% reduction for duplicates above 3 shouldn't be a problem. And I'm not talking about speed runs only I'm talking about shadow towers in general where people just keep stacking the same classes.

care to enlighten the masses on good strategy then? Because 99% of the population still believes (reasonably so) That a full GS army with tank can beat all others. All ears

Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    care to enlighten the masses on good strategy then?
    I'll be sure to after the revenant rework hits live, that's another powerhouse right there to shake up the meta, no point in explaining a meta that'll only be around for another 10 days.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: 100,341 | Total Power Rank: 346,429 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Gem Rerolling Issue | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 701 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

a mild one class rework. awesome. They need to make a change to how ST works to involve all players of trove. period. enough GS bullying.

I'll be sure to after the revenant rework hits live, that's another powerhouse right there to shake up the meta, no point in explaining a meta that'll only be around for another 10 days.
    If its not going to be relevant then you won't mind letting the masses in on this info and at the same time help destroy the myth that the GS is the be all and end all of SR classes. Or are you worried about others adopting this strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    I guess balance must be fine then if 0.001% of the population have found a way round it.

More like a lot of people are not good enough to figure out them selfs new team setups. Most people are just sheep/followers who follow what works from long time ago and don't think there's better team setups. Also people don't like moving away from their comfort zone, if it still works enough to get into top 100 then they will stick to it, but I've noticed a lot of them changing team setups slightly. I can tell you right now there's around ~8 class's that can speedrun... and another 1 coming (Revenant).

@Hansel
    There's no reason to give out such info to people who don't even speedrun. Plus people who are at the top do not want to show their team strategy to everyone just to have them all use the same team strategy. Figure out your self a better team setup.

People complain about skill in this game yet they all think 7gs 1cb is best and should be nerfed go figure that one out your self :') People gear up GS and then think like 'omg purple name is so easy with GS' and do the 7gs 1cb setup for hours and then wonder why it's not working.

Sorry if I sound a bit annoyed but when people are out of the loop on what's best and are calling for nerfs it just gets to me.

Anyways pFurini idea wouldn't fix anything. If one class can still do no damage it's still not going to be used in speedrun. If for example you want to see ice sage, boomeranger, tomb raiser, knight, shadow hunter, etc... that idea won't help these class's get into speedruns. You need to fix each class it self to fix the problem.

Example what happened with class balance to dracolyte, fae trickster and now Revenant. They are all good class's now ^^ (ice sage is next if I'm not wrong)

Talking about Shadow Hunter I remember how a lot of people were asking for nerfs to shadow hunter long time ago in first months of mantle of power expansion yet it was never that good to begin with. Great example of people asking for nerfs without actually knowing what's actually the best.

+ Reply to Thread