+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it time to come back to trove?

Is it time to come back to trove?

I quit because the "clubworld patch" which i was so hyped for ended up having nothing to do with building. It was a massive let down and I ended up quitting leaving my multi-million block projects unfinished. Has there been ANY positive changes for builders that might convince me to come back? I want to but if the neglect for builders hasn't changed I will keep waiting.
    Unrelated: How's the community doing nowadays? I haven't kept in touch at all
    All i do is build now... Literally!
    If this changes in the near future it will be to play something goofy (Previously DPS revvy before they nerfed vial of unleashed power)
    I flip to make moolah so i don't need to leave my club world for materials

They added led blocks i guess?.

In Geode Update (JUN 26), I heard that Trove will add new 2 mounts for builders. Rocket Drill mount which acts like a flying bulldozer, destroying blocks while gliding in club worlds and Bovine Buildmaster, a mount that acts like Ganda in club worlds, placing blocks in air as you move. The placed block won’t go away. It stays there.

not really what i was hoping to hear but ill check back in on jun 26th to see if there's anything more than just mounts. i think my biggest issues when i quit was placing blocks that would disappear a few seconds later and not being able to choose my time of day for the club (it doesnt sound like it matters but for pixel art it certainly does and themed areas can be a no-go without it depending on the theme)
    If this changes in the near future it will be to play something goofy (Previously DPS revvy before they nerfed vial of unleashed power)

Quote Originally Posted by Anwynn View Post
    not really what i was hoping to hear but ill check back in on jun 26th to see if there's anything more than just mounts. i think my biggest issues when i quit was placing blocks that would disappear a few seconds later and not being able to choose my time of day for the club (it doesnt sound like it matters but for pixel art it certainly does and themed areas can be a no-go without it depending on the theme)
    Disappearing blocks is the builders equivalent of rubber-banding. The client sees you place the block... but the server doesn't get the message, then the server removes the block. Just like if you go forward 10 feet and then the server doesn't see it... the server puts you back 10 feet. Unfortunately this will never be fixed, unless a significant number of players quit, or Trion decides to build the game, from scratch, on a new engine.

There is still nothing that lets you control the time of day in clubs.

The only other thing besides LED blocks are the frameworks that allow you to place pre-built (By the devs) buildings and trees and walls and stuff, but as a creative that isn't what you want.

There is no real specific plans to make any other enhancements other than a few new special effects blocks coming in the new Geode update.

Sorry.

In Geode there will also be VFX blocks added (place them and VFX will spawn such as bubbles or dripping slime), and many new decorations (close to but not quite radiant themed).

Time setting would be nice but isn't happening yet. Server issues are, well, server issues, the devs are occasionally making fixes to reduce problems but they cannot be fully removed with a single fix.
    ~~ IGN: Spirare ~~
    It was supposed to be pronounced rahr, not rare
    ~~ Main class: Dracolyte | Power Rank: 23,088 | Mastery: 425 ~~
    ~~ Clubs: Trove Wikia | | ~~
    ~~ Dragons: 22/40 | 3/3 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Spirare View Post
    In Geode there will also be VFX blocks added (place them and VFX will spawn such as bubbles or dripping slime), and many new decorations (close to but not quite radiant themed).

Time setting would be nice but isn't happening yet. Server issues are, well, server issues, the devs are occasionally making fixes to reduce problems but they cannot be fully removed with a single fix.
    Ya I understand they can't do much about the rubberbanding at this point. VFX blocks could be interesting so i'll have to give it a try.... I'm just really hung up on the time of day thing because it can make building large art projects a pain... sitting and waiting for night time to see how it's turning out before returning to it or vice versa.

Edit: trying to avoid mentioning the can of worms that is the flattener destroying more than it says it does. one step at a time

New VFX blocks, lots of new decorations, LED blocks and i think there's a new mount coming that is like bulldozer but does the opposite, it places blocks for you.

Also Revenant will be much stronger after Geode

+ Reply to Thread