+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ghost players

Ghost players

Hey, I've been experiencing this bug for a few years now but was never able to pinpoint the cause. I recently found a possible explanation.

The bug: Mainly in shadow tower, still twins of players that are in the same ST or were in the same ST before. I dont have a screenshot right now but it would be self-explanatory. Just non moving duplicate of players mainly in the starting room of ST. Can also happen anywhere else in the game, club worlds/hub. Also in a shadow tower which is limited to 8 players you can type / who and sometimes count more than 8 players perhaps 9 or 10 and when it happens there is always names that are duplicates in the list.

When/how it happens: I was recently kicked out of an ST and noticed that my friend's twin was stuck in the hub floor. This is clearly a client-side bug since relogging and joining the same world fixes the problem, also others do not see the twins or ghosts as I call them.

Possible explanation: That event made me think that maybe some portals trashes the world information about other players, like position/state/apearance, but kicking a player or even joining another player while in a shadow tower dosent trash all that info and it is passed on to the next world and the engine keeps rendering them even tho the server isnt updating their info or even sending anything about them.

I hope I'm not the only one experiencing this bug, I'm running trove on very old computers on lowest settings. Anyway if I can get a screenshot soon I'll update my post. Thanks

http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...ighlight=Ghost yeah last I saw post was this one. One person has explained more about it as time has passed. The bug is always at spawn locations of world your in and name is distorted and name shows on /who. They're in one of two position in air on their mount or on ground. Restarting game clears memory from the duplication and faster the world change with a person the more likely it'll generate the bug. If go into another world without clearing the next world the might be in at spawn of too or fixed location. Seems like one of the less harmful bugs at least
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 14/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

That's definitly the same bug that i'm talking about. I think I was not clear enough, I will try to reproduce it and write a step by step process so it can be fixed. It can be quite anoying, I remember while farming ST last year, you can have tens of those ghost in the starting room and considering you are the only one seeing them others don't know what you are talking about and kind of think you are crazy.

+ Reply to Thread