Closed Thread

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: I'm quitting Trove Forums. Goodbye forever everyone :(

Senior Member TheRealBenjiYokai's Avatar

Unhappy I'm quitting Trove Forums. Goodbye forever everyone :(

After almost 10 months of being a forum user, it is time for me to say goodbye. Thank you to those who have supported me and my ideas.

The reason why I am leaving is because the community is toxic and unsupportive. I am not talking about Fasti, the developers, or those who HAVE supported me or other people's ideas. I am talking about the Internet trolls, biased players, and other people who 'junior moderate' because they have high mastery or power rank.

A lot of the PC players shun my and other people's ideas because if the ideas get added to the game, they will have a disadvantage and others will have an advantage. I am not talking about ALL PC/yellow name players, I am mainly talking about the ones who shun ideas.

Take my Lucky Chest idea as an example. While I did get support from a lot of yellow-named PS4 players (thank you qpotential and Suum), a lot of other players did not like my idea because they had a lot of items that they wanted to sell. It's going to break the market! You are only saying that because it will affect you in a bad way. I am not talking about the players who were giving constructive criticism (Console can't have PTS because of the cost of certification and limited updates per month).

Another big problem with the forums is 'junior moderating'. If you do not know what it is, it is when a player (usually a PC user or yellow-named player) tells another community member that they cannot do this or that, or that their idea will not benefit the game. They are only doing that because they feel that the system they use and the color of their name gives them the ability to boss other people around. They know that some ideas are perfectly fine and will actually benefit the game, they just don't want them added because it would give them a disadvantage. They are biased towards their own items and they only care about themselves. You know who I'm talking about. You may deny it all you want, but you know that you are guilty of this. (I am not talking to those that aren't guilty of junior moderating, bias, et cetera)

The thing I do not like most of all with the forums is that it's mainly the mods and ideas created by PC players that get added to the game. I have yet to see an idea made by a console player get added to the game. I hope that the developers reconsider this!

I may come back if things change, and I may get back on from time to time to ask questions for developer livestreams, but do not expect me to create anymore ideas until the community improves. I will also not reply to any comments in this thread, and I am going to lock all of my threads.

I may even make an alternate account and have a fresh start on things again, but that is just an option.

Goodbye, community . The past 10 months have been great. I will miss my online friends, developers, and supporters!
    ##############
    #PSN: Benji_Yokai#
    ##############
    It's pronounced yoh-KAI, not yoh-ki (a common misconception)

If you happen to be reading my posts, I quit Trove
    I will still be lurking on the forums to see if things have changed, I still have hope

Senior Member TheRealBenjiYokai's Avatar
    I just closed my threads. Goodbye forever
    ##############
    #PSN: Benji_Yokai#
    ##############
    It's pronounced yoh-KAI, not yoh-ki (a common misconception)

If you happen to be reading my posts, I quit Trove
    I will still be lurking on the forums to see if things have changed, I still have hope

I just don't see it the same way at all. Sorry to see you go. But if you try and push a bad idea over and over again with out taking others input to update your idea....

They have the same right to not want a idea as you have to have on. You don't respect their position or point of view so you will in turn never win their respect to listen to your point of views.

Such hatred of high PR and mastery players is unhealthy.

Seek help for your persecution complex please.

He doesn’t hate all gold names and high PR players, only the ones that hate change.
    Howdy folks, my PSN is Oddbaum21, the jolly good owner of Darkfire, that apparently has a "fascination" with caps lock. Its not a fascination, more of an obsession. So yeah, if you want an inv to Darkfire, just PSN message me.

6.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #6
    Closing up the thread to avoid feeding the trolls. Sorry to see you go, TheRealBenjiYokai.
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager, Trove
    Follow me on Twitter!

Read our forum rules before posting, please! |Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Found a bug? Follow these steps to report it and we'll fix it ASAP!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Closed Thread