+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is this a good time to get back into Trove?

Is this a good time to get back into Trove?

I've been away from this game for a good 6-7 months now. Left with a 19.9k PR Neon Ninja and a somewhat empty feeling from burning out. Seeing as this game is my most played MMO by a large margin, I'm wondering if now is a good time to reinvest in it. What's changed while I was gone? Is there anything note-worthy being added to the game soon?

I'd recommend waiting for Geode to hit before getting back into it. It adds a mode that's so different, it's basically a different game. It even has its own separate mastery.

I don't know if you'll like the new mode, seeing as it's pretty much just exploration and mining in alien caves with a whole different set of abilities and all combat disabled, but it's definitely note-worthy.

Just wait for Geode update and see for yourself. You don't have to pay a cent to play since it's F2P.

Spelunking is fun. Comparatively, Terraria is a game where you spend a lot of time spelunking and I enjoy that. The difference is I'm rewarded with a stronger character /new exciting weapons in that game. Is the only thing present in Geode as a reward just mastery points?

Goede update is pretty soon followed up by a change in new pvp mode that is easier balanced given there's no real advantages. another thing with geode there is a separate mastery along with more color names.
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 17/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

You have modules you can upgrade with the materials you find in the caves. The modules allow you to explore further, mine faster, etc.

Looked up the post and Fasti mentioned how this is to "prepare us for the oncoming war". Is there a possibility that the stuff we're mining will be important when u10 like comes out?

They've mentioned something like that, but that stuff isn't going to be out with this update.

If you are gonna follow what other say about waiting for Geode, I'd say you should at least log in per monday to do your shadow towers to benefit from the bonus day of triple lunar souls/titan souls and you get the 3 despoiled divinity from ultra dotm.

Well, it's double if you don't have Patron and you only get all 3 despoiled divinity with UM DotM, which the OP is unlikely to get into every week as a 19.9k NN, but yeah. That's probably a good idea.

+ Reply to Thread