+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bomber Royale --- Good or bad?

Senior Member TheRealBenjiYokai's Avatar

Question Bomber Royale --- Good or bad?

If you do not know, a new PVP game mode is coming to Trove on June 26th. It is called 'bomber royale'.
    What do ya'll think about bomber royale?
    My best ideas: None because players are biased
    Follow me on PlayStation Network! My username is Benji_Yokai.
    Owner of I Wanna Be The BUILDERS club!
    Mastery level: 201 (will no longer be updated)
    I main Lunar Lancer as a Tank DPS class.

Thumbs up Verdict: Not good

Me personally, I do not like the idea of Bomber Royale.
    It is a very good and original idea, but based off of PC player's PTS videos, Bomber Royale was executed poorly.
    First, Bomber Royale does not really fit into the 'Battle Royale' category.
    For those of you who do not know what Battle Royale is, Battle Royale is a game genre where players jump from this moving object (usually a flying bus or a plane) and use a glider to fly down to the ground. Then, the players have to look for weapons that are scattered around the map. You do not have your own weapons to bring into battle.
    All while this is going on, there is this 'danger zone' that forms. The danger zone grows bigger and bigger (it encloses the map) so that players are forced to move closer in and engage in battle.
    The last player standing wins.

Bomber Royale has almost none of those mechanics. First, you are in this giant glass box over the map and you have around 15 seconds to move around. Then, the box disappears and you plummet down to the map.
    Then, instead of having to scavenge for weapons, you have a bouncing bomb (when thrown it bounces once then explodes) and a climbing claw (an improved version of the Lunar Lancer's grappling spear). When you use it, it has a cool down. No weapon finding at all.
    There are also power-ups scattered around the map. Some are sticky bombs, others reduce the cool down on your climbing claw and bouncing bomb.
    The goal is to blow up the arena and make your opponents fall into the abyss. Meanwhile, the arena shrinks in size.

In my opinion, Bomber Royale is more of a spleef game (where you destroy the arena and make your opponents fall into the abyss) than it is a battle royale game.
    Another thing I don't like is how the bouncing bomb bounces. This small mechanic will cause games to be much longer.
    Like I said, Bomber Royale is a very good idea but it has been executed poorly. Some changes I suggest are that you have to find the bombs to use them. (the bombs would appear again in a random location when used) Another thing I suggest is to make the bouncing bomb not bounce. We should also have the ability to use our lasers to break blocks in the arena. Also, the Lunar Lancer grappling spear should be buffed to match the Climbing Claw.

One more thing: Before the update, the PS4 version should be PROPERLY tested (A.K.A. give us a PTS) instead of just saying Well, the players on PC PTS are doing fine so let's just go ahead and release it on Xbox and PS4. What could go wrong? and actually give us a Public Test Server. Who remembers the graphical corruption that HEROES brought? And I'm sure that nobody will forget the great Credit Rush of March either! (The developers still have not done a rollback)
    Bomber Royale has 15 players per match. This could cause console to lag out while playing Bomber Royale, and possibly even make the whole Trove game lag. So PLEASE give PS4 a PTS so that we can ensure that the update has ACTUAL testing. Thank you!

Judging by the name, It is inspired by Fortnite's ''Battle Royale''.

I personally hate Fortnite but I think Bomber Royale will be a bit better since it has... Bombs (Don't judge me okay i didn't play it on PTS)

I see myself running and hiding to get the win.... I do not pvp but want the dragon, you will find me in a corner out of the way somewhere waiting for a 1 vs 1....

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrettyOne View Post
    I see myself running and hiding to get the win.... I do not pvp but want the dragon, you will find me in a corner out of the way somewhere waiting for a 1 vs 1....
    Not sure how this will work because there is going to be some fool blowing everything up. But if it works I'll try it

I’m pretty sure that the idea is to blow the ground up and have people fall. At least there isn’t complete unfairness like the current PvP.
    Howdy folks, my PSN is Oddbaum21, the jolly good owner of Darkfire, that apparently has a "fascination" with caps lock. Its not a fascination, more of an obsession. So yeah, if you want an inv to Darkfire, just PSN message me.

Quote Originally Posted by The King Of Darkfire View Post
    I’m pretty sure that the idea is to blow the ground up and have people fall. At least there isn’t complete unfairness like the current PvP.

By unfairness, you mean I learn what works best in pvp and use that to win?
    I find the best character to use and learn the best strat to use... is that unfair to me that you did not put the work in or is it unfair to you that someone had a bit more interest and drive to win?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrettyOne View Post
    By unfairness, you mean I learn what works best in pvp and use that to win?
    I find the best character to use and learn the best strat to use... is that unfair to me that you did not put the work in or is it unfair to you that someone had a bit more interest and drive to win?
    I think that The King of Darkfire meant 'unfairness' as how some classes are powerful and other classes are weak in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by The King Of Darkfire View Post

Bomber Royale isn't unfair (unlike regular PVP) but I still do not see how it is a 'Royale' game.

+ Reply to Thread