+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Contract Building?

Contract Building?

I was curious, do people ever build things for other people in this game in exchange for flux? Are there even a fair number of people who want to pay for someone to build things for them? And if that is the case, what does anyone suggest I do to start?

Contract building is a thing, but it's very risky because it's easy for both people to rip each other off. I don't have experience with it, but I've heard that it's a good idea to take half of the flux up front, so they can't just block you.

One of the ideas I suggested in the past is to have the ability to save your designs in a blueprint/schematic and have a way to automate its construction at the cost of resources. Adding more to that idea, you could sell your blueprints/schematics on the market and people can view a demo of the build before buying it. I doubt there are people smart enough to implement this idea. Easier to make the game more mindlessly grindy to make up for lack of content.
    IGN: Architect
    Referral Code: YNCGF39PMZK2N6HZPJCQ

Arctech, that's a great idea! I would love to do that. It would make contract building less risky and more accessible. Plus, I think it would add onto the game's sandbox feel. I would like for the devs to at least make it so you can report someone who doesn't hold up their end of the bargain, but I know that's not gonna happen because they're technically not breaking any rules.

Honestly, I feel like the game devs need to flesh out the sandbox side of the game more, instead of adding more worlds, more bosses, and more classes. I mean as fun as it can be sometimes, fighting enemies in this game is the same motion regardless of the world tier or character level. Once you've done a shadow tower run and fought in a rampage, you've kind of seen it all, it feels like. Except I haven't gotten to the Shores of Everdark yet, but I'm sure it will be more of the same, and if not, it would be a pleasant surprise.

I don't mind the grind too much because there's other things you can do in the game for fun, if you relax, get creative, and play with a good large group. Grinding can be rewarding at times because you get things you can build with, but lots of people are dissatisfied with it. Plus you still got competition for the sandbox and building side of things with games like Minecraft, Lego Worlds Boundless (Oort Online), PixArk, Scrap Mechanic, etc, but that's all the more reason to expand upon the sandbox side.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctech View Post
    One of the ideas I suggested in the past is to have the ability to save your designs in a blueprint/schematic and have a way to automate its construction at the cost of resources. Adding more to that idea, you could sell your blueprints/schematics on the market and people can view a demo of the build before buying it. I doubt there are people smart enough to implement this idea. Easier to make the game more mindlessly grindy to make up for lack of content.
    While that isn't necessarily a bad idea, it's something that would be way too tough to implement. Just think about a few of the complications. How would you set the size? How would they automate the system that decides what resources are necessary? If that particular thing is done wrong, it could be used to duplicate items like Dragon Crucibles, causing that particular market to crash. And as for putting it on the market, we can't even put up fishing trophies because it can't handle a single float or double determining the weight. This is a million times more data that the market simply cannot store. It would even require a bunch of new UI elements.

And all of this for what? I mean, admittedly, custom frameworks could be pretty useful in some situations, but there isn't particularly high demand for it. This isn't about intellect. This is about whether it would be better for them to invest hundreds of hours of combined work into this or into something more important. This would probably take more work to implement than Bomber Royale did.

The game isn't really set up to have user settable permissions. You would need some sort of master blueprint that would be transferable to others and then would be a one time use for them but you could still make copies of to sell.

A better idea might be a way to package your build. It takes the entire structure and puts it into a single package which you can use elsewhere or transfer to another person. It wouldn't be reproducible like current frameworks, but it would allow you to sell a custom build or even move stuff around. This would also solve the issue of valuable trophies or benches being part of the package as you would not be duplicating anything.

Either way, I just don't see this as something they would add. It's complicated and would likely be prone to serious bugs and exploits that would take a lot of resources to put together.

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Sadly, Trove doesn't really have a foundation for good building. It's way after release and adding such major features could only happen in a very big update, which judging from the content we are served, wouldn't work in the long run for this game according to its developers (and personally I'm in this game more for collecting than for building, so I wouldn't be surprised if builders are minority, at least when it comes to income).

Sky Saga, while still even in alpha, had lots of features that were requested in Trove for years. Tradable custom blueprints, "creative mode" tools, wiring and mechanism blocks... It was the best sandbox so far when it comes to building :/
    I'm not doing building in Trove mostly because there are lots of other things to do and building is too lacking in features to appeal me. Well, if it was tied to mastery somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by INN3R_C4L4M1TY View Post
    While that isn't necessarily a bad idea, it's something that would be way too tough to implement. Just think about a few of the complications. How would you set the size? How would they automate the system that decides what resources are necessary? If that particular thing is done wrong, it could be used to duplicate items like Dragon Crucibles, causing that particular market to crash. And as for putting it on the market, we can't even put up fishing trophies because it can't handle a single float or double determining the weight. This is a million times more data that the market simply cannot store. It would even require a bunch of new UI elements.

And all of this for what? I mean, admittedly, custom frameworks could be pretty useful in some situations, but there isn't particularly high demand for it. This isn't about intellect. This is about whether it would be better for them to invest hundreds of hours of combined work into this or into something more important. This would probably take more work to implement than Bomber Royale did.
    Yet there are mods in Minecraft that do implement this idea (ie. ComputerCraft, BuildCraft, Schematica), and those people don't even get paid. I wonder how much better those mods could've been if they were getting paid. Obviously, certain items would need to be blacklisted from the blueprint/schematics. Computer scientists have to deal with these kind of problems all the time because a tiny mistake can cause a program to crash. Yes, the market design is quite inferior compared to the markets of other games such as Rift and WoW. There doesn't need to be a change in the UI if you limit trading to the trading post.

You wouldn't know the demand for it. I think this idea has a lot of potential demand if done correctly. Of course a certain amount of intellect is required to implement this idea. Also, how fast someone can program plays a role in the amount of time and money it takes to do this. I suggested this idea because I feel it is more important and worth the effort, especially compared to the mindless grinding parts of the game. I cannot say for certain that it is too late to develop the sandbox part of this game.
    IGN: Architect
    Referral Code: YNCGF39PMZK2N6HZPJCQ

Dang, yall making me want to play Minecraft or some other game, right now. I just feel like building in Trove has so much potential because of its focus on collecting new things, and its a damn shame that building and more sandbox elements get treated like an afterthought when you have so many people complaining about the "grind" in the game. I see Trove took after the Terraria school of sandbox building.

Still, it's not like the limits of building in this game has stopped people from building things that they really want to make. It's still a lot of fun.

Also, RIP Sky Saga. That game had too much potential. *sniff* ****in' RIP! D;>

Yeah. It would be really nice to see some more sandbox elements in the game. I do a lot of building and at this point, even particle effects seem like an exciting new feature. I just wish we could build stuff that actually mattered.

In Minecraft, you need to build a house to keep all the monsters out. In Terraria, you need to do that and also build an NPC town that's protected. In Trove, you can build a lot of things, but not one of them actually matters in terms of gameplay.

Fixtures are the only structures that do anything and the game builds those for you. That's the problem with building in Trove. Everything else is just a detail.

+ Reply to Thread