+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Quality of life suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Jexly View Post
    How about portals in the club portal tower that leads to club worlds with exceptional PvP arenas and mini-games?
    given boxes can be still gotten there but since there's so many clubs and pvp maps maybe ports room floor or just put a port in the active ports section around here .Next place maybe would be on the sides of the battle port or just again in the middle around here and have the sword decoration on both sides or something. Just so people can keep making pvp maps and have people come into the club to expand on this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for creating this thread, and to all of you for posting issues! I'll be sure this is in front of the team as we work to plan out that update.
    soon as heard there was a opening for such topic i had to try bring all the suggestions together and have it relevant to now so devs can decide on which to tackle or least have ideas to work on and make trove a bit easier to deal with. that or least generate ideas so the life update would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan View Post
    Ultra hydraken/ dd kills to count for the hard and normal badges, and hard to count for normal. Having to do 300 of EACH difficulty is just monotonous once you can do ultra.

Consumables such as keys not needing to be in your hotbar to use, why not just look at the chest and hold like, e for it to open. If they could just go into a resource inventory and be consumed on use that'd be great.
    with all the grinding i suppose it has generated more chances of trophies and mounts and that people with really high pr burn right through badges. downside i remember bumping into is moon keys and eclipse take same amount of fragments and ended up using some eclipse due to burnt through moon keys. then for keys could maybe have them use the lowest one in inventory and then have to keep checking the tab so remember if have enough keys for the week if do a lot of shadow towers to expand on this for it working maybe. if coding in key automation isn't too much of a hassle

hopefully things work out well enough and if one way won't work maybe a similar idea would.
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 14/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

I doubt this one would get implemented, but a hotkey for swapping between weapons. It's just a burden to switch between a melee weapon and a bow when playing Boomeranger, but I understand if it might be considered OP to switch between stats so fast, though I don't think it would be all that OP, and could make combat more interesting, being able to switch between setups mid-fight to change up strategy a bit.

Maybe make it so that someone can have gear presets that they can swap between via hotkeys. Like I have gear that I use for mining where I try and raise my lasermancy like crazy, but I also have my battle set. It would be useful for everyone and not just the Boomeranger.

Club application bench: if you're in a clubworld and would like to join that club, find this bench and apply for membership. Whoever has club invite privileges will be able to review applications and accept/reject them. Rejected players will have to wait some weeks to try again.

Add some kind of auto-pilot to Rally of Heroes for people who dont want to summon quest-givers every day.

Also it would be nice if it was easier to get bound brilliance and adventurine.
    IGN Kurtwood

Add damage numbers (combat text) to fae's "Faerie dance" (2/ult)
    not sure why it was excluded from start

You know how there's a way to build in a line? I'd love to see a sort of toggle for that so you can choose to either do the line thing or fill the entire area between the start and end point.
    Original:
    [S][X][O][O][O]
    [O][X][X][O][O]
    [O][O][X][X][O]
    [O][O][O][X][X]
    [O][O][O][O][E]
    [O][O][O][O][O]

New toggleable:
    [S][X][X][X][X]
    [X][X][X][X][X]
    [X][X][X][X][X]
    [X][X][X][X][X]
    [X][X][X][X][E]
    [O][O][O][O][O]

Quote Originally Posted by Jexly View Post
    I doubt this one would get implemented, but a hotkey for swapping between weapons. It's just a burden to switch between a melee weapon and a bow when playing Boomeranger, but I understand if it might be considered OP to switch between stats so fast, though I don't think it would be all that OP, and could make combat more interesting, being able to switch between setups mid-fight to change up strategy a bit.

Maybe make it so that someone can have gear presets that they can swap between via hotkeys. Like I have gear that I use for mining where I try and raise my lasermancy like crazy, but I also have my battle set. It would be useful for everyone and not just the Boomeranger.
    We have been asking for this since the Boomer came out. This would be a great QOL improvement.

I think I'll probably have to send multiple posts so I can say everything that could be better in the game, since I'm trying to get other people's ideas to add them here as well, if I think they're plausible. So, here's the first round! :3

- I wish the Shadow Tower Bosses trophies stacked. I'm a collector and it's really hard to get like 30 of these trophies without having to empty my inventory to do so (and I have all 3 bags completely unlocked).

- I wish there was a better way to build things while in game. You've invented the Rocket Boots so we could do many things while in Geode, but what about building in clubs? Just so we can compare this, let's talk about the Minecraft Creative mode. While in that mode, we can fly around while building. This makes building higher structures a lot more easier. We can be floating around and keep building without falling down. This would make a huge difference while building, for bigger builders (and for smaller ones as well).

- I wish there was an entire inventory tab just for PRIMAL BLOCKS. These are a big part of building, and having your inventory full of primal and other necessary blocks is kinda hard. Even more when you're going on different worlds and exploding everything in your way with blocks, you get full loads os stacks and you keep getting more and more blocks, and in the end this can become a really bad thing. You either delete everything from your inventory, or you get them to put them on a chest or simply sell them off. If there was a place where you could stack them with no caps, it would be a lot better.

- In accordance to Snowenn:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowenn View Post
    * I'd love to not have to go back to a club world to retake an adventure quest. It really breaks up the farming, especially when disconnects often happen when switching worlds.
    I wish we could just click on a button to retake an adventure quest. I can't see the adventage in having to go back to the club world just to click on the NPC and then go back to the world we were in before.

- I wish we could change the order of the clubs we're in, so we can determine which ones will be our /c1, /c2, /c3 etc.. We could do that before the Heroes update, but we don't have that ability anymore. With that, came a lot of changes that make everything a lot more difficult to us. I wish we could click on each of the clubs we're in and see all the information of that club, just like we see it in our primary club. I can't see my other clubs logs, XP, etc. in any place, but I'm STILL a part of that club. Why can't we see that? Just because it isn't our primary club?
    Also, it's really REALLY bad for us (who have the right to kick members in our clubs) that we have to edit the members list, then click on the person's name and choose the "Kick" option. You can EASILY missclick and add the person's name to the officers list, for an example. Other than that, whenever you need to kick lost of people, you have to do this whole proccess again and again, since whenever you kick someone, the list is "locked up" and you have to click on "Edit members" AGAIN... It's really bad when we need to kick more than 1 player, and it would be an awesome thing if you could fix this <3 (maybe just adding an "X" button right next to the person's name would be better :3)

- I wish I could see my own icon on the map above of all the other people's icons. It's really hard to see where I'm going with the map right now, since my own icon is always beneath everybody else's.

- It would be good to have a better way to find the items we want to use on the third inventory tab. I mean, if we want to get the stellar forged souls (to sell or trade them), we need to go all the way down so we can get it. Can't we have some kind of search bar for that in addition? Other than that, a friend of mine who plays on the PS4 asked me to add here that their way of getting to see those items is really bad, since they don't have a way to scroll down to the item they want to see. If you could add a way so they could "scroll" up and down the list of items, that would be a great thing too.

That's it for now, I'll probably have more things to say after this <3

I would love if we could have a shortcut key and/or a button to easily access the Favorites section of our Collections.
    IGN: Shane

Something I think would be a great greeeat improvement for both the players and the servers would be improving the Shadow Towers flow. I mean, right now we have to go from world to world just to advance on ROOMS. Why not make it so different floors have all of the rooms in the same world, including the Boss Room? This could be done with the purple portals mechanic, or even better, you spawn in a corridor where you have to defeat mini bosses in each of the rooms, and you have to defeat the first one in order to face the second, defeat the second to face the third, and defeat the third to face the Shadow Boss.

This would be a great thing because people wouldn't have to go through world portals in order to finish an ST, so they wouldn't be susceptible to be Assigned to World/As:Login/World:Login/Lost Connection every time they try to do an ST. And even better, there would be fewer worlds opened in game, maybe improving server quality for everybody? I really think this could be a great change. Let's see how everybody else feels about this :3

---

As I said before, I gathered some information a few friends and people from the community think. For those who doesn't speak english, I got their suggestions and translated them (sometimes adding my own thoughts) to put them here. So...
    Some people suggested:

- Adding a countdown of the amount of jumps left for us. Some of my friends complained that we can't remember the amount of jumps we have in each of our classes, so it would be a lot better if we had some countdown on screen for us to know when we'll have no more jumps. They suggested a number somewhere on the screen (maybe next to the hotbar, so it doesn't take too much space). I thought of having a different VFX that would count the jumps down, and maybe an option on the game's settings so we can choose if we want that to happen or not.

- Adding a countdown of the amount of items you have in the inventory, without having to open it up. This would be a lot better for people who farm a lot to know if they need to empty their inventories without having to stop a lot to see their invs or not noticing they have a full inv before finding an item they really want (like a stellar, for example).

- Adding different settings to the game, where the player could choose every single aspect and UI that would appear on screen. They could even choose if they want the hotbar to be shown or not. This would be done individually, for each of UIs. I feel like this topic should be target of a much in depth discussion, but I think there could be a lot of different aspects we could do with this that would be great for the players.

- Adding a way of automatically opening up all of the boxes we get in game. Some times, we have more than 1000 boxes and it's exhausting to open one by one. There are MOD's which successfully, as far as I know, do this and help many players. But even if people use that MOD on PC, people on Consoles can't use it and it's even worse for them, as some of them told me. It would be nice to have that in a better and oficial way in game.

- Adding a "night mode" to the screen in game, so we could see all the UIs in a darker mode. Some people complain having all these different UIs shown on screen is too much, so they think this would be a nice touch to make things a little better to them.

- As Summer Haas said before:
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer Haas View Post
    Shopping cart in the store which allows you to adjust quantities for some items and the ability to check out once.
    So, someone asked for a better way of choosing how much of an item we want to buy while in the Store. It's pretty exhausting to have to click to buy the same amount over and over again when we want to buy, like, 20 times the amount the game gives us inicially.

- Adding a scroll function for choosing which item slot on Character Sheet (and for the Gems as well), and maybe the same scroll function for choosing which number of the construction tab we want to use to build, without having to press the number on the keyboard (Maybe scrolling while pressing another button? Like ctrl or shift).

- Adding an option on the settings menu to set a controller up, so people who like using their console controllers would be able to set them in game. :3

Keep menus open when hitting movement keys. It would be convenient to be able to manage your inventory and move to the next dungeon simultaneously.
    ~~ IGN: Spirare ~~
    It was supposed to be pronounced rahr, not rayr
    ~~ Main classes: Dracolyte/Vanguardian | Power Rank: 23,455/23,139 | Total Mastery: 539 ~~
    ~~ Clubs: Trove Wikia | | ~~
    ~~ Dragons: 10/17 | 20/31 | 3/3 ~~

+ Reply to Thread