+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Quality of life suggestions

More build hotkeys would be nice i think, I dont know why it stops at 8 but it's not enough, particularly for music (A B C D E F G + instrument + rail + normal block for silence needs 10 keys, which fits if it's 1234567890)

Increase the cap on holding adventure quests.
    IGN Halcy Proud Laezarian

*shamelessly*

Can you please add a club info board? It would be a separate tab on the club menu, to the left of members, and would have tabs detailing various things about the club.

So a club might have an events tab that members could check regularly to see if there are any parties coming up, a rules tab for the club's rules, and a general info tab for key club information.

I know this is a little big for a quality of life change, but I'd say UI stuff counts as QoL. I just feel like there's something fundamentally wrong with the idea that if you want all the info on a club, you need to install Discord and join their server.

Can you add a social setting that puts you in rampage chat during rampages, then removes you from it when you either complete the whole thing or time runs out?

I'd like to see a better way to do Invites.

Specifically with Rampage events the chat screen rips by so fast because everyone is chatting "Inv please". By the time I get into the chat window then right-click a name it has flown by. In fact even clicking a single name, no matter who, is hard because the list moves so fast. In addition, while you are messing with trying to invite people you can't contribute to the DPS on the Gigastormer.

What about some type of semi-transparent HUD element that points the direction to the next closest lair/dungeon? When you are trying to speed grind dungeons sometimes the compass bar is misleading as you can't tell which of the lair/dungeon icons you should go to next. The map can also be confusing because North is always up so if you are heading South on the map and there is a lair on map-left that means you need to turn right to get to it.

Is it possible to SH-proof pinatas? Players having the ability to see pins through walls kind of ruins the point of hiding them...

Banned
    Timers on potion buffs would be great. It always extremely irritating to see the shded part of the box be like 1/2 way full, then to zone and your pot is gone with you none the wiser of the time left unless you track it manually.

Proposed club transit portal revamp

Seems like there's at least a little bit of interest in seeing the club transit portals improved upon.

Quote Originally Posted by XxJoExX0 View Post
    more tranzit portals? having a huge club an this will help.
    Quote Originally Posted by INN3R_C4L4M1TY View Post
    Right now, we have to use a workaround to make functional portal systems in our clubs. I'm ok with that, but it sucks that any secret you hide behind a portal can be accessed by spamming E.

I have 2 small suggestions that could make transit portals more secure.

1. Add an exit only portal of each color to the Runecrafting bench. These portals would be completely identical to normal portals, but interacting with them wouldn't do anything. That way, if you make each return portal exit only, you can have a system where people can't enter the exit to go somewhere they aren't supposed to go.

2. Add a portal placing permission to the club menu. That way, lower ranking members can't mess up your systems.
    I'd like to propose this list of suggestions for how to add more functionality to these transit portals, in three separate parts. Granted this is more of a feature request than a quality of life suggestion, but I think having a better transit portal system would make it easier for clubs to have a transit system that works for their needs and that's enough in my mind to make it qualify as a QoL suggestion.

1) By far my biggest request: Add a transit portal for each of the four colors that goes backwards in the list of placed portals for that color. Being able to go to the previous portal in the list could enable much more interesting transit systems utilizing two-way portals to take you between two spots on the map.

2) Add a transit portal for each of the four colors that returns you to the first portal in the list. This would be useful as a means for several portals to lead to one location such as a central hub or a starting point.

3) As INN3R_C4L4M1TY has suggested, add a version of the transit portal for each of the four colors that serves as an "exit" point, and can't be interacted with to go to any other portals. This would be useful as a way to prevent people from taking portals that aren't intended to be accessed from one side.

----

There are other things I'd also like to see, such as a way to whitelist specific people to build on specific plots of club land (similar to how I can /zonerestrict those plots to specific member ranks based on their permissions, but to allow individuals regardless of the zonerestrict level). Could say I've really got member building islands on my mind right now. But that is likely to be a far-off dream...so I'd prefer to see the club portals get this revamp first. :P

+ Reply to Thread