Thread: [suggestion] blocktron to be changed to the 100 fragment sistem as well

[suggestion] blocktron to be changed to the 100 fragment sistem as well

i havent found any mention of it in any of the patch notes, so here it is. i see no reason to keep blocktron, and im guessing the new clubit dragon that is coming with geode (forgot its name) on 5 fragment sistem when all the others will be going over to the 100 fragment sistem. again, this change would do nothing in terms of the actual price, just give us the always wonderful sense of progression.
    IGN: FluffyNoibat

Main: Fae <3

Does it matter? Besides buying 100 frags would be a pain, at that point you may as well buy a dormant blocktron egg, which tbh probably would have made more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    Does it matter? Besides buying 100 frags would be a pain, at that point you may as well buy a dormant blocktron egg, which tbh probably would have made more sense.
    Buying 100 frags @ 600 adventurine might feel more comfortable than 5 frags at 12,000. Personally, I think this is a good idea. And of course, existing frags should loot collect into 20 of the new frags.

Quote Originally Posted by Awestacular View Post
    Buying 100 frags @ 600 adventurine might feel more comfortable than 5 frags at 12,000. Personally, I think this is a good idea. And of course, existing frags should loot collect into 20 of the new frags.
    But you'd be pressing a button 100 times and it has no use other than getting the dragon. It would be unnecessary.

But you'd be pressing a button 100 times and it has no use other than getting the dragon. It would be unnecessary.
    Simple solution to this could be a buy in bulk feature similar to what they have in the store.

ie Frag x 1 = 600 adventurine, Frag x 10 = 6000 adventurine etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Soxerino View Post
    Simple solution to this could be a buy in bulk feature similar to what they have in the store.

ie Frag x 1 = 600 adventurine, Frag x 10 = 6000 adventurine etc etc
    But we'd be looking for a problem that doesn't currently exist... It's also not like ALL other dragons are consistent. Fishing dragon needs 5 frags, block dragon needs 4 or 5 eggs, candy, pirate and deep sea dragons need 50 frags. Though like I say, there's not any need for the fragments in the first place since you only get the fragments from the travelling merchant and the only use of those fragments is to make the dragon...

Systems should be consistent. If we're going to a 100 frag system, we should go to a 100 frag system.

As for having to press a button 100x, that's just silly. you can get at best 1`frag per day with the current system, and only hard grinders are doing that. 600 per frag is much more approachable, and let's be fair- if you can manage to pull 12000 adventurine per day, you already know how to press a button 100x.

Quote Originally Posted by Awestacular View Post
    Systems should be consistent. If we're going to a 100 frag system, we should go to a 100 frag system.

As for having to press a button 100x, that's just silly. you can get at best 1`frag per day with the current system, and only hard grinders are doing that. 600 per frag is much more approachable, and let's be fair- if you can manage to pull 12000 adventurine per day, you already know how to press a button 100x.
    Why would you buy fragments before you need 100? You're just taking up inventory space for no purpose. Of course it doesn't matter too much, but I honestly don't get why you would want to change the system into something more cumbersome. Either they should keep the same system if they don't want to bother, or they should just give a buyout of a dormant egg instead. The ones changing to 100 fragments are done so to make it feel more progressive as you're making more constant progress than the massive rng variance of getting a fragment with only 5 fragments at a slower rate. It's a positive change overall. A side effect is that it will also give people a little more flux income. Here it's more of a pain while it's not entirely consistent because there's still a fair amount of dragons that don't follow that rule. I forgot to mention that azulian also uses 40 souls.

The ones changing to 100 fragments are done so to make it feel more progressive as you're making more constant progress than the massive rng variance of getting a fragment with only 5 fragments at a slower rate. It's a positive change overall.
    while i cant deny that blocktron doesnt involve any kind of rng and you do make steady progress towards it with every quest you do, its all about the feel that 5 really expensive and 100 really cheap fragments give off. as you said it yourself, the change to 100 frag sistem was made so that we can have a clearer image of our progression, which in turn stimulates us to farm more for it. its the same with this.

personally, i would be more inclined to do quests every day if, at the end of lets say, an hour of farming, i could buy myself a fragment and store it away with others. eventually they would pile up and i would then probably focus on it even more, getting 5-6 frags per day, till i got the dragon. its just a personal opinion, but this is what i fell about the blocktron, which imo is one of the hardest to get just because i need to fucus on doing quests the most optimal way, not like killing enemies, which are kinda nice, since you just shut your brain down and kill everything that moves.

long story short: 1 frag a day, every day, feels better for me than 1 frag in maybe 2 weeks of grinding
    IGN: FluffyNoibat

Main: Fae <3

With the system that is in place for Blocktron and soon Xendri, I think 5 is even too many. We're already doing Adventures and getting Adventurine to "see steady progress". Why not just buy one egg outright and be done with it? The last thing I want is more stuff to clutter my inventory while I'm waiting to put things together.

EDIT: When I got Blocktron, I farmed the full 60k Adventurine then bought the 5 Fragments for this very reason. Had I not already had the other parts needed to hatch this dragon, I would have waited for them too before buying the Fragments.