+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fasti. Help. Check to see if im on a "no binding darkness list"

I disagreed because I'm not in any of those categories. Until last week, I did need rerolls, and I had plenty of binding darkness (200+) to do so. I never had any problems getting them.
    At the moment I'm not rerolling anything, since my main has perfect gems now and I need my gem dust for augments. So I can't waste dust on leveling up gems for my other classes. With chaos sparks costing 4 binding darkness each, I'd have 73 rerolls available if I would decide to reroll some stats for my other classes.
    I think that I used around 40-50 rerolls to get perfect gems for my main class, so those 73 rerolls wouldn't be enough for all classes. Though now that I have a class with some more PR it's easier for me to farm gems, so I might be pickier about which gems I want to keep and level, potentially needing less rerolls.

I'm not sure how many BD I get per week, since I don't pay that much attention. Though last week with the insane amount of Elites in the DD ST, I think I got a BD drop every 3-4 runs.
    When I farm for gem dust I kill all minibosses in sight, that also regularly gives me BD. Not sure how often though, it's difficult to monitor.

While I don't have enough BD to reroll gem stats for all my classes, I still cannot imagine the people complaining here are complaining because they're having problems getting enough rerolls for all of their classes. At least to me it sounds as if they have problems getting ANY BD at all. Maybe I'm wrong though, but that's the impression I'm getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    We're unlikely to provide the exact math behind these drops, but if they dropped from every 3 enemies defeated then they'd have no meaningful value. We want them to be accessible but not something where you have more than you know what to do with.
    Binding.PNG

Ok, so i can craft 225 rerolls with them, that would mean 37 weeks of crafting with the weekly lunar souls assuming i donīt ever get more.
    Meanwhile some other people donīt get any. Where is my "meaningful value" here?

I think the droprates are too high for some shadow towers (depending on the weekly rotation) while also beeing WAY to low for adventure worlds. It defenitly needs some rebalancing or a check on the drops.

Also, i just realised i got 70 Bindings in 10 days without farming for them specificly, its just something that adds up if you farm a lot of stīs.

Which is absolutely insane to read. I am just trying to perfect one class. Im at 25.1 pr. I have grinded an absolutely insane amount. all classes are maxed cept TR. all 15k plus. I can't finish my one main class because of BD. I have gotten enough sparks change stats maybe 20 times. So I've only gotten maybe 80 BD total ever. I grind the hard STs solo and ultra STs (25k groups for fast farming) when the mobs total between 12-18 of them. I still get next to nothing. I farm adventure worlds and always kill all mobs I see in world. I have gotten I think 6 from adventure world. IT's broken. Period. Find a fix and add it to the June 26th update. Karma bar. Tome. Something.

This is one of the reasons why these things need to be tradeable. This game used to be AMAZING when it came to trading. Though now so many things are untradable that trading is practically dead.
    IGN: LippyLapras | Reddit: LippyLapras | Trove Creations Reddit

Quote Originally Posted by kanamit View Post
    The question I always have is why are they intended to be so rare? The gated material in the crafting is lunar souls. There's zero reason for binding darkness to be rare, or for that matter even exist. It's just another annoying rng item in this game that people can either get or cannot get, very little middle ground. You either get showered with them and have no use for them or you need them but absolutely cannot get them to drop. Frustrating.
    Because good gems are intended to be rare... Good gear is intended to be rare... the most powerful players are intended to be rare, not everyone... or even everyone with a lot of hours, because players with a lot of hours are NOT rare. I think the part that frustrates everyone is they are used to the quality of your gear to be based on the skill of the player, and it's ENTIRELY random in this game... you have strong gear... BY CHANCE.. and most players just can't accept that. You could be the strongest player by chance or the weakest player by chance and how good a player you are has nothing to do with that result. The ONLY thing that changes that result is cash.

I have come to accept that and have become a happier player. I play as good as I can with the best gear I can get until I get better gear. I shift priorities and focuses and just keep playing making this a little better, and then that a little better, etc... and then one day by pure chance I'll get something that causes me a nice boost... and then many weeks in a row I don't. I just have fun. If this is not something you can come to grips with... this game will never be satisifying for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepulcro View Post
    Because good gems are intended to be rare... Good gear is intended to be rare... the most powerful players are intended to be rare, not everyone... or even everyone with a lot of hours, because players with a lot of hours are NOT rare. I think the part that frustrates everyone is they are used to the quality of your gear to be based on the skill of the player, and it's ENTIRELY random in this game... you have strong gear... BY CHANCE.. and most players just can't accept that. You could be the strongest player by chance or the weakest player by chance and how good a player you are has nothing to do with that result. The ONLY thing that changes that result is cash.

I have come to accept that and have become a happier player. I play as good as I can with the best gear I can get until I get better gear. I shift priorities and focuses and just keep playing making this a little better, and then that a little better, etc... and then one day by pure chance I'll get something that causes me a nice boost... and then many weeks in a row I don't. I just have fun. If this is not something you can come to grips with... this game will never be satisifying for you.
    I feel like you completely misunderstood my question. My question is why is binding darkness INTENDED to be rare, when the gated material is in fact the lunar souls and not binding darkness. Binding darkness isn't rare at all for some people, who actually have way more than they will ever need (which wont matter though because the gated material is as I said, lunar souls).

If fasti had stated that lunar souls are gated because they intended for rerolls to be rare, that would make sense to me because lunar souls are in fact...…...wait for it...…...GATED (which makes them rare). And this is all assuming you never use them for empowered gem boxes.

Anyone who has ever augmented enough will tell you that you get 6 rerolls per week, What this actually means is that if you do dotm ultra and get the max 18 souls, and have enough binding darkness, you can craft 6 contained chaos sparks with which to reroll. These same people will also tell how penalizing rerolling gems is, as you can easily burn through those 6 and then some and still gain nothing (and often times worse than when you started). I burned through 8 last week on a single gem stat, my friend went through 11 today and now has to suffer with worse gem stats for a bit.

At the end of the day we all have to work with the system we are given. I don't think its a bad thing to let devs know how terrible a system is, as its the players that feel the pain of this augmenting system on a daily or weekly basis. Nothing comes easy in augmenting, we all just want to be rewarded for our efforts. Obviously getting binding darkness is not difficult for some people to get, but dont make the mistake of assuming its that easy for everyone. I personally don't think the game would be harmed at all if everyone had enough bd, theres already plenty of speed bumps in this game to keep us in check.

Quote Originally Posted by kanamit View Post
    I feel like you completely misunderstood my question. My question is why is binding darkness INTENDED to be rare, when the gated material is in fact the lunar souls and not binding darkness. Binding darkness isn't rare at all for some people, who actually have way more than they will ever need (which wont matter though because the gated material is as I said, lunar souls).

If fasti had stated that lunar souls are gated because they intended for rerolls to be rare, that would make sense to me because lunar souls are in fact...…...wait for it...…...GATED (which makes them rare). And this is all assuming you never use them for empowered gem boxes.

Anyone who has ever augmented enough will tell you that you get 6 rerolls per week, What this actually means is that if you do dotm ultra and get the max 18 souls, and have enough binding darkness, you can craft 6 contained chaos sparks with which to reroll. These same people will also tell how penalizing rerolling gems is, as you can easily burn through those 6 and then some and still gain nothing (and often times worse than when you started). I burned through 8 last week on a single gem stat, my friend went through 11 today and now has to suffer with worse gem stats for a bit.

At the end of the day we all have to work with the system we are given. I don't think its a bad thing to let devs know how terrible a system is, as its the players that feel the pain of this augmenting system on a daily or weekly basis. Nothing comes easy in augmenting, we all just want to be rewarded for our efforts. Obviously getting binding darkness is not difficult for some people to get, but dont make the mistake of assuming its that easy for everyone. I personally don't think the game would be harmed at all if everyone had enough bd, theres already plenty of speed bumps in this game to keep us in check.
    yeah pretty much all of that. The general community just wants it to be doable. It's not in its current structure. Not asking for it to be easy. Just doable. When BD is impossible to get for half the players and others get it like candy its frustrating. It's already itmegated. It already has a lot of RNG on ther reroll. If we are gonna grind dungeons and St for 6 hours to get 3 rerolls and have them go form MH to health percentage to MH again, it's not much of an incentive for use to keep playing.

Just read through four pages of st's n adventure world's are any of you aware you can spend your cubits on gem boosters as they can drop between 3-5 bd at a time also save some flux and get a few cred pouches for when gem booster flash deals show up. I got my gs gems maxed and fully rerolled in about two months I get maybe 10-15 be a week from grinding but spent 20k (roughly two and a half weeks worth) cubits on gem boosters and 35-40 rerolls later still at over 100 bds. Good luck and don't give up everybody that plays knows trion and the word balance don't go hand in hand but if you are 25k you know what an awesome though be it broken game they have provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepulcro View Post
    Because good gems are intended to be rare... Good gear is intended to be rare...
    I'm sorry but stellar gear is not rare at all. It's actual trash once you reach 3k+ mf. I recently got over that threshold and I needed a new vault to hoard all of them and I even sorted out all the clean one to trash them, still had well over 30 laying around.

The discrapency on some item is quite hard to understand. I still haven't seen a starfire frag and I had time to craft the despoiled dragon as well as blocktron during that time. I can't do more ST, I've competed for couple weeks on flawless leaderboard too, 71 um wp and 60-ish um sw 2 weeks ago.

I did finally have one drop in adventure world. It completely blew my mind, I think it was the first one I ever got that way. I really do think they need to be tradable because the RNG on them seems to go overboard for some and completely starve others.

IGN: SummerHaas • Discord: Summer#9392 • Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players — Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

+ Reply to Thread