+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fasti. Help. Check to see if im on a "no binding darkness list"

I farm ultra shadow towers every week for the flawless contest and I rarely get any binding darkness, certainly nothing meaningful (I got 2 last week). I farm adventure worlds every week as well, especially on Wednesday, and I can't recall the last time I've ever seen my binding darkness increase from doing that.

So I decided to try both methods again based on what fasti said (adventure worlds) and what someone else said about drops in hard shadow tower doing hydra or higher. I paid extra close attention.

Adventure worlds all day Wednesday (about 12 hours) and then hard dd for an hour before logging off. I got 0 from adventure worlds, but I actually received multiple drops of 3 binding darkness from hard dd...I was stunned because I farmed Ultra dd Monday for about 4 hours and never received a single one. For one hour of hard dd I ended up with 18 binding darkness...success! I also farmed it yesterday and again was able to get drops, this time 30 bd. So for 2 days my total was 48, which is more binding darkness then I was able to obtain in over 3 months of doing ultra shadow towers and adventure worlds.

So I guess the thing to do is hard shadow towers hydra or higher and see which one has the world bosses that drops binding darkness and then keep farming it.

Fasti. I want my money back. I've given like 200 dollars to this game. I want it back. Support the people who are actually giving money to this game. When it is impossible as it is to get binding darkness in this game for me and many, and to have a gem go from health, to health, to health, to health, to health, to heath, and back to health again. like. I want my money back. This is absolutely absurd. Fix this game or anyone who is paying money will leave. You won't have a client base anymore. Too much RNG. Fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    Fix this game or anyone who is paying money will leave.
    People are saying this for years. Guess what? Trove is still doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    I've called out the concern over the drop rate to the team. Just keep in mind that Binding Darkness are best found in Adventure worlds. Farming Shadow Towers for them may be skewing your results.

We'll keep an eye on things to see if changes are needed. We do intend for them to be quite rare.

Thanx for the reply, Fasti.

I got a question left though: What do you mean by 'quite rare'?

Like: How many BD are we supposed to get in 1 hour ST farming or 1 hour Adventure World farming? In average of course.

5.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyAlexanderNULL View Post
    Thanx for the reply, Fasti.

I got a question left though: What do you mean by 'quite rare'?

Like: How many BD are we supposed to get in 1 hour ST farming or 1 hour Adventure World farming? In average of course.
    We're unlikely to provide the exact math behind these drops, but if they dropped from every 3 enemies defeated then they'd have no meaningful value. We want them to be accessible but not something where you have more than you know what to do with.
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager, Trove
    Follow me on Twitter!

Read our forum rules before posting, please! |Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Found a bug? Follow these steps to report it and we'll fix it ASAP!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

We're unlikely to provide the exact math behind these drops, but if they dropped from every 3 enemies defeated then they'd have no meaningful value. We want them to be accessible but not something where you have more than you know what to do with.
    Yet some players have hundreds while others are left with none. Im averaging 1 binding darkness per like 200 elite mobs. That's about 18 STs of the ones with the most mobs dropping the most amounts. The RNG is broken. It needs to be on a different system. Make a tome or something.

But we love maths!!!

Don't even see how this is 'possible' as the use for these items really depends on how many 'gem rerolls' players "need".
    This will greatly vary between players due to the number of rerolls individual players want, and other players that do not need chaos sparks.
    Then this is then further separated by players who care about rerolling and those who do not.

This unfortunately leads to two cases: players who are after binding darkness, and those who are not.
    Players not needing rerolls/not using rerolls will always have an abundance
    Players needing rerolls and using them will always be short on them.

Last weekend I did get lucky and get a decent amount of binding darkness, slightly more than a typical weekend which was nice.
    For me, they will mainly be utilized on mainly empowered gems as these are the hardest to get (due to color and ability), followed by any near perfect high powered stellars with perfect boots, but not the exact stats required.

Keep in mind that as binding darkness is a bit more 'difficult' to obtain (and that lunar souls are timegated), it really means that players should still seek out perfect higher powered gems, and use rerolls sparingly as it does not make a lot of sense to just get high powered gems with 'bad stats' and try to use chaos sparks to reroll loads of times for perfect sets.

I typically tell players that chaos sparks seems to be 'meant' for gems that are near perfect except for one stat. They are not meant to be used 'often' and that it is only a good way to get a great gem 'perfect'. But if any player relys on chaos sparks to reroll every stat, then it will only lead to frustration as the real key to it is that balance needs to be struck for grinding gems VS changing the gem stats.
    It is still rough as with so many classes, and so many gems it is still quite difficult to get sets of perfect gems on all classes.

I am really glad that chaos sparks got added to the game, as players can now reroll health regen off our really old gems, and get useful stats. Or for gems that dropped one type of damage VS another we want, at least we have a chance to not be required to max out gems more than once.

My 2 cents at least.

Im not sure if there is a hidden karma bar so if kill a large number than intended requirement rate like 3 a bar of 15 or some multiplier triggers so one drops.. if not I might add to suggestions so theres people less rage quitting from over grinding
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 14/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

Quote Originally Posted by High5 View Post
    This unfortunately leads to two cases: players who are after binding darkness, and those who are not.
    Players not needing rerolls/not using rerolls will always have an abundance
    Players needing rerolls and using them will always be short on them.

I disagree.
    Basically all of my gems on my main started off with MH or %MH and I rerolled all of them. Some went from MH -->%MH --> MH before going to the stat I wanted. So I wasn't particularly lucky with my rerolls.
    Then I even rerolled some stats around to have the boosts in better places.
    And guess what? I have 293 binding darkness left.
    I read these forum posts of people who are lacking binding darkness, while I have no problem dropping them at all. They're either doing something awfully wrong (which I highly doubt), or something weird is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowenn View Post
    I disagree.
    Basically all of my gems on my main started off with MH or %MH and I rerolled all of them. Some went from MH -->%MH --> MH before going to the stat I wanted. So I wasn't particularly lucky with my rerolls.
    Then I even rerolled some stats around to have the boosts in better places.
    And guess what? I have 293 binding darkness left.
    I read these forum posts of people who are lacking binding darkness, while I have no problem dropping them at all. They're either doing something awfully wrong (which I highly doubt), or something weird is going on.
    Curious, not exactly sure which part you disagree with, if you could elaborate that would be appreciated!
    Are you are saying that you still need chaos sparks, or that you do not need chaos sparks?

Assuming you have stopped using chaos sparks, wouldn't you fall into the category of 'not using rerolls with 293 BD abundance'?
    Doubt you instantly got loads of sparks at once, meaning that previously, you were needing rerolls and not having enough.
    But perhaps you farmed up a ton of binding darkness and decided to just reroll all your gems at once.

Few quick questions:
    Do you have perfect gems with perfect boosts on every class or just one class?
    Will you reroll gems on every other class to perfect them too? (if rerolling is easy guessing most of your classes have perfected gems/boosts?)
    How many chaos sparks have you used so far? (you said you had bad luck with rolls, so a ballpark figure would be helpful so players have an idea of how many binding darkness they need).
    How many binding darkness do you typically get in one week and what are you doing when you get them? (ie shadow towers with elites, running uber worlds, etc...)
    How long did it take for you to earn the binding darkness to reroll one gem stat on 9 gems?

+ Reply to Thread