+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

  Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fasti. Help. Check to see if im on a "no binding darkness list"

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    100

    Fasti. Help. Check to see if im on a "no binding darkness list"

    This is just out of hand. I read people that say they farm hard STs and they drop like candy. Some that farm world mobs, some that farm ultra.

    I do all of these. I just farmed 20 plus pinatas (hard and ultra) and didn't get one Binding darkness. This is unacceptable. I would greatly appreciate it if the next time i logged in the devs gave me 100 BD for my inconvenience. Change the RNG. make a tome. Something. You are killing this game.

    Regards,
    Hansel

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    129
    I'm pretty sure they don't drop from bosses like Pinata. It's the mini-boss mobs that drop shadow fragments that can drop them. I don't see as many from ST as I do from U9 random minibosses (the mobs outside of dungeons that drop gem chests).

    I don't think the drop rate is too bad on them, I currently have 318 of them and I don't do as much farming as a lot of people do.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Summer Haas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Altar of the Moon
    Posts
    2,739
    This is the thing that drives all of us nuts iAndy. People come along with hundreds of them and say "it's fine". It's not fine. Some of us are being blocked from ever getting them and it's too much of a coincidence to just be RNG after months and months of farming and getting zip. If you don't think the drop rate is a problem then you aren't being blocked like others.

    I agree with the OP. Someone needs to check. I'm tired of buying gem boosters as my only means of getting them.


    IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

  4.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #4
    Community Manager Fasti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    6,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    This is just out of hand. I read people that say they farm hard STs and they drop like candy. Some that farm world mobs, some that farm ultra.

    I do all of these. I just farmed 20 plus pinatas (hard and ultra) and didn't get one Binding darkness. This is unacceptable. I would greatly appreciate it if the next time i logged in the devs gave me 100 BD for my inconvenience. Change the RNG. make a tome. Something. You are killing this game.

    Regards,
    Hansel
    I've called out the concern over the drop rate to the team. Just keep in mind that Binding Darkness are best found in Adventure worlds. Farming Shadow Towers for them may be skewing your results.

    We'll keep an eye on things to see if changes are needed. We do intend for them to be quite rare.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11
    Wait what? I don't think I ever gotten one Binding Darkness while farming in Adventure worlds. RNG needs a bit of tweak.
    Nothing to see here. Shoo.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    28
    I have never seen binding darkness dropped in ST so far. I got a couple of them by killing field bosses (not dungeon boss) in Adventure world so far but it is very very very... rare.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer Haas View Post
    This is the thing that drives all of us nuts iAndy. People come along with hundreds of them and say "it's fine". It's not fine. Some of us are being blocked from ever getting them and it's too much of a coincidence to just be RNG after months and months of farming and getting zip. If you don't think the drop rate is a problem then you aren't being blocked like others.

    I agree with the OP. Someone needs to check. I'm tired of buying gem boosters as my only means of getting them.
    Yeah, that's understandable. I've been in the same situation on some other things. If you've been killing those elemental/prime world mini-bosses and getting no binding darkness, there might be something going on. Dragons are another good source of them for me. Sometimes I see 3 drop from a single dragon.

  8. #8
    Member kanamit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    I've called out the concern over the drop rate to the team. Just keep in mind that Binding Darkness are best found in Adventure worlds. Farming Shadow Towers for them may be skewing your results.

    We'll keep an eye on things to see if changes are needed. We do intend for them to be quite rare.
    The question I always have is why are they intended to be so rare? The gated material in the crafting is lunar souls. There's zero reason for binding darkness to be rare, or for that matter even exist. It's just another annoying rng item in this game that people can either get or cannot get, very little middle ground. You either get showered with them and have no use for them or you need them but absolutely cannot get them to drop. Frustrating.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    585
    I have gotten far more BD within shadow towers as compared to farming adventure worlds.
    This is mainly due to tracking how many elites are found in the shadow towers at any given time.

    Mind you, I spend much time farming uber worlds, and I kill world bosses as well.
    Anytime I see a BD drop out of the uber worlds, I am like 'wow!!!!!!!' because it is THAT RARE (I would say on par with rarity of talismans).

  10. #10
    Senior Member Suburba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by kanamit View Post
    The question I always have is why are they intended to be so rare? The gated material in the crafting is lunar souls. There's zero reason for binding darkness to be rare, or for that matter even exist. It's just another annoying rng item in this game that people can either get or cannot get, very little middle ground. You either get showered with them and have no use for them or you need them but absolutely cannot get them to drop. Frustrating.
    Don't fprget the extra RNG layer when you reroll stats. Last gem I tried to reroll was PD-->MH-->PD again. The frustration is unbeareable sometimes.
    IGN: Suburba
    Mastery: 475
    All classes 17k + pr

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts