+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can this run Trove? If not, what do you recommend?

Can this run Trove? If not, what do you recommend?

https://www.hsn.com/products/hp-156-...ariant=8729791

I've tried looking it up, but none of the specs websites seem to be able to even find it on there, and it's been awhile since I've dealt with so much computer jargon.

If that laptop can't run Trove, then what do you recommend as an affordable alternative for a minimal, playable experience?

Well, I guess if you count a slide show, technically yes.
    Seriously, this model is using an ultra low power CPU (6W, i.e. designed for ultra portables and handhelds, although this model is a rather standard 15" notebook where you'd normally see 20-45W CPUs), and it is also rather outdated with excavator CPU cores.

Now Trove isn't the most demanding game, but that's still very very hard on the bottom edge to run any recent game even at the lowest possible settings.
    If you want something more decent, keep your eyes open for the successor, a Ryzen 3 notebook. Preferably the one with Vega 6 graphics (i.e. Ryzen 3 2300U), but I have yet to find one, but Vega 3 should already be waaaaay better than the R2 of your linked model.

In general, those Ryzen laptops are still extremely hard to find, vendors like Dell don't even list them in all countries, others exist on paper but you can't order them over here (Germany) etc., the only ones really available here seem the Acer Aspire 3 and Acer Swift 3. And the low-end Acers really don't have the best reputation. But, it doesn't have a miserable 1366x768 display but a 1920x1080 one.

+ Reply to Thread