+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Serious consern from todays live stream with the game direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimee View Post
    The biggest complaint I see about Geode is from power players:
    - We're loosing our boosts
    - We're loosing our toys
    - We have to start over
    - Where's the fairness in everyone starting off on the same foot?
    - I want my high ranked privileged playing stats.

The complaint about the Radiant Dayspring is a perfect example of power-player whining.

There's more to trove than player rankings. It is - after all - primarily a sandbox game. It's about building and having fun to gather mats. But, it seems to the high-ranks, the only thing the game is for is PR, MF, desperately needing to be on the ranking charts, and gathering more gear so that you can boast how much flux you have.

The biggest concern I see from the lower and middle tears like me who love building and gathering is how fast a mining run can be depleted. As mining runs are shared, when all the power-runners have ripped off all the easy-accessible mining material, the rest of us have to go hunting and hope we can maybe reach something interesting before we run out of GAS.

This looks like a blatant attempt to troll people...

"You keep saying we do not have to play it if we do not want to but now you even have mastery color for top mastery of both games combined."

This is the only complaint that bugs me about the concerns surrounding Geode. I'm totally okay with action-based players not finding mining fun and not wanting to do it. But it does bother me that people have become so hungry to be on the top of the leader boards that they cannot accept the concept of what is just another game mode. Because, you know, its a GAME. If you cant master Geode, then maybe your just a Wallet Warrior. Which is also fine, since you pay for our servers to keep running, but I'm just going to roll my eyes when people howl because, oh noes, you have to do something other than mass murder!

I'm sure this will all be forgotten once U10 actually comes out though.
    Knight : 22/7.6 Guns : 18/5.9 Fae : 30/8.9 Draco : 30/10.8 Neon : 20/7.9 Barb : 20/6.8 Sage : 19/6.6 Hunt : 30/8.6 Pirate : 30/12.4 Boom : 30/15.2 Tomb : 30/13.8 Lunar : 17/6.9 Rev :17/6.6 Chloro : 30/18.5 Dino : 17/7.2 Vang : 0/0

The biggest problem I find in Geode isn't mastery nor anything like that, is just the kinda slow paced type of gameplay... I mean, I dont stack a lot of jumps nor anything like that, but I do have a class with more than 60. Yet, if I take that class into Geode, I'll have only one jump to move around. Besides, we can't use mounts and are relegated to a slower movement speed, which also bothers me since some of my classes have that stat so I can run around faster while farming. I know we have items for that, but I still think Trion should up the base MS and jump stats inside the caves. Maybe just a notch below regular speed, and like, 10 jumps. With huge ping like mine, using the grapling isn't always easy, and kinda buggy too, so I'd rather be able to jump around.

Another problem is the fact that Geode has the loop type of play, because you have to do it a huge amount of times to gather everything, if you dont want to pay for it. It's the same as the Vanguardian, in my opinion, but I AM glad we can craft everything and it isn't totally behind a pay wall. Nonetheless, making the amount of resources so huge is kinda lame. I mean, if you don't like Geode, but want stuff, you'll either have to buy from players (if it is even tradable), or play it with a bad attitude because the game mode doesn't suit you. Maybe if everything is tradable and the game gives us other ways to gather materials, then it's fine. If the only way to gather the stuff we'll eventually need is through Geode, I can see why the mode can be a love or hate type of deal.

I, personally, am kinda hyped for it, because I like the perspective of new items and that kinda of stuff, but I'm bummed because the mode is slower and gets boring quickier since is even more repetitive than regular play. Maybe if Trion adds more stuff to do in Geode other than mining, then it'll be better, but at least I can see it as something peole will fall back to when they get tired of grinding in regular play, and decide to stroll around gathering stuff.

For me, only time will tell. I just hope the dev's are able to make the most out of this new mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandibles View Post
    "You keep saying we do not have to play it if we do not want to but now you even have mastery color for top mastery of both games combined."

This is the only complaint that bugs me about the concerns surrounding Geode. I'm totally okay with action-based players not finding mining fun and not wanting to do it. But it does bother me that people have become so hungry to be on the top of the leader boards that they cannot accept the concept of what is just another game mode. Because, you know, its a GAME. If you cant master Geode, then maybe your just a Wallet Warrior. Which is also fine, since you pay for our servers to keep running, but I'm just going to roll my eyes when people howl because, oh noes, you have to do something other than mass murder!

I'm sure this will all be forgotten once U10 actually comes out though.
    Personally my problem isn't that you have to do it for mastery. I don't like the look of geode, I'm anticipating the new content, I will do it, I will find it boring and annoying. However if people are giving feedback that they don't like it, the response is "don't do it, it's not forced". Yet people talk about the mastery requirements and the response is "well you have to do it then". Those are contradictory statements that basically equate to "don't have a different opinion to me, I don't like see people think differently". That's all very well, but if people didn't say that they didn't like it, then what direction do you think the game would go?

So if you want people to point out less that new content is a requirement, then people need to stop pretending it's optional easy to ignore content. Even if it didn't directly equate to power, people still have a right to complain because they have the choice between old content they've done for years which is getting stale, or content they don't enjoy. Lerand covers people's concerns well I think.

Maybe I'm a little vindictive after being pushed through multiple levels of Adventure to get different block types, lack of builder updates and the endless gem dust grind, so when something I like comes along I'm worried the complaints of people who expect instantaneous progress will ruin something I want and dilute the experience to a week long event to be abandoned and complained about.

I feel like the reduction of stats, jumps and mounts is like going back to the old days when people finely crafted their dungeons to accentuate being played by new people who only have their 1-2 jumps and have to figure out how to navigate the world. Instead of seeing it as a building and exploration challenge, all I see is people having fits they cant just basically warp to the end and get all the loot. Would you rather have dungeons you need a minimum of 30 jumps to even find the boss for a clear? what about 100? Most players are already tired of boss rushes and speed runs so they finally produce something totally different and... its hated even more!

There is no pleasing people.
    Knight : 22/7.6 Guns : 18/5.9 Fae : 30/8.9 Draco : 30/10.8 Neon : 20/7.9 Barb : 20/6.8 Sage : 19/6.6 Hunt : 30/8.6 Pirate : 30/12.4 Boom : 30/15.2 Tomb : 30/13.8 Lunar : 17/6.9 Rev :17/6.6 Chloro : 30/18.5 Dino : 17/7.2 Vang : 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by Mandibles View Post
    Maybe I'm a little vindictive after being pushed through multiple levels of Adventure to get different block types, lack of builder updates and the endless gem dust grind, so when something I like comes along I'm worried the complaints of people who expect instantaneous progress will ruin something I want and dilute the experience to a week long event to be abandoned and complained about.

I feel like the reduction of stats, jumps and mounts is like going back to the old days when people finely crafted their dungeons to accentuate being played by new people who only have their 1-2 jumps and have to figure out how to navigate the world. Instead of seeing it as a building and exploration challenge, all I see is people having fits they cant just basically warp to the end and get all the loot. Would you rather have dungeons you need a minimum of 30 jumps to even find the boss for a clear? what about 100? Most players are already tired of boss rushes and speed runs so they finally produce something totally different and... its hated even more!

There is no pleasing people.
    I personally don't mind having less jumps to explore, it's fine since we can pretty much reach everything with one jump and the grapling, my problems stems from the fact that my ping is really high and one jump plus the grapling sometimes equal to only me wasting time and energy to explore. So, having more jumps would help people like me, but they shouldnt be a huge amount, just enough for us to climb without using the grapling hook if its reachable by like, two jumps more.

Also, what I believe people are complaining more, is the fact that we are used to a fast paced type of play since a lot of players already maximized they stats and items to kill stuff quickly and farm without wasting a lot of time, and suddenly, we're put into a new type of gameplay aspect that throws it all out of the window, making people start a new and negating their progress. I don't see a problem with starting again, but some people do, specially when they lose what they've worked for. Geode is a good part of the game, I won't deny that, but the slow mining speed, slow walking speed, not having more than one jump... That seems to work against it. People get items to mine faster, walk faster, jump more, and there, nothing of this matters.

I'm not saying Trion shouldn't do Geode, specially if we'll have even more stuff to put the items we get there eventually, but I for one would like it to be a bit improved with regards to the way regular Trove is. I'm all for a farming simulator, all for not having to bother with combat specs, gems, CH, CD, MD and everything else for once, but stripping ALL of it for the sake of the game mode... I think thats too much.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    Tbh I'm genuinely surprised thousands of players are still willing to play. It seems like some other games seem to get dropped off a lot more easily.
    This. The game is being powered by whales, who spend money and satisfy the greed that Trion has. The same greed is killing the game, imo.
    My content:
    ✅ Masked Mercenary [Rampage Datastreamer] costume: http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...r-(Neon-Ninja)
    ✅ Piercing Neoncaster spear: https://www.reddit.com/r/TroveCreati...ng_neoncaster/
    ✅ Terraria's Astral Plane mod: https://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...l-plane.69226/

To be honest, all this new Geode stuff could be kind of cool. At the same time, i see how people who are more into the old Trove wouldn't like Geode. I personally think it will be chill, but i totally agree that it shouldn't have new content that doesn't connect with the core game at all. I mean, i played Trove on PC a while back, where radiant, and lvl 42 was the end-game, a month ago i came back but it was all so messy and i really didn't know what to do so i started playing on the ps4. I am already 12k PR and i start to understand the gem system and all that, but should people that are not currently at the end-game spend lots of time upgrading towards 26k PR? Or save flux and such for new gems or whatever? also this new mastery thing is just very confusing.

Sorry for going a bit off-topic

Quote Originally Posted by Lerand View Post
    Geode is a good part of the game, I won't deny that, but the slow mining speed, slow walking speed, not having more than one jump... That seems to work against it. People get items to mine faster, walk faster, jump more, and there, nothing of this matters.
    You made some good points and helped clear the clouds of my tunnel vision a bit. Enough that I feel like something important was missed with the new content; Geode is made to be open to all players, as far as I can tell. At least on the PTR, there weren't any requirements to get in. If all this slow down was SPECIFICALLY tied to U10, I'd get more of the rage, but I see this stuff as being accessible to all players at any time, and I feel like they were aiming it at the more medium, casual type of player and not so much the people already at 25k+, compared to the additions of two shadow tower bosses that in its first weeks, none of the newer players could even access without tons of help (And remember all that incredible rage when the top players suddenly couldn't just solo anything any more).

I could do the same Geode content regardless of my Trovian level and I thought that was really cool. I guess that's kinda lost on people who have been playing for years.

10.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Everscream View Post
    This. The game is being powered by whales, who spend money and satisfy the greed that Trion has. The same greed is killing the game, imo.
    Keep in mind that these kinds of attacks aren't productive. You're stating as fact that the decisions made by the dev team are somehow just evil schemes to squeeze money out of people without providing anything objectively true to back up the claim. We can't stop people from being mean on the Internet, but these forums exist for productive discussions about our game so I'll make it very clear that you should avoid making these kinds of attacks here.

I can't know anything about your life, but I know quite a bit about mine so let's use that for an example. I work for Trion Worlds. I've worked here for about 5 years now. I'm pretty familiar with how things work around here. I have quick access to talk freely with all levels of senior management and there's no mustache twirling to be found.

Trove is a free to play game. We offer a ton of stuff for players to do without spending a penny. As with all free to play games the vast majority of people who play them will never spend any money. That's not something we failed to anticipate. All players add tremendous value to the gaming experience, spender or otherwise. Now, Trove has the level of development it has because Trion Worlds spends money to hire developers and engineers. These teams work together to create worlds for people to play in.

The game is free but employees are not. No video game in the world can provide vast, trouble free worlds with constant upgrades and improvements, unlimited new content that 100% of people in the world love, all without paying employees or having an office from which they work.

Greed isn't the motivator for any of our decisions. We give players the option to buy stuff because if we had no income we'd have to close the whole thing up. It's not greed to want to pay a competitive wage. It's not greed that pushes Trion to offer us really good medical insurance.

You see greed because of your life experience. I can't fault you for that. However, we're not a multibillion dollar company that is pushing our teams into burnout through endless "crunch." We're not working for peanuts while higher ups lounge around on their yachts with robot butlers. We're a group of passionate people who love what we do. If you need to hate us for some reason, that's all you. I find it takes so much more of my energy to hate something than it does to try to better understand it.

Feel free to post productive criticism whenever you have it, but save the baseless attacks for somewhere other than our forums.
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager, Trove
    Follow me on Twitter!

Read our forum rules before posting, please! |Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Found a bug? Follow these steps to report it and we'll fix it ASAP!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

+ Reply to Thread