+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Serious consern from todays live stream with the game direction.

So far I like the idea of Geode. Of course it is not fully riped and the cave system look all the same, but there is so much obvious potential for improving the whole mining aspect.

If Trion wants to clearly seperate Geode from Trove, then the new mastery would not affect Power Rank and having or not having the new gem coulor would not change your position in Class contests. Well but here I do not mind any way, but that is where those who deeply care should start making suggestions.

If Geode is a try to fix Class contest Rankings though... well this will not work. Also the top mastery people can collect the mastery, if it would affect overall PR and in the end the same people remain in top ranking. And this I am saying as a Fae main who has been at #8 and after the Mastery cap increase got pushed to around #50. Even a friend who did not care about gem effects and has max Gem-PR is auto-excluded from top #25 simply by the mastery-wall. If Geode does really want to stir things up, then it can do this for a mere few days and then we are back to how the ranking was before.

But Geode will definitelly bring in new gameplay. Let us be honest: killing monsters for hours to get a few PR more is pretty tiring. So having a completelly new thing out there is an awesome addition that brings varity into the game.

My only concern is, if Trion would keep Geode like it is on PTS right now without improving and adding more content to it untill its release. How it looks right now, I expect Geode to stay interesting for 2~4 weeks. Until players have all modules.

In the end I definitelly look forward to it, although I rather would wait longer for the update but see more things to do in those cave then.

One question that must be asked:

What makes mining fun?

To me, mining and resource collection are fun because they let me get creative with the things I collect. If mining helps me get new block recipes, new decorations, new perks when it comes to building my cornerstone or club, that is fun. If mining is just to get me stats I cannot use until a future update, then I have a hard time understanding how that is fun.

It could be that Trion isn't very concerned about the time between Geode and U10 and maybe they care more about how these things will fit together in the long run. Anyway, there is much potential with expanding the creative side of this game. For folks who don't like repetitive advancement, it seems like just begging for u10 doesn't stop a cycle that is pretty dang repetitive at the moment.

I also hope there is some risk in mining. In a world with no combat, is there falling risk? mining toxic ore? What are the risk (and reward) factors that makes mining exciting?

-Meloji

This update does absolutely zero for me. Mining and broken pvp? No thanks.

One thing I saw that alarms me that I am only just now learning about is the planned removal of the Radiant Dayspring. If that means also the removal of daily login tokens then those of us who aren't able to get hundreds of chaos chests a week like most of the power players have even less opportunities to gain mastery via new allies and mounts. Please keep login tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrz View Post
    One thing I saw that alarms me that I am only just now learning about is the planned removal of the Radiant Dayspring. If that means also the removal of daily login tokens then those of us who aren't able to get hundreds of chaos chests a week like most of the power players have even less opportunities to gain mastery via new allies and mounts. Please keep login tokens.
    Mabye still available in hub and clubs, like dragon crucible?
    We should have at least 3 months with the remaining tokens from store.

The biggest complaint I see about Geode is from power players:
    - We're loosing our boosts
    - We're loosing our toys
    - We have to start over
    - Where's the fairness in everyone starting off on the same foot?
    - I want my high ranked privileged playing stats.

The complaint about the Radiant Dayspring is a perfect example of power-player whining.

There's more to trove than player rankings. It is - after all - primarily a sandbox game. It's about building and having fun to gather mats. But, it seems to the high-ranks, the only thing the game is for is PR, MF, desperately needing to be on the ranking charts, and gathering more gear so that you can boast how much flux you have.

The biggest concern I see from the lower and middle tears like me who love building and gathering is how fast a mining run can be depleted. As mining runs are shared, when all the power-runners have ripped off all the easy-accessible mining material, the rest of us have to go hunting and hope we can maybe reach something interesting before we run out of GAS.

'Power-player?' Since I was the one in the thread to mention the Radiant Dayspring I'll respond to that.

I am by no means a 'Power-Player' I only just recently hit 300 mastery, and I am still under 18k PR on my main class. I only have 5 or 6 dragons so far. And the most flux I've had at one time is about 250k. So I'm not really a power player by any metric.

The daily login tokens benefit the 25+k PR 'Power-Players' and brand new players alike. Both of them can and do save up the tokens to buy the most expensive item using the Dayspring, then the second most, and finally the lootbox for the remainder. Everyone benefits from this if they just take a moment to login each day and claim it which takes maybe 30 seconds on average.

We lose out on monthly allies and mounts if the login tokens go.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimee View Post
    The biggest complaint I see about Geode is from power players:
    - We're loosing our boosts
    - We're loosing our toys
    - We have to start over
    - Where's the fairness in everyone starting off on the same foot?
    - I want my high ranked privileged playing stats.

The complaint about the Radiant Dayspring is a perfect example of power-player whining.

There's more to trove than player rankings. It is - after all - primarily a sandbox game. It's about building and having fun to gather mats. But, it seems to the high-ranks, the only thing the game is for is PR, MF, desperately needing to be on the ranking charts, and gathering more gear so that you can boast how much flux you have.

The biggest concern I see from the lower and middle tears like me who love building and gathering is how fast a mining run can be depleted. As mining runs are shared, when all the power-runners have ripped off all the easy-accessible mining material, the rest of us have to go hunting and hope we can maybe reach something interesting before we run out of GAS.
    It's a bit egotistical to thinking your concerns hold more merit than other people's don't you think? I'm also not really sure how just logging in for tokens makes one a power player too *shrug*.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimee View Post
    This is a little confusing.. If anything, I would think a power player would be happy that others can't keep up with them in one aspect by just logging in.

Quote Originally Posted by Meloji View Post
    One question that must be asked:

What makes mining fun?

To me, mining and resource collection are fun because they let me get creative with the things I collect. If mining helps me get new block recipes, new decorations, new perks when it comes to building my cornerstone or club, that is fun. If mining is just to get me stats I cannot use until a future update, then I have a hard time understanding how that is fun.

It could be that Trion isn't very concerned about the time between Geode and U10 and maybe they care more about how these things will fit together in the long run. Anyway, there is much potential with expanding the creative side of this game. For folks who don't like repetitive advancement, it seems like just begging for u10 doesn't stop a cycle that is pretty dang repetitive at the moment.

I also hope there is some risk in mining. In a world with no combat, is there falling risk? mining toxic ore? What are the risk (and reward) factors that makes mining exciting?

-Meloji
    For me, Mining is not fun. It is a necessary evil that I must go thru if I want to have more Bombs. Bombs=FUN! No matter how you market or paint it. its still going to be boring and not fun to me.

And please, do not add risk. It's already a boring task, adding risk to me is adding insult to injury.

+ Reply to Thread