+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Serious consern from todays live stream with the game direction.

Serious consern from todays live stream with the game direction.

I am a beta player with thousands of hours in game and really am having a hard time with the twist of the new update. You are making a new game called Geode that uses nothing from Trove but the benefit of the gunslinger roll affect when running. You keep saying we do not have to play it if we do not want to but now you even have mastery color for top mastery of both games combined. U10 is going to be outside of the Geode force field and I would bet good money only Geode characters will be able to farm in that area for it. I bet the stats on the gems we get are also going to be totally only for the Geode side. I see you guys feeling people out to see if you can do a game reset in a new direction and throw a bone once in a while to the legacy people but all this does is make me not want to spend money or time not knowing what is really going on. Having secrets of major updates is awesome but when you are changing total game mechanics of how Gear will drop/ if you can even get it in Trove or you need to get it in Geode, Do people still need to get dragons for Magic Find or are you really blocking it from all the new loot.

Spend hours and hours in Trove or hours and hours in Geode ???? I have a feeling anyone who does not do it will get screwed over bigtime when the big patch drops end of the year. Just have that feeling.

Refer a Friend Link under master 20 only for free class coin.
    or use this code JYRRE66HHRPQHX9Y7FFM

Geode has the look of a mobile game and battle royale is meh too. Yes we must play it to keep up.

I'm hunting for another game because like you I'm an end of CB player to present and I can't stand that the marketing dept now have development control of the game I love so much.

Also do not understand what will happen after Geode and stopped playing the Trove. I have a feeling that the server has been shut down and I need to wait for a new game(Geode).

Tbh Geode is quite nice as it doesn't offer the old players an obvious advantage to the newer ones, it kinda stabilises the playing field when it comes to the new mastery and how easy it is to get, you are also overlooking the fact that you only have to farm a set amount as after that point, you will have tomes which collect the resources for you.

I agree in part. However magic find has been really weird. We were told magic find would have diminishing returns at around the 100 mark, now we have 5k with no obvious diminishing returns. If gear is craftable, there's no reason that gear drops should be the primary way to get the highest level of gear. Also coloured names doesn't matter so that aspect is ignorable, although the mastery the items give itself aren't. I'm glad they're trying to differentiate gameplay, if we think about it, there's really no difference from novice play all the way up to u9. There's a lack of creativity, and that goes for the majority of the game for me. At the same time, I'm not sure people will be totally enthused with pure lasermancy and starting with slow movement speed while u9 has been a thing for over 2 years with no upgrade. u10 may shake things up, but until that happens, I think people are right to be sceptical and be of the opinion that the game just isn't so interesting and full of lag and crashes (though at least some crashes have been mitigated).

I'm mostly put out by the fact we are told this first Geode expansion is "to prepare for the upcoming storm" of u10, or whatever.

But, the problem is, we don't know how.

At the moment it's just, doing things because they are there to do. And that's plenty of motivation for some, others, not so much.
    I kinda feel like this update would be better off if it came WITH u10, instead of as a prelude to it so we could actively know what we need and how best to get it.

Also
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Snek13 View Post
    you are also overlooking the fact that you only have to farm a set amount as after that point, you will have tomes which collect the resources for you.
    as legendary tomes, not sure just how much you intend on these replacing resource collecting.

They had an great idea, we always wanted a rift like thing, another adventurre world you could go grind in.

But making it a Mining simulator, cmon.. This "Loop" Gameplay, get's boring real fast, just collecting ressources again and again..

I am too afraid for the future of tro.. I mean Geode!

Quote Originally Posted by cerkaz View Post
    They had an great idea, we always wanted a rift like thing, another adventurre world you could go grind in.

But making it a Mining simulator, cmon.. This "Loop" Gameplay, get's boring real fast, just collecting ressources again and again..

I am too afraid for the future of tro.. I mean Geode!
    Tbh I'm genuinely surprised thousands of players are still willing to play. It seems like some other games seem to get dropped off a lot more easily.

Seems to be the year of bad decisions with some games out now. Even Path of Exile flopped with Beastiary League but they acknowledged it and are taking it out for now from the overwhelming negative response. Time will tell what happens but I am not looking forward to new content that is not tied to the core game in any way.

Refer a Friend Link under master 20 only for free class coin.
    or use this code JYRRE66HHRPQHX9Y7FFM

Quote Originally Posted by Kuanyin View Post
    Time will tell what happens but I am not looking forward to new content that is not tied to the core game in any way.
    The fall patch is supposed to tie geode and main trove together properly aswell as introduce u10+, you'll just have to bear over with this as a "setup" patch.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: 100,341 | Total Power Rank: 346,429 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Gem Rerolling Issue | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 701 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

+ Reply to Thread