Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Feedback Thread] Revenant rework

[Feedback Thread] Revenant rework

Hello.

I hope this thread will be only for Revenant rework feedback.

It's really cool (IMHO) how the Revenant have been reworked on PTS. Personaly I don't have any problem with losing his MH scale on Spirit Spears, because my Revenant have complete PD/CD build. Players that had MH/%MH + CH/CD build just lost all damage they had, but not the survivality.

[Question]

Players that had Revenant with MH/%MH build and will be forced to get new gems / reroll old gems (if possible) will earn some recompensation if they would like to have correct DPS / mixed build?

[Feedback]

Class gem ability add a stackable damage-over-time. The damage of the DOT effect is very, very small. For example:

- 278k damage from DOT effect at 5/5 stacks per second.
    - Aegis Assault (Shield Bash) ~ 38mln damage per hit with 1 second cooldown.
    - DOT is not dealing critical hits

Revenant is next class with strong basic attacks, so Shield Bash and Spirit Spears probably won't be used that often like before.

Update June 1, 2018

- Aegis Assault DOT effect is now dealing double damage, but it's very low (~0.55mln at 5/5 stacks) in compare to all other skills that are dealing damage in many milions. Tested on 5.05 coefficinet Revenant which is on DPS end-game. Not dealing the critical hits is the problem.

[BUGS]

- Player can turn ON the Spirit Spears animation without releasing the spears.

Time: Always
    Context: Works anywhere.
    Character Details: Revenant Level 30.
    Expected: Toggle OFF the skill and animation.
    Observed: Revenant is using the Spirit Spears animation.
    Repro Steps:

1) Press and release the [1] Spirit Spears button.
    2) Press and hold the [1] Spirit Spears button.
    3) Done

Image/Video Documentation: https://youtu.be/YIhmJCE0wLk

- Bugged respawn that allow Revenant to attack and move while he is dead.

Time: Ultra Shadow Tower. Should be working anywhere with appropriate conditions.
    Game Details: Revenant's passive Vengeful Spirits and dying in quick succession for sure trigger this bug. It also might be the Revenant's healing. but I'm not sure. The flask should not be the trigger. I have tested it on Death Defying and Chaos Flask. it worked on both. The bug happens randomly on the next 1-2 deaths after Vengeful Spirit spawn.
    Character Details: Revenant Level 30
    Expected: Revenant should die and respawn.
    Observed: Revenant died but didn't respawn and he could do the same as if he was alive. He is taking the damage and he can die. Dying fix the bug.

Image/Video Documentation: https://youtu.be/I5ToHGYCCjo

Thanks!

the DoT on the bash really doesn't have to be strong, i don't know why so many people are stressing about it. instead, the bash just got a big upfront damage boost.
    It doesn't matter whatsoever where in the ability the extra damage is, if its on the bash itself or the DoT, its just easier to tweak damage numbers on the bash, and doesn't allow for as many unexpected balance problems as changing the DoT would.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: 107,873 | Total Power Rank: 346,429 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 703 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

4.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortorion View Post
    Players that had Revenant with MH/%MH build and will be forced to get new gems / reroll old gems (if possible) will earn some recompensation if they would like to have correct DPS / mixed build?
    Honestly, in our own testing we found that having a balance between MH and PD was ideal, depending on your playstyle. Those MH gems are not worthless.

Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Designer, Trove
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    Honestly, in our own testing we found that having a balance between MH and PD was ideal, depending on your playstyle. Those MH gems are not worthless.

I know that, that's why I mentioned the mixed build.

It really depend on the player and what gems the player have on his class, and it's very complicated.
    Gem levels, number of boosts on the stats, % of stats augments, gem stats on all 9 gems, but the most important is the player's decision, and if he care about that or not.

Yes i can kill everything and survive everything if i go dps by using my VG gem set but that lead to new problem, my HP gem set are completely useless i kinda forced to play hybrid build, this kind of build is really hard for new player and mid player who don't have PD gem set while rerolling is RNG and a pain to begin with.