Thread: Rarity of Cave Birds

Rarity of Cave Birds

Getting to "Upgrade Your GAS" in the quest and needing 80 Cave Birds really makes the game grind to a halt. They're so rare in Tier 2, but you can't farm them in other tiers because your GAS isn't upgraded. There are only a certain amount you can even find before you run out of cave space, or someone else already got there before you, and you have to start over. I can't even guess how many trips it would take. I know you can trade them, but the market for these is going to be crazy with such low supply and high demand.

I've done it on 2 accounts, it's not pleasant but it is doable. You can pick up 12~15 per run. And you can do u3, just not much of it. The bigger issue is did someone get there first, which often you can't tell until you're very committed. The grinds after that one are a lot less friendly looking, mining in a turret heavy realm is really hard, and the next upgrades require the tier 3 ore. Lots of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Awestacular View Post
    mining in a turret heavy realm is really hard.
    I think there should be some way to deal with those turrets other than a plant-bomb since they aren't always available and the turrets are rarely ground level.

Quote Originally Posted by Awestacular View Post
    I've done it on 2 accounts, it's not pleasant but it is doable. You can pick up 12~15 per run. And you can do u3, just not much of it. The bigger issue is did someone get there first, which often you can't tell until you're very committed. The grinds after that one are a lot less friendly looking, mining in a turret heavy realm is really hard, and the next upgrades require the tier 3 ore. Lots of it.
    I have no doubt that it's doable. The question for me becomes: is it an unpleasant grind that discourages players? Everything up until this point was enjoyable. 12-15 per run is very optimistic, I don't see the average player getting close to that number.

Quote Originally Posted by iAndy View Post
    I think there should be some way to deal with those turrets other than a plant-bomb since they aren't always available and the turrets are rarely ground level.
    They have the prospecting platform which can be used to block "annoying enemies", and you even get 10 in a questline, but it's kind of clunky. But I think the whole purpose of it is to deal with the turrets.