+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Geode update Hot or Not

Geode update Hot or Not

its growing on me....

Some things are okay, others not so much.

From what I have seen on livestreams and notes there are some improvements but at the same time some issues.

Improvement to dragon drop rates for some dragons, was nice to see, however needing 100 now is not so good. 50 I wouldn't mind or even 25 of them, (Given if you have 5 current fragments only loot collects into 25 (Making you need to grind more to get the dragon now) That is not.

Time gated material again. (Or extreme pay to win) Not happy.

Lastly will it run on consoles without lagging to 5 fps and crashing within minutes. Not happy.

Hot.

What I don't like:

1. 10 hour time gates for egg hatching which seems excessive. Two hours and we're straight.

What I like:

1. The music of Sanctuary/Geode. Sounds like something out of an old-school RPG.
    2. The companion designs.

What I hope for:

1. Being able to assign plots of land in clubs to specific members. You can't mess with a members builds if it doesn't belong to you, even if you're a higher rank, nullifying other members who seek to grief. This arrangement is between the member and the president.
    2. Cornerstones in club worlds.
    3. Cornerstones in club worlds.
    4. Cornerstones in club worlds.

Senior Member TheRealBenjiYokai's Avatar

Unhappy Not hot...

Please remember that this is my own personal opinion.

What I like:
    New pets! An ally system that actually helps you in battle!
    Bomber Royale! While it isn't like a lot of Battle Royale games it is still unique and has a lot of potential.
    Geode Sanctuary! Is this a hint at Uber 10?

What I don't like:
    Pet egg takes 10 hours to hatch. Make it 1 or 2 hours and I will be happy.
    Bomber Royale replaces PVP in Hub. I think that there should be a portal for flag capture, deathmatch, and Bomber Royale, as the PVP trophy is one of the three that stand between me and my platinum.
    Geode Mastery is just plain dumb. I would have liked to have attended the meeting where Trion Worlds employees made ideas. It's just like, 'Hey, we have given players 1,000 Mastery levels, now let's give them Geode Mastery!'

The thing that made me not like the new Geode update was that there is a new 'Geode' tab in the store. That means that there are going to be a lot credit or real money purchases for Geode. I am disturbed that Trion Worlds had become this greedy in a short amount of time, and I am not sure how much pay-to-win me and my fellow players are going to become with this new update.
    My best ideas: None because players are biased
    Follow me on PlayStation Network! My username is Benji_Yokai.
    Owner of I Wanna Be The BUILDERS club!
    Mastery level: 201 (will no longer be updated)
    I main Lunar Lancer as a Tank DPS class.

First I'm posting this at a point in not happy time with the p2p in trove.
    I'm mastery 543 with zero hope of hitting 550 which was a huge goal of mine.
    P2p part is my hold back, had to make a choice to not get mounts as I needed BB from boons type of things. Need all store mounts and 20 more costumes... We are talking 10s millions of flux or 100s dollars.. Seems like I bit much now..

New mastery for Geode is ridiculous and a big mistake. You have now told me working hard to get ahead of everyone else means nothing.
    If this geode mastery was added to my trove mastery for U10 use I would understand.

My new take on geode is its broken and a huge p2p part of trove that really will do nothing but open a doorway. It looks fun and new but I can't get over the uselessness of it.

But I do have a few questions

Can you bring your Pokemon to trove?
    Is there a end goal? How do I beat it?

what do you mean with new Mastery for Geode? it has his own Masterylevel ?

edit: ok i saw the Patchnotes

Patch notes say geode mastery effects trove mastery
    Is this true and how if anyone knows please give details.

Angry Verdict: not hot.

First of all, the idea for a fresh wind of gameplay and story instead of the usual mindless grinding is nice. Yet after the initial welcome, you're presented with...forced grinding. Like, seriously, why the heck you need to gate the upgrades behind storyline? Let us decide at what order we want to get those upgrades instead of being forced to follow a set track.

Secondly, Bomber Royale. It's not even good, and I'm a huge fan of bomberman here. The concept was good, execution is poorly planned. Bomb bouncing once before exploding? Why did we need that? To pad the playing time? To force people playing it for longer? Nobody wants that. Just make the bomb explodes instantly when it contacts something, and you can more than halve the playtime; which is better since we're gonna be doing this repeatedly, and doing same thing over and over again for a long amount of time was worse compared to doing same thing over and over again, for just short amount of time. If the reason why you need to do that is 'oh, it's so players develop bomb throwing and luring skill!' what are you going to do with those skills? Play PUBG? (speaking of which, boomer remake when).

Third is cave ore generation: please fix those ceiling ores; nobody could get that even with tier-5 upgraded N-charge, Jet boots and Omni-Tool. If it was meant to spawn there, limit the generation to tier-5 caves where everybody has maxed tools and maybe can be airborne long enough to collect all of that without wasting time waiting for energy recharge.

The other points has been said by others, particularly how unfair the new dragon fragment system are for those who already gotten enough fragment, but not dragon coins/material. Can you make two recipes, one for the old fragments and one for new fragments? It can be erased afterwards, but it's better than making everybody's hard work farming only counts for 1/4 of the frags needed, especially for some dragon frags like starfire (which drops only from certain type of miniboss), kami fragments (due to luminopolis taking over neon city) and spinner fragments. 'But we upped the droprate!' That only applies for the fragments obtained after the patch. They had gotten it before patch, hence making it only loot collect into 5 fragments per is a bad decision. If you can't make two separate recipes, why don't make old fragments collect into 20 new frags, thus eliminating the need for further hunting? Players earned that much-after all, they had endured mind-numbingly farming those fragments.

Senior Member TheRealBenjiYokai's Avatar
    Will Bomber Royale affect Battle Level? This is one of the few things blocking me from my Platinum trophy. Please answer.
    My best ideas: None because players are biased
    Follow me on PlayStation Network! My username is Benji_Yokai.
    Owner of I Wanna Be The BUILDERS club!
    Mastery level: 201 (will no longer be updated)
    I main Lunar Lancer as a Tank DPS class.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathurue View Post
    The other points has been said by others, particularly how unfair the new dragon fragment system are for those who already gotten enough fragment, but not dragon coins/material. Can you make two recipes, one for the old fragments and one for new fragments? It can be erased afterwards, but it's better than making everybody's hard work farming only counts for 1/4 of the frags needed, especially for some dragon frags like starfire (which drops only from certain type of miniboss), kami fragments (due to luminopolis taking over neon city) and spinner fragments. 'But we upped the droprate!' That only applies for the fragments obtained after the patch. They had gotten it before patch, hence making it only loot collect into 5 fragments per is a bad decision. If you can't make two separate recipes, why don't make old fragments collect into 20 new frags, thus eliminating the need for further hunting? Players earned that much-after all, they had endured mind-numbingly farming those fragments.

This was changed.
    Fragments now loot into 20 each.

However that still doesn't put the point that you still need 1800 Jumpin Jadefins for the bubble dragon.

+ Reply to Thread