+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Our next free expansion

Our next free expansion

Yes the update looks good? not much to go on there but a date really.

What catches my eye above all else is the wording being used here.
    Our next free update says a million things and nothing at the same time.
    Why would you use the word free now?

Is trove planning on having paid expansions? That's the only real reason you would start using this word I would think.

If your getting away from patron and going on to paid expansions I can see this.. But if I am a patron and I have to buy a expansion.. This is not WOW with amazing servers and content coming out the ying yang... This is trove, I hope they are not planning on a cash grab for a expansion in the future.

Trove 2 with a character migration... OK.. but if I am not getting new servers and a game build on new software a paid expansion does not feel right at all.

Senior Member TheRealBenjiYokai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePrettyOne View Post
    Yes the update looks good? not much to go on there but a date really.

What catches my eye above all else is the wording being used here.
    Our next free update says a million things and nothing at the same time.
    Why would you use the word free now?

Is trove planning on having paid expansions? That's the only real reason you would start using this word I would think.

If your getting away from patron and going on to paid expansions I can see this.. But if I am a patron and I have to buy a expansion.. This is not WOW with amazing servers and content coming out the ying yang... This is trove, I hope they are not planning on a cash grab for a expansion in the future.

Trove 2 with a character migration... OK.. but if I am not getting new servers and a game build on new software a paid expansion does not feel right at all.
    I talked about this in another thread and The King of Darkfire said "DON'T GIVE ANYONE IDEAS BENJI", but I am still skeptical on whether Trove will continue to have free updates. Why are they using 'free'? Are they going to make updates cost money? If they do that it will be a disgusting way to get more money. Hopefully they won't!
    My best ideas: New Lucky Chest and Personal Lobby System
    Follow me on PlayStation Network! My username is Benji_Yokai.
    Owner of I Wanna Be The BUILDERS club!
    I main Lunar Lancer as a Tank DPS class. I only need 1,300 power rank to reach 20K! If you want to do shadow towers with me please let me know

They've called all updates "free expansions" or "free updates" for a loooong time now. No reason to worry. Type in Trove free expansion on Google and you'll see they said the same thing for adventures, as well as many other content updates.

It's probably just a way for trove to capture more keywords in Google searches. Search engine optimization

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealBenjiYokai View Post
    Dragonfire2lm
    ... that was me
    Howdy folks, my PSN is Oddbaum21, the jolly good owner of Darkfire, that apparently has a "fascination" with caps lock. Its not a fascination, more of an obsession. So yeah, if you want an inv to Darkfire, just PSN message me.

Senior Member TheRealBenjiYokai's Avatar
    Oh yeah, sorry. I get names confused sometimes
    My best ideas: New Lucky Chest and Personal Lobby System
    Follow me on PlayStation Network! My username is Benji_Yokai.
    Owner of I Wanna Be The BUILDERS club!
    I main Lunar Lancer as a Tank DPS class. I only need 1,300 power rank to reach 20K! If you want to do shadow towers with me please let me know

Eh, I don't mind.
    Howdy folks, my PSN is Oddbaum21, the jolly good owner of Darkfire, that apparently has a "fascination" with caps lock. Its not a fascination, more of an obsession. So yeah, if you want an inv to Darkfire, just PSN message me.

+ Reply to Thread