+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestions for the Summer Update

Suggestions for the Summer Update

Okay so after to talking to a couple people about the info regarding the upcoming summer update and brainstorming with some friends and clan members I have a few suggestions for the gems and gear side of the "astral" update. (Not gonna go into server performance or new content other than the gear and gem related stuff cause that's a rabbit-hole I really don't wanna go down)

1.) Only add astral gear (Weapons, Hats , Faces, and Rings)
    This will be good enough for bumping up PR and stats for efficient U10 farming and will still keep the current ST system balanced. I don't know what the PR range will be for astral gear but i would assume something in the 1500pr range for a maxed item, this will bump the max PR to about 28k.

2.) DO NOT ADD ASTRAL GEMS
    (I feel this one is pretty obvious but I will explain anyway) The current gem system is plenty grindy as is and would not be helped from a new gem level. The current playerbase has not even grinded out the current gem system as is (from my knowledge no one has obtained the "get every class to 25k pr" badge yet). Adding a new gem tier will more than likely kill the already dwindling playerbase when people who have just finished their grind to 25k or 26k pr figure out that all the work they just did has been essentially been for nothing.

3.)Suggestions for U10 and U10+ (Or whatever the new world or worlds are gonna be)
    Make the entry requirement for U10 or U10+ (if there is gonna be 2 worlds added instead of 1) 20k PR, this makes players grind out the majority of their stellar gems to enter U10, just like the grind to 10k with radiant gems. Now since I hope you guys won't be adding astral gems then I would like the drops in U10 to be gems boxes with a slight twist to what we are used to. Rather than dropping Shadows as commons, radiants as umcommons, and stellars as rares, have the boxes drop only radiant and stellar gems with the karma bar drop being either a guaranteed 2-star gem drop or lower the PR range for the dropped gem to 500 - 600 pr. Or allow the U10 gem boxes to have a rare chance to drop Stellar empowered gems as a karma drop.

Now I have heard a lot of different ideas from a lot of people about what they want out of the summer update and I would love to hear what you guys think so post some more suggestions below and I will try to add them to this list!

2.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #2
    Our next free expansion is already mostly done. There will be changes made based on the PTS feedback but the big ticket items are already in place. We have more news coming this week on what the future of Trove will look like. We recognize that the conjecture comes from an absence of real information from us. Unfortunately, if we want to make meaningful announcements there will need to be some periods of time when we hold our tongues.

What I will say is that most players think what's coming is a linear progression of what they have seen before; it isn't remotely that.

Astral gear and gems aren't a thing. It's important to be clear on that since players have frequently speculated on how those systems will work without realizing they won't exist. The door to future tiers of gear and gems isn't closed, but those are not things happening anytime soon. Think of our next expansion as something completely and utterly new for Trovians everywhere.

You'll only have to wildly speculate for a couple more days anyway, so go to town!
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager, Trove
    Follow me on Twitter!

Read our forum rules before posting, please! |Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Found a bug? Follow these steps to report it and we'll fix it ASAP!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Well there goes everything everyone has been saying the last few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by TheFaceHugger View Post
    2.) DO NOT ADD ASTRAL GEMS
    (I feel this one is pretty obvious but I will explain anyway) The current gem system is plenty grindy as is and would not be helped from a new gem level. The current playerbase has not even grinded out the current gem system as is (from my knowledge no one has obtained the "get every class to 25k pr" badge yet). Adding a new gem tier will more than likely kill the already dwindling playerbase when people who have just finished their grind to 25k or 26k pr figure out that all the work they just did has been essentially been for nothing.
    I will never believe that they will make such an update, where you will need to remove "stellar Gem" and do "new". People will leave the game.
    I think they will make a new improvement to the "old gem" for a "new" one or something similar.
    Perhaps they will remove all parameters from the gems and put one
    Water resistance %
    Air resistance %
    Fire resistance %
    *Shadow resistance %

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    You'll only have to wildly speculate for a couple more days anyway, so go to town!
    Trove in Space!!!!

You just need to take 1 look at the new (cash only) xp potion packs in the store to get some idea of where Trove will probably go. No doubt it will involve the level cap being increased.

Now they have hinted at our gems "evolving" so it may be that every level past 30 will add a % boost to our gems in both raw power and PR (like how the prime dragons boost them by 10%) This way the PR cap can technically be infinite as long as they keep upping the level cap. Your gems stay relevant as they tailor your build and it also makes class leaderboards relevant as top players PR will be based on character level and not about the same players week in and week out who swap their gems about.

They might actually add a talent system to the classes or something like that, it will be a fun way to actually improve combat in Trove and make it seem more personalised.

+ Reply to Thread