+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just a suggestion regarding daily events.

Just a suggestion regarding daily events.

Ok so, this is specifically for the people who work or don't get the chance to do certain daily events.

Why don't you mix it up a bit? What I mean by this is what about mixing up the daily events weekly? So have gem day on Wednesday then the following week have it on a Sunday? Have harvesting day on a Tuesday then the following week have it on a Friday so on and so forth. I find i am missing out on so much in this game all due to myself living a normal life (having a full time job and a child to look after). I rarely get to play the game during the week and really only get time on the weekend when I have a bit of downtime for myself.

What's everyone's opinion on this? Has this been brought up previously? My personal opinion is I think this is a fantastic idea and will help others get things done on a weekend that they couldn't during the previous week.

Senior Member TheRealBenjiYokai's Avatar
    I have posted something similar to this. In my post I suggested that players choose the day of each daily bonus for themselves, once a week on monday because of busy schedules. As a wanna-be programmer who is busy teaching myself Java, and I have school finals, I have hardly any time to be playing Trove.

Your idea is a good idea. Just letting you know
    My best ideas: New Lucky Chest and Personal Lobby System
    Follow me on PlayStation Network! My username is Benji_Yokai.
    Owner of I Wanna Be The BUILDERS club!
    I main Lunar Lancer as a Tank DPS class. I only need 1,300 power rank to reach 20K! If you want to do shadow towers with me please let me know

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealBenjiYokai View Post
    I have posted something similar to this. In my post I suggested that players choose the day of each daily bonus for themselves, once a week on monday because of busy schedules. As a wanna-be programmer who is busy teaching myself Java, and I have school finals, I have hardly any time to be playing Trove.

Your idea is a good idea. Just letting you know
    I'm glad someone agrees. That's exactly what I mean, it would be good for people like us with busy schedules throughout the week. I would love to be able to spend a day farming on gem day but I can't due to work.

Quote Originally Posted by God Goku View Post
    I'm glad someone agrees. That's exactly what I mean, it would be good for people like us with busy schedules throughout the week. I would love to be able to spend a day farming on gem day but I can't due to work.
    I agree 100%. I am glad someone symphasizes with me on my ideas
    Almost everyone who commented on my thread regarding this topic disagreed
    I main Lunar Lancer as a Tank DPS class. I only need 1,300 power rank to reach 20K! If you want to do shadow towers with me please let me know

I think the days should rotate. I don't agree with the choosing what days you get which bonuses, but some kind of change week to week would be great. I personally can't play very much if at all from Thursday thru Sunday due to work.

Friday should be ST day. Dragon day Saturday. Xp sunday...

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrettyOne View Post
    Friday should be ST day. Dragon day Saturday. Xp sunday...
    I thought that ST day could be Friday, I am busy on weekdays.

Suggestion for Daily Events

I started playing this game because it reminded me of the MUDs I played back in the early 90s. They were text-based online games built around a D&D engine. I moderated a few of them and used a system that might alleviate some of the issues with specific days being locked into specific activities....if it's even seen as a problem.

We used a 23 hour boot cycle on the Mud. This ensured that recurring events (some items could only drop once per cycle, so those online at reboot had the advantage) eventually cycled through each time-zone. For Trove, remove one of the events, or combine it with another, and let the game cycle through the remaining 6. Alternatively, add an 8th and let them cycle through.

This would allow events to rotate to different days of the week. We could easily plan around it, and those with limited schedules would periodically get a shot at the event they're after.

+ Reply to Thread