+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [ Dragon ] Archieon, the Dreamer of Drakes

[ Dragon ] Archieon, the Dreamer of Drakes

|| Aʀᴄʜɪᴇᴏɴ, ᴛʜᴇ Dʀᴇᴀᴍᴇʀ ᴏғ Dʀᴀᴋᴇs ||
    " He may never be able to fly, but his aspiration will bring his hopes a reality. "

Replaces the Following

| Download Links [more images!] |
    Trovesaurus | Steam

To-do list:
    Completed, overall model
    Preview of everything
    Clean, Corny, and Customizable Visual Effects [VFX] ✓

Special thanks to the following users:
    MagicMate • WyvernWarrior
    For providing neverending support and faith in this project to be completed, thank you guys so much! ❤
    | Personal Message |
    Ever wonder why we don't have a Dragon that doesn't have wings?
    Well, most probably cause half the population of people are likely to think that they're just Lizards,
    but hey! Come on, some of them have DREAMS!

" Meet, Archieon! A little drake, with the brain of a mastermind, but the soul of a dreamer.
    Poor guy only wants to fly; Unfortunately, with his blood, he can only admire the beauty of his winged friends
    - and the feathery nature around him to enjoy the magnificence of flight.

But that ends now.
    With his Wits, and the era of Steampunk, he was able to whip up some thoroughly crafted
    [totally not stolen off a flying boat] wings to suit his ventures!
    Sadly he's not able to fly completely, but hey, gliding's a start!
    and it's somewhere to put his scales to shrivel at the morning breeze and ocean's waves.. WAIT OCEAN'S WA-- "

- End Transmission

A little description for him whipped up, not really sure how else to explain this story, but I really wanted to create a dragon that didn't have wings initially,
    but only ever had the aspiration to really push forward with his dreams, and create them into a reality.
    I hope this made it clear! Gosh, I think the most difficult part of all this was figuring out how to really make the sails, hahaha!
    I HAAATE when voxels are.. too straight, and are literally one voxel in width, gosh I've yet to fix past mods with that problem, now it's such a big nitpick to me!
    But still! I hope I accomplished the concept, hopefully someday this guy will be able to soar high with his true, flightful friends someday.

Oh, by the way, the Corny note on VFX was meant to be a filler.
    Cause, well, again, I don't really do VFX, so... I wanted to leave that to be empty,
    at the very least to keep it within possible edits. If anyone wants to do any. Just in case.

cool stuff. can we has gif pls?
    Quote Originally Posted by Twixler View Post
    T.T cries quietly

This dragon is absolutely beautiful, I love what you did with the model and the maps overall and I simply adored trying this mod out and I can see that if I will deactivate this mod, it will be because either the dragon is ingame or because I am making my own dragon on that rig

But most importantly, this mod is great because it shows that if you try hard enough you can succeed like how this little drake made a flying machine just because he wanted to hang out with his friends

Okay... First of all, that's unfair of you. Having the dragon already. Second of all, that's a darn cool concept and execution of a dragon.

ooooooooo

< Check out my mods >
    _◕ ༽ R.A.F. Code : QZWEECLGXFKFX2XW7MEW _◕ ༽

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Cicasajt View Post
    cool stuff. can we has gif pls?
    No — because ShareX isn’t nice to me and lags my game when I go into gif mode. :’C
    Maybe someday though! I have yet to learn how to get over the lagginess!
    It might be because of the 50 tabs I constantly have open. :^)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Snek13 View Post
    This dragon is absolutely beautiful, I love what you did with the model and the maps overall and I simply adored trying this mod out and I can see that if I will deactivate this mod, it will be because either the dragon is ingame or because I am making my own dragon on that rig

But most importantly, this mod is great because it shows that if you try hard enough you can succeed like how this little drake made a flying machine just because he wanted to hang out with his friends
    Wait Deactivate? :0c
    It’s unfortunate that you had to deactivate it in terms that you don’t have the dragon and such, [?]
    I recommend just binfab-modding it to try it out, at least until you do have the dragon!
    Personally I’ve led myself to want to buy the Resistor beauty, while alternatively working hard to aim to get the Amperium Serpent! Mainly since, well, Resistor is the Dragon that least clips, among the new dragon rigs. At least, second least clippy compared to Aino’s battle dragon, which is technically the most awesome double headed draggie! >:333
    But overall, I’m glad you got my message of a story, ahaha! :D

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetCAT View Post
    Okay... First of all, that's unfair of you. Having the dragon already. Second of all, that's a darn cool concept and execution of a dragon.
    *secretly isn’t going to totally slip that I binfab-modded it to test in game cause I’m a pleb and I’ve yet to actually farm for the dragon myself,*
    O-oh! Y-yeah! It was totally the dragon that I uh, Wanted to throw out the moment I obtained the rig! Tooootally! :^^^)))))))))

But to be fair, thank you ahaha! It was fun to play around with lore and stories, and probably maybe just a slapped on hopefulness or “dreams never die, and persevere with them” reminder!
    Thank you again, and I’m glad it delivered the best way that it could! >:DD

Quote Originally Posted by Acculluz View Post
    ooooooooo
    Whhheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

This is absolutely beautiful! The palette is perfect, the colors of the skin complement the subtle browns and yellows of the gear so well. The design of this overall is so nice, it has a great amount of simplicity, it really just goes to show that you don’t have to get too intricate with designs to get an idea across. It’s so clean, I love that! I definitely have to compliment you on those wings, I most certainly agree that completely single-voxel widths of most sorts of trim look off, so I’m really glad you gave it a thicker trim across the canvas. Even though the top of the wings are a single voxel thick, the way you made it flow into the thicker branches gave it a more smooth look, that transition is really satisfying, ahaha! Aside from all of the amazing canvas pieces, I love the little things you added just as much. I can see all of the straps, which emphasizes your idea of it being gear rather than a part of him. Because of the larger chest, the straps are more visible on that body segment, so I’m not sure why, but it reminded me of a little kid wearing a backpack, which makes this look all the more adorable! And even though it’s such a small detail, I love the little bundle of canvas on the back of the saddle! And gosh, those goggles are perfect, and they add on to the kid look even more so [and er mah gerd I just realized how perfectly this goes with Arcanium Admiral when I thought about the goggles ahhhhH]

Even though it has such an amazing design, my favorite part of all of this is the concept and background. This is just such a cute story! I never would have thought to have a dragon that actually can’t fly as a background, that’s so original! And then, to think that he gave it his all to achieve his goal and succeeded, gosh. There’s something inherently adorable about this, just the way he looked up at his fellow brethren, longing to be up there with them. It’s a simple example of how perseverance can get you places you didn’t think you could go, including soaring with dragons, showing that even the sky isn’t the limit. [Okay that has to be the cheesiest thing I’ve ever said but STILL HUE] Even if he had failed, it’s his endurance and determination that gets me. I think what makes this concept so cute to me is the resemblance to every kid’s dream to fly, and he’s just the same. He’s a dreamer, and even in that little passage of a background, I can see the character traits he has. I think what really makes this story great is that he has admirable qualities that can be inferred from his actions and dreams.

The design of the dragon pairs so well with the backstory, where his adorable details match the childlike aspirations he has. Honestly, this is just a freaking amazing mod! I only wish that I had been around to see its progress, I love it so much! I’m impressed with how much thought was put into this, gosh, this all came together so nicely. This is a great mod on so many levels. Fantastic job!

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious View Post
    No — because ShareX isn’t nice to me and lags my game when I go into gif mode. :’C
    Maybe someday though! I have yet to learn how to get over the lagginess!
    It might be because of the 50 tabs I constantly have open. :^)
    gifcam works on any garbage computer. even on mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Twixler View Post
    T.T cries quietly

woooo this dragon looks great ! please bring it in game Tron its awesome !
    IGN: SuperShiva Founder / Leader of Faz Esse

Oh, yeah, more Steampunk stuff!

I just love how it turned out; the whole design in general aswell as the small details from the goggles to the li'l sails as fins. The backstory is really charming, too. Also, the screenshots are amazing, I should learn how to make them so pretty and clean.

Well, uhh, I can't find the words to compliment this mod enough, I wholeheartedly support it, we do need a Steampunk-themed dragon in-game!
    In-Game Name: MagicMate | Mastery Rank: 400+
    Mods:

+ Reply to Thread