+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trove Livestream Notes 11/05/2018

Post Trove Livestream Notes 11/05/2018

Welcome to the latest live stream notes thread!

This week the team showed off the upcoming PVP mode Trove Bomber Royale.
    The update will hit PTS around next week. Overall destruction over precise aiming. a good mix of skills and movement.

We understand the sensitivity of mastery around PVP. Were still debating if the offerred rewards are exclusive. The items offerred right now do have mastery but we will look at how it works and people engage with the system. If its not working out, we will look at other ways of players getting the rewards. We understand that some people dont like all aspects of the game. We will evaluate as it progresses.

Before the match as you wait for people, you spawn in a glass cage above the map before dropping down into the map to start the battle.

Start out with rubber bomb and climbing claw ability as you start.
    Energy refills over time as no one starts with it.
    Rubber bombs bounce once then explodes on next surface.
    When you kill a player, they drop their powerups.
    Powerups obtained can be leveled up in game to level 4, reduces cooldown.
    You can only hold 1 health powerup at a time
    Using the big health powerup will reduce your speed though.
    One powerup allows 3 bombs thrown to make a pool of lava on its explosion to deform the map nicely.

Powerups can be found around the map as you explore such as sticky bombs.
    Play with any class, it wont matter as all classes gain the same abilities.
    Beat players via damage or get them to fall off the map and you gain a little bit of health by killing people too.
    Banners do not work in this mode.
    Bomber royale replaces the old pvp but the old pvp can still be accessed via club pvp portals.

The end game screen shows the player rankings, time alive, kills in the match and how many powerups picked up. If you die, you can leave and join a new game so you don't have to wait as long.

You'll also have a reward section that rewards for first kill, and the usual 1st 2nd 3rd place. Looking into having a route to obtain battle boxes through this system but not direct. The rewards will not be as difficult to get as previous battle boxes.
    Reward coins are not tradeable.

Questions and Answers Session:

Is there a fix for the squished textboxes in the works?
    Yes, definately.

What else is in the summer update?
    A lot more, we'll talk about later.

Will upkeep of Bomber royale take away from the rest of the game?
    No.

Any plans for people just dying fast for xp?
    You get rewarded by doing, you cant just afk and get rewards and exp that way?

Will starfire fragments be expanded to all shadow tower enemies?
    No current plans for that.

Are the new classes not allowed to use the class coin unlock?
    Looking to move away from the class coin system and learn from the vanguardian release. Working on a way to fairly absorb the remaining class coins.

Can firelands elemental world map get a rework, its the only world map that does not showcase islands where dungeons can be found?
    Longstanding bug and has been mentioned in previous streams. We plan to fix but its not an immediate priority right now.

Any plans to add more content that players can build custom arenas for?
    Probably not, club worlds are really expensive when it comes to system resources. Working on reducing those resources, after the summer update we will be putting a fair amount of effort into optimisations like that.

Will we get a new gem type, like say earth?
    No spoilers on this yet. New types of gems are a candidate to be a component of the U10+ release which is targeted for later this year.

When will there be more colour variation on blocks?
    Not colour variation but we have more types of blocks coming in the summer update.

Will some of the early Luxion items make a reappearance?

Yes, they will come back around in the future.

That ends this round of info from the stream, tune in next week for potentially more info on what the rest of the big summer update will be. Take care, enjoy your gaming!

IGN: Shirokiri | Discord: Shirokiri#4720 | Community Superstar | Trove Livestream Recapper
    Mastery: 540+

2.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #2
    First!

Thanks, Shiro!

3.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #3
    Lol steve with the ‘first!’

SECOND! Ty shiro-bacon
    Discord handle: Twixler#9941

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokiri View Post
    The rewards will not be as difficult to get as previous battle boxes.
    I surely hope so, if they're personal progression items then you'd want to force players to be in this pvp game mode the bare minimum possible.
    I enjoyed watching all the peoples at trion play it on stream though, and i'll be optimistic until it goes on pts.

Also, Third :3
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: 100,341 | Total Power Rank: 346,429 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 701 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

Its bad enough that you gave PvP any mastery at all. Please don't add more. I personally hate PvP content if its not just messing around with a full premade with 0 intent to win. The fact that you added the ability to gain stats from PvP that can't even be used in PvP is silly and quite frankly upsetting. PvP was never even supposed to be in the game and when you did add it you claimed it would just be a fun minigame. What kind of minigame you are just supposed to play for fun has stat boosts gated behind it? Thats not fun.

I hope "learning from the vanguardian release" means you learned that it was an awful implementation. The costs are so ridiculously high and gating a class behind random hourly challenges was a bad idea.

And why do you guys bother asking for questions to answer on stream if all you are going to respond with is "maybe", "we'll tell you later" or "eventually". I understand wanting to keep things quiet until they are ready, but if you don't want to talk about anything beyond what you are planning on showing then don't ask us for questions.

Now that the negativity is out of the way. I wasn't particularly interested in this stream, but I am excited for the stream next week if what they say about it being a huge amount of content is true. Here's hoping that includes server optimizations.

The pace need to be more intense and faster, like platform that will disappear once walk over, leaving lesser ground to move/hide.

Looking forward to test on PTS.

I hope this summer update have content that have depth that could last and not just time gate/grind relate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrid View Post
    I hope "learning from the vanguardian release" means you learned that it was an awful implementation. The costs are so ridiculously high and gating a class behind random hourly challenges was a bad idea.

And why do you guys bother asking for questions to answer on stream if all you are going to respond with is "maybe", "we'll tell you later" or "eventually". I understand wanting to keep things quiet until they are ready, but if you don't want to talk about anything beyond what you are planning on showing then don't ask us for questions.
    I think that a class that we can farm, that doesn't use Chaos Chore but materials from a new biome/sub biome of sorts is amazing, but I do agree that gatting it through hourly rewards was a cheap shot. We know the devs need money to keep things going, but this decision just feels forced so we "have" to buy the Vanguardian, or take a lot of time to craft it. Anyway, I really enjoy the perspective of farming up a class instead of going into the chaos crafter and making it, but the values need to be toned down or at least not gated.

For the question part, I believe that if any dev would as much whisper some feature, people will forever be "so when's feature" untill the end of the day. Keeping us in the dark allows them to test stuff without pressure and without creating hype. Look at how much time they took to implement the Lunar costumes, and the files were in the game for a long time, basically all streams had at least one question about the costumes. I believe that when the dev's are more certain about what they will show, they'll talk about it more openly, but untill then...

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    First!

Thanks, Shiro!
    Didn't you say a while back that you'd post responses to all questions asked in the dev questions in the recap so we'd all get a response?

New types of gems are a candidate to be a component of the U10+ release which is targeted for later this year.
    type!=tier
    If they add a new tier of gems, with noway to get our old gems to that tier, alot will quit, myself including. Please just make us able to upgrade our gems for 50k dust to the next tier, people are more willing to grind that than grinding a full new set of gems
    IGN: Dark_Xiphles

Quote Originally Posted by Lerand View Post
    For the question part, I believe that if any dev would as much whisper some feature, people will forever be "so when's feature" untill the end of the day. Keeping us in the dark allows them to test stuff without pressure and without creating hype. Look at how much time they took to implement the Lunar costumes, and the files were in the game for a long time, basically all streams had at least one question about the costumes. I believe that when the dev's are more certain about what they will show, they'll talk about it more openly, but untill then...
    That was kinda my point. People are most interested in the stuff we don't know about, but they consistently ask for questions as if they aren't expecting us to ask questions they cant/wont answer.
    Ideally they would be giving us some idea of the focus of the stream and asking for questions about said topic, instead they pick the questions that they don't actually answer so they can pretend they are interacting with the community.

+ Reply to Thread