+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Great Dragon Coin Famine --- Is the trust gone?

Senior Member TheRealBenjiYokai's Avatar

Exclamation The Great Dragon Coin Famine --- Is the trust gone?

Rampages are cool and all, but I seriously do not like it when most of the hourly challenges are rampages on Friday. I think it is a bad idea to have most of hourly challenges on Friday to be Rampages. Don't believe me? One Friday, I played for 12 hours straight because I am addicted to this game. In that 12 hours, I only got 2 Dragon Challenges! Now I don't know who decided to make rampages and challenges both hourly, and I'm not going to look into that, but this needs to change! Here are some ideas I have found on the forums...
    1. Make a challenge merchant
    I don't remember who made this but what it is, you go on a challenge (either rampage or dragon challenge) and when you complete it, you get some coins to trade in with a merchant at the hub for dragon coins and lesser dragon caches, or lesser neon caches. You also get a grand coin for the first challenge of the day, which is exchangeable for 5 dragon coins or 1 sentient shard.
    2. Make Rampages at an offset of 1/2 hour
    3. Remove Rampages from Friday
    Those were the best suggestions I found on the forums.
    This was yet another silly decision from Trion Worlds. You are killing your game. Before you send an update, please get our feedback and make appropriate modifications. Although Trion Worlds is not greedy for money like Cubic Games (combat level update in Pixel Gun ruined the game), they need to take our morale and opinions into mind before they release updates like this. Because of this, I have decided to change my 5-star rating of this game.
    I would give this game 2 stars but there are too many positive aspects, and customer support is quick to answer my emails, so I am giving them 4 stars.
    My best ideas: New Lucky Chest and Personal Lobby System
    Follow me on PlayStation Network! My username is Benji_Yokai.
    Owner of I Wanna Be The BUILDERS club!
    I main Lunar Lancer as a Tank DPS class. I only need 1,300 power rank to reach 20K! If you want to do shadow towers with me please let me know

Heyo Benji! Didn't know you were active on the forums. You probably noticed I posted a dragon challenge post earlier yesterday. Glad to see you agree. I'm sure everyone else does as well... I specifically made this forums account for this issue alone. I just can't handle the amount of rampages anymore. Ironically enough, when heroes update was first released and people were scavenging for plasma among other items for vanguardian/dragons/plasma vendor... Rampages were scarce... Now since time has gone by and most people have already received most of the heroes update items, it's the other way around... Mostly rampage and very little dragon challenges. It's sad and it almost feels as if Trion scripts it to be this certain way. Otherwise it would be completely random and spontaneous.

I mentiond this in a post a few weeks ago my response from fasti was that they have no plans of doing anything...so essentially theyre saying if you want dragon coins pay for them...its ridiculus the amount of rampages they are fun but way to abundent....new players arent gonna be getting a dragon for quite a while never mind luxion loot. Devs have no idea how to balance the game and i swear noone there actually takes any feedback on issues like this they basically want your money or they think they know all....look at vangaurd crafting requirements. It took a month for them to finally go hmmmm maybe we should let them get more plasmium from chests.

I canít believe you guys thank rampages are fun. I hate them. They are so annoying I donít even do them because they take way too long and are just tedious. Where is the fun? I seriously hate everything about them, from when the obtrusive and annoying banner pops up until they are gone. I canít even be in neon city during rampages because the rampage bosses are just everywhere when your trying to ignore them.

I'm an old CB player on PC that has been thru most of the changes/updates to the game. Some very good and some incredibly bad. Some very good that were badly implemented and I feel rampages fit into the latter category.

As I posted in Herbalist420's and asked in the dev questions thread I think rampages should be on the 1/2 hour and they can still keep the 25% chance to pop and players that need dragon coins can have every opportunity to get them.
    Officer for Garden of Wool

Quote Originally Posted by drbubblesps4 View Post
    I can’t believe you guys thank rampages are fun. I hate them. They are so annoying I don’t even do them because they take way too long and are just tedious. Where is the fun? I seriously hate everything about them, from when the obtrusive and annoying banner pops up until they are gone. I can’t even be in neon city during rampages because the rampage bosses are just everywhere when your trying to ignore them.
    I enjoy them because I'm in a great club and it's an amazing team effort every time.
    Officer for Garden of Wool

My only problem is that I used to get more dragon coins prior to the Heroes update. Having a challenge every hour made it more likely to receive 2 lesser caches and hit the 25 coin RNG chance. Even then I found getting dragons a bit of a slow process, but none the less, it was definitely faster than it is currently. I would highly suggest Trion to at least keep Friday as equal amounts of rampages/dragon challenges... If on friday's 90% are rampages, then dragon day is almost pointless and they should just take away that daily bonus... Literally no point of it lol (with the exception of farming CD/PD/DSD frags for flux). As for making more dollars, that's also perfectly understandable since Trove is a free to play game. However, I've spent over 200 USD on this game so far and I've spent about 700 USD on Archeage in the past, which is also a Trion game. I will continue to spend more $ because I do believe Trion to be speedy in terms of customer service, my only concern would be that Trion should focus just a little more on satisfying their community as opposed to working against them. People who spend money are dedicated players who will continue to spend more despite them trying to take away dragon coins and make it a luxury.

Perhaps the devs will one day notice that this is actually a pretty big problem. I read daily and especially on friday's, of the extensive amount of players complaining about there not being enough dragon challenges anymore. It's honestly getting a bit old and annoying to hear people whining all the time. If the ratio 60%/40% or 70%/30% for rampage/d challenge is true... That's fine as well, but AT LEAST make friday's 50%/50% ...

Senior Member TheRealBenjiYokai's Avatar
    Thank all of you for feedback. I am glad that ya'll notice that this problem and that it needs to be fixed. A shoutout goes to Herbalist420, Mandros, and Kushformybong because you all gave feedback. This is a serious problem because new players and dragon coin farmers for Luxion are not getting any coins. It was ironic that Trion Worlds made Rampages incredibly rare and when everyone got the cool items, Trion Worlds finally made Rampages occur more often. I am not as comfortable on spending money on this game as I was before, but I will still spend some money because of customer service, and Trion Worlds has never really made their game pay-to-win.
    My best ideas: New Lucky Chest and Personal Lobby System
    Follow me on PlayStation Network! My username is Benji_Yokai.
    Owner of I Wanna Be The BUILDERS club!
    I main Lunar Lancer as a Tank DPS class. I only need 1,300 power rank to reach 20K! If you want to do shadow towers with me please let me know

+ Reply to Thread