+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rampages on fridays...

Quote Originally Posted by TJ13 View Post
    Then how is it that the past 2 fridays now there have been more "Rampages" on friday than any other given day?
    It's likely just by chance. Another friday there will probably be a low number of rampages. Technically there's no reason by design there couldn't be a dragon challenge and rampage at the same time. It is true that people don't like the inconsistency on both sides. I think it would be wise to consider if we really want rampages to be nerfed on fridays specifically as a solution, because in a few months time, I reckon it's going to be harder to find decent groups. I've noticed that if I'm a bit late, and try to find rampages, I already get sent to people by themselves, or invited by a group of 1 or 2 people, while a lot of people have low rampage dps setups. As time will go on, higher end people will mostly be done with rampages, while only newbies will need to do it which may make it insanely hard to complete all 3 tiers. Plus there's been times in a small group of people there would be no new boss for several minutes towards the end of the rampage. There also seems to be no spawns towards the start too...

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    You can't plan for it if you have something like a job, or other major obligations like kids and just all the small things life usually requires of you on a daily basis, the game has to cater to people that can only be on for a couple of hours a day, at specific hours, the current random system does support that.
    no it doesn't, the current random system lowers the chance for the right challenge greatly, and with rotation there are enough chances for each challenge during the day to allow the vast majority to plan for that.
    Only thing rotation decreases is the days with 9-10 rampages in 1 day which are very nice for people who can be online a lot, it will NOT be worse for people who can only play a few hours a day.

I had an idea a month or two ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubthulu View Post
    Slightly more complicated, my idea for a solution would be that there are 6 cycles per day. Each cycle will guarantee 1 of each challenge. This divides perfectly into the 24 hours in a day. The order of the 4 challenges in each cycle would be randomized, this way we solve the negative RNG element while also keeping a positive, pseudo-RNG feeling at the same time. If it doesn't feel varied enough, it could always be extended into 3 double-length cycles with each challenge appearing twice per cycle instead.
    I'd love some criticism here to improve my idea, but sadly it seems the developers have no intent on implementing a new system, therefore rendering any new idea (regardless of ingenuity) moot.

The funny thing is that back then we were brainstorming a better solution for too few rampages.

IGN:
    Scrubthulu | Main: Chloromancer | T. Mastery: 450+ | Transmog: Higher Halo, Coping Optics

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    You can't plan for it if you have something like a job, or other major obligations like kids and just all the small things life usually requires of you on a daily basis, the game has to cater to people that can only be on for a couple of hours a day, at specific hours, the current random system does support that.
    It's great you know better what can I do or can't. Especially if I have both job and kids.
    If you let me decide what is better for me in a couple of hours a day, I'd say that current system is worst ever.
    Free Class Coin for Mastery Below 20 - Refer-A-Friend Code

Something has to change. The idea of having a bonus potentially be blocked by RNG seems like bad design IMO. Whether it's weighting rampages less on fridays or removing them entirely on fridays or changing how challenges work or making rampages not be challenges I don't care. I need dragon coins and they are the hardest thing to get when making dragons.

Pls let me refer you kthx
    Code: XP7LYQ2M929GH66XZEJH

6.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #66
    Heya folks,

Jumping in to remind you all that if your objective is to have the team remove Rampages from Friday it can't be achieved by demeaning or dismissing the concerns of other players. It's good to feel strongly about things, but don't use the forums to pick fights with each other.

I've raised the issue with the dev team and if any changes arise from it we'll be sure to get the word out. I'll leave the thread open for now but will close it up and infract any players who posts after this in an attempt to dismiss the perspective of another player.

Quote Originally Posted by Woofbottoms View Post
    Something has to change. The idea of having a bonus potentially be blocked by RNG seems like bad design IMO. Whether it's weighting rampages less on fridays or removing them entirely on fridays or changing how challenges work or making rampages not be challenges I don't care. I need dragon coins and they are the hardest thing to get when making dragons.
    Plus with Luxion showing up with items that you cannot get in game anymore, you need more dragon coins in order to be able to make those purchases on top of the original goal of earning coins for the dragons. I have found that my dragon acquisition on the alt accounts has halted as the dragon coins are now going to Luxion.

8.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorvik View Post
    Plus with Luxion showing up with items that you cannot get in game anymore, you need more dragon coins in order to be able to make those purchases on top of the original goal of earning coins for the dragons. I have found that my dragon acquisition on the alt accounts has halted as the dragon coins are now going to Luxion.
    We hear you. Without a change to the system tech the only option would be to reduce Rampages across the board (which we'd really rather not do with the importance of Sentience Shards). We're going to talk to the right people to see what options we have for changing the tech behind how Challenges work. If there are changes that can be made to address this issue they will be months down the road. We're not closing the door on anything but we're not going to take immediate action without having a clear view of the long term effects.

Please hang in there while we dig into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    We hear you. Without a change to the system tech the only option would be to reduce Rampages across the board (which we'd really rather not do with the importance of Sentience Shards). We're going to talk to the right people to see what options we have for changing the tech behind how Challenges work. If there are changes that can be made to address this issue they will be months down the road. We're not closing the door on anything but we're not going to take immediate action without having a clear view of the long term effects.

Please hang in there while we dig into this.
    Instead of reducing the rampages, why not reduce the amount of things that include the sentience shards.
    Or have another way of getting them (As an example: Get one Sentience shard no matter what challenge it is, since it can only happen on the first rampage anyways as of right now)

So first game
    (Dragon) You get 5 coins.
    (Rampage) Sentience shard
    After that you don't get those.
    Why not add dragon coins to rampages and have them drop the Lesser dragon caches along side lesser neon ones?

Hey guys! I don't know if anybody ever brought this thought to this thread or to others, but here's a thing I've been thinking with my friends for some time now...

There are 4 types of Challenges, right? (Rampages, Coin Challenges, Racing Challenges and Biome Challenges)
    And they all last for 20 minutes, right?

I was thinking the challenges shouldn't just pop up every top of the hour. Why not keep them always running? Lemme explain this in a better way, please read to the end.
    If a Coin Challenge starts at 1PM, then right after that one ends (1:20PM), a Rampage starts. After the Rampage ends, then the Racing one starts (1:40PM). After that one ends at 2PM, a Biome Challenge starts, and the cycle starts all over again.

Why would this be a benefit? People would already know at which times of the day the challenges they want to go to would appear. They wouldn't have to wait until the next hour to see IF there would be the challenge they need. They would know that, in this system, all the challenges would have a previously established hour to appear.

So, we have some advantages:
    - People wouldn't get mad at waiting until the next top of an hour to see if they would get a Rampage or not.
    - The same challenge would pop up every 1 hour and 20 minutes, so this would be a lot easier for people to organize themselves and their time while playing.
    - You already put the option for people to remove that window in which the challenge appears, by pressing "I" on the keyboard, so people could remove that from their field of vision whenever they wanted to, even if the window itself would be always there otherwise.

I honestly don't see any downsides about this, but of course, I would love to read what other people have to think about this. If anyone else have already talked about this, could someone please let me know as well?

And lemme add something here:
    If people think that, in that way, we would have too many challenges, maybe we could adjust that to better fit the hour and the current state.
    As far as I'm aware, and for what I've noticed so far, Racing and Biome Challenges are the ones which appear less often.
    So, we could make this system fit into 1 hour.
    We could start with Rampages at 1PM, then go to Coin Challenges at 1:20PM and then we would have the Biome or Racing Challenges, which would take turns every other hour. So, at 1:40PM we could have a Racing Challenge. The cycle would began again, with Rampage, then Coin which would end by 2:40PM. With that, we would have a Biome Challenge this time, and the cycle begins again.
    If it were to be like this, there would be 2 other advantages:
    - We would still have less of the challenges that have less chances to pop up.
    - We would always know that at every top of hour, there would be that same type of Challenge. This would be different than the first thing I said here because, with that one, we would have to wait 1 hour and 20 minutes for the same type of challenge to pop up again, but with this other option here, we would only have to wait an hour for the Coin and Rampage challenges, which already appear more.

If anything became unclear with this explanation, please let me know and I'll try to explain again. I would really love to read what you guys have to say about this idea as well, specially the devs (I would really like to know if this could even be applicable to the game). <3

+ Reply to Thread