+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another week i can't progress...

Another week i can't progress...

Week after week opening Empowered Gem boxes to not get a single one worth equipping has totally halted my progression. 9 boxes from the contest and not 1 stellar even...
    Buy more with Lunar Souls? Ofc not, need those for reroller's if i ever even get a stellar gem with 2 decent stats on it.
    Buy tome for 250k to get 1 more of these awful things per week? Lol, c'mon now...

I mean i have watched youtubers opening countless amounts of these things, just to get a heaping dose of disappointment...then use all the frag's for guaranteed stellars just to loot collect all of those.
    Will Trion EVER give us non-rng ways to get a gem we actually want? Or maybe at least a grindable way to farm up some of these things. Even looking to the cash shop and ready to cringe at the prices, i saw only buying Booster boxes with a minuscule chance for an Emp box as an option...and well, that would be ridiculous to do.

I came back to try Trove again after 2 years away and brought 2 friends with me who are also extremely frustrated with the horrible rng of this game, and i don't even know what to tell them.
    We wanna have fun, but instead are constantly left feeling disappointed and frustrated...which is not what we want out of any game.

Another week i'll do Shadow Tower and then play elsewhere i guess until another chance at good old rng.

You can loot collect unwanted empowered gems for empowered shards, and use those to get guaranteed stellar empowered gems.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Mastery: 84,850 | Total Power Rank: 338,783 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 689 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687 | Gem Rerolling Issue | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    You can loot collect unwanted empowered gems for empowered shards, and use those to get guaranteed stellar empowered gems.
    I mention that, so i'm aware of it. The few times i had enough to make a guaranteed stellar, it was also junk that went right into the loot collector.
    I mean does anyone actually level up a junk 1 star / 2 stat stellar? You just end up with a lvl 25 piece of garbage that you wasted a lot of resources on...and then what, augment the heck outa it? Plz...

Back when the MoP update originally came out, my gem RNG was so bad that I reached 10K PR on my Boomer with only my class gem being stellar. Everything else was Rad. So, while I understand and have experienced this same gem RNG frustration, there are still other things that you can be doing in the game to help advance yourself in the game. Getting 3 stat Stellar Empowered gems are not the only thing that you can be working on in this game.
    1.) Level alt classes (Grind XP) so that you have all classes to 5K PR for the weekly contests.
    2.) Grind for better lesser gems, and gem dust.
    3.) Grind the Hourly challenges for Dragon coins and more dragons.
    4.) farm (Grind) mats for leveling your Prof's (Ringcrafting, Runecrafting).
    5.) Fishing (Another Prof, but I dont call fishing grinding.)
    6.) Collect all those recipie scrolls. (Grind Scrolls)
    7.) Work on collecting stuff for Mastery (4, 5, and 6 do this) (Grind other stuff)

If you don't have decent empowered gems yet, that is far more important than saving for rerolls. You get 18 per week with patron anyway.

I have some empathy for the OP. I just went backwards on my GS tonight thanks to the godawful triple layered RNG mess that is the gem system.

Well over 50% (probably closer to 60%) of my boosts go into CH so I am reliant on chaos sparks. It has taken months of saving up lunar souls to re-roll 2 of the gems on my 21k GS and I have had to do the same thing on my VanG as none of the rolls went in to PD on the empowered gems - one of them rolled 3 times in to CH as did one of the lessers. I rolled the MD off my water gem as surprise it had no boosts and then rolled off the CH - it cycled between health, PD, health, PD then back to CH before I ran out of chaos sparks. I was hoping to improve my low coef from around the 2 million mark to edge closer to around the 3 million mark. Now I have an empowered gem with no MD on it, the CH is back to where it was (now I am back to 120% CH) and my coef is down to 1.3 million or whatever it is. I'm not bothering with Ultra STs with that and no-one is going to want me in there with such a low coef. I might as well tickle DD or DoTM for all the the negligible damage I'm doing.

I don't mind grinding if I am rewarded but the gem system in this game is far from rewarding. If I grind for hours to get a gem with the right stats then I have to be lucky with the boosts. If'm not lucky with the boosts then I have to be lucky with what the system decides to roll my stat on to. If I'm not lucky with that then I am in the position I am in now where I have to yet again spend weeks saving up a time gated resource so I can craft enough chaos sparks to hopefully get the stats I want on just 1 poxy gem. If I wanted to play games of chance there are plenty of gambling websites I could join!! But to waste so much time grinding or having to wait such long time because of a time gated resource only for RNG to kick in and send you backwards is a real kick in the teeth.

I would have rage quite the game tonight thanks to this utter garbage of a gem system that is pure luck more than anything - luckily I am in a primary club with an awesome community and that is what keeps me playing.

But I do hate this stupid RNG gem system with a passion and there have been some great suggestions on the forums already about how to improve it - I quite like the idea of using a different resource to re-roll the stats and then use the lunar souls to lock it in. I think it was Summer or Chronozilla who suggested this.

Trion tried to do something different by having the Monday bonus so we could do more re-rolls which while is appreciated it only papers over the cracks in a horrible system that likes to switch between the same unwanted stats multiple times and not the one you actually want. I know there is also the chance to get chaos sparks from lustrous gem boxes but again that is down to RNG when you actually get them to drop and whether you actually get one from the box when they do drop. So the answer to flawed RNG is to pop more RNG over the top? I think plenty of others also suggested that the stats round robin so you have some idea when the stat you want will come up so you would have to think about how many you will need and plan accordingly. This would be a far more interesting system than crafting as many chaos sparks as you have resources for and hoping for the best.

+ Reply to Thread