+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Adventurine farming feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    If the quests auto-refreshed or even if there were much longer quests that actually rewarded as equally as the shorter ones, getting adventurine would be far more tolerable, the way it is now, I hate it.
    This is the money maker idea right here. Let me pick the 3 or so quests I want to do, and then simply add a reward for x, and pay that award every x and let me farm.

If you're going to make your game with shallow game play about grinding stuff, then at least let me grind. Gem quests are an awesome example of a good idea implemented in a truly terrible way. Did the genius who thought this up realize people speed farm and can complete 5 dungeons in a very short amount of time? I'll bet they didn't.

Thumbs up to this thread, but I wanted to add a few thoughts from someone who doesn't have a massive club with huge benefits (the largest one I'm part of only got to lvl 3 before it died).

1) Weekly club goals for huge rewards would get me playing more often and regularly, would be a great idea, lots of people like feeling they're helping a larger cause even if they play solo. 500 dungeon kills for 10k club experience once a week would be fun and entertaining, even if that number went up with larger clubs and levels. (500 would be pretty easy for me and my BF to knock out in a single day, but it'd probably take that entire day to do it.)

2) I only found out by accident yesterday that I could continue grinding hero quest adventures for club exp even after I hit my adventurine cap. I stared at all the heroes summoned across five clubs and.... Not one of them was a Neon biome hero. With the Luminopolis and boss rush update, this is almost the ONLY biome I'm spending my time in to grind current "end game" materials and MR items. With no Neon hero, I ignore my clubs for anything other than being a fast world warp when the main hub is lagging too much to be functional. I was at least pleased to discover the Outpost quests was also giving Club exp, but it doesn't actually seem to SAY this anywhere in the system until I passively look at my club's exp bar. There's also no where in the UI that tells me how many adventurine giving quests I still have to do.

3) Needing both club exp and adventurine to maintain the club seems counter intuitive. Club Exp demonstrates that the system can totally keep track of multiple people across multiple clubs in multiple worlds. So why not just have exp earned act like a banked currency itself and leave the Adventurine as NPC currency? See previous suggestions of weekly club goals.

4) Loading screens is a bit less of an issue to me, but as a smaller club owner, the current system has clearly been against us and the Devs have no intention of incentivizing people who dont want to grow past ten players. Its hard to care about a system where the developers have almost literally stated "Be social or you get no perks." I can only host new players for about a day where they go through my donation vaults to help people under 5k PR, loot everything they think is valuable, and leave for a club with better bonuses. I used to be able to retain a newbie for at least a week before they found a club more suited for their social needs.

5) Stealth exp reduction was done to all outpost quests is not going to stop me from farming outpost quests and ignoring my club. (I went from getting 130k exp per turn in on a non-bonus day with no exp pot or patron to only getting 60k exp, and I cant find anything about a nerf in patch notes. Did they give me patron at some point while I wasnt looking? I don't know!)
    Knight : 22/7.6 Guns : 18/5.9 Fae : 30/8.9 Draco : 30/10.8 Neon : 20/7.9 Barb : 20/6.8 Sage : 19/6.6 Hunt : 30/8.6 Pirate : 30/12.4 Boom : 30/15.2 Tomb : 30/13.8 Lunar : 17/6.9 Rev :17/6.6 Chloro : 30/18.5 Dino : 17/7.2 Vang : 0/0

Having to teleport back and forth between worlds is the huge issue here, and its already been brought up in this thread. Having to change worlds twice every time you collect 5 gem boxes is a huge chore. I wish the quests were either longer and rewarded more to scale, or auto refreshed.

I've noticed in my club as well that less and less people are out farming adventureine. after your club gets to max level and most players already have most of the adventureine rewards, there is very little point for people to continue.
    IGN: VoltRabbit Officer of: Garden of Wool

Quote Originally Posted by VoltStar View Post
    after your club gets to max level and most players already have most of the adventureine rewards, there is very little point for people to continue.
    That is exactly my point, thank you. After people already get the MR adventurine rewards, they are literally sick of, done with, and past the club update. They don't want to touch adventurine anymore because there is no need for them. Clubs are struggling to figure out ways to help incentivize their regular members to keep donating to them, because why go through all that effort when you can just go to another club and use them as a stat stick without doing a single thing? I get that there are too many clubs and not enough members to really sustain all of them but, I really think people would be willing to put forth the work if the adventurine system was not such a brainless chore, and yes, people have already said it over and over...the loading screens is not helping this. The fact that medium - large clubs are feeling the heat from previous update is pretty alarming. If we are suffering, just imagine what smaller clubs are going through, or have been going through.

I'm just going to add that, this club update was meant to HELP clubs and spark more social interaction, when in fact it did literally the complete opposite. It is KILLING off clubs and incentivizing players to just script their way through the update to get the MR items, and then leave communities to rot by leeching off of bigger ones. To each their own, I don't mind what people choose to do, but the whole purpose of this update has done pretty much the complete opposite. Club update = a big stat stick.

What is the point of building in this game if the only purpose clubs have is just to be used for practical reasons (benches, portals etc) and be a giant stat stick? Adventurine system is so bad that people don't even WANT to go back to club world to get quests. All those buildings and countless hours of creativity down the toilet because Trove is not a RPG. It is just a MMO.
    RECRUITING: THE NORTH & FAZ ESSE || MASTERY: 430+ || Be wary of this scam/exploit!

5.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #25
    When creating threads please make the name something that specifically indicates the topic of the post. I've renamed this thread accordingly.
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager, Trove
    Follow me on Twitter!

Read our forum rules before posting, please! |Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Found a bug? Follow these steps to report it and we'll fix it ASAP!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Invest in rent reduction fixtures and make sure you have the merchant for the daily 300 clubit claim. sadly there are compromises that have to be made when you're behind like this.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Mastery: 87,316 | Total Power Rank: 340,562 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Gem Rerolling Issue | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 699 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

Adventurine isn't a problem for me, but my club has completely stopped gaining experience since the heroes update came out. Now that outposts are a thing, people just get their adventurine from that while farming for experience. Either outpost quests need to give club experience for your primary club, or club quests need to start giving player experience as well. Unless the system changes, my club is probably going to be stuck on level 1 forever.

A. I think the club experience requirement to level up is waaaaaaaaaay too high for newer/smaller clubs. Heck, even for larger clubs. Club members are excited to donate at 1st, then realize it takes a zillion adventurine to make clubits, and quit after donating 3-15 clubits. Then we end up not getting enough club experience to get to level up. x_x

B. Nobody wants to do NPC adventures - nobody likes it. I've offered to pay people, trade them stellar items, etc.... nada. It's not fun at all. Even my friends/officers don't want to do it anymore.

Everyone wants to enjoy Trove & have *f*u*n*. Spending all your available game time doing an NPC job for very little or no gain, just plain stinks.
    Also, the fixtures are so hard to get, they should be permanent once earned. You basically have to maintain them and keep earning them over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by INN3R_C4L4M1TY View Post
    Adventurine isn't a problem for me, but my club has completely stopped gaining experience since the heroes update came out. Now that outposts are a thing, people just get their adventurine from that while farming for experience. Either outpost quests need to give club experience for your primary club, or club quests need to start giving player experience as well. Unless the system changes, my club is probably going to be stuck on level 1 forever.
    According to others, outpost quests do give club experience.
    RECRUITING: THE NORTH & FAZ ESSE || MASTERY: 430+ || Be wary of this scam/exploit!

Quote Originally Posted by Mandibles View Post
    5) Stealth exp reduction was done to all outpost quests is not going to stop me from farming outpost quests and ignoring my club. (I went from getting 130k exp per turn in on a non-bonus day with no exp pot or patron to only getting 60k exp, and I cant find anything about a nerf in patch notes. Did they give me patron at some point while I wasnt looking? I don't know!)
    It wasn't a stealth nerf to outpost xp. Last week was XP bonus week, this week isn't. You were getting more last week because of the XP bonus week.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulant View Post
    According to others, outpost quests do give club experience.
    They do not. They give character experience that level up your classes. It'd be hard for an outpost to give club experience since they're not tied to any clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    Invest in rent reduction fixtures and make sure you have the merchant for the daily 300 clubit claim. sadly there are compromises that have to be made when you're behind like this.
    While this is a temporary solution for Clubs who already have their footing it does very little for smaller/lower level clubs who don't even meet the level requirements for these fixtures. Club experience is the big brick wall in the system, now. Adventurine has never really been a problem to gather but experience is nearly impossible to grind alone and it's impossible to get more than a few people slaving away at load screen simulator while farming.

Another aspect of this issue smaller clubs face is the lower level heroes suck and there's nothing a club can do about that until club lvl 6. It'd take months upon months, maybe even over a year, for a small club to hit lvl 6 with quests such as 'defeat 10 dungeons'... Adventurine isn't an issue since you can run repose quests from other clubs but gathering xp can be near impossible. There needs to be a way for smaller clubs to earn XP steadily so they don't get stuck in the dregs of the lower levels.

I definitely agree that players need to adapt, more! My personal club members gripe and groan but we make plans to progress our level and regularly farm together. Hitting lvl 5 and lvl 6 were huge goals for us as it unlocked merchant and repose, and finally reaching them did feel really damn rewarding. We can only adapt so much though when the club system feels designed to choke out small clubs so much.. Adventures need to be repeatable on completion and there needs to be a longer daily quest that pays out XP, both of these would enable smaller clubs the opportunity to catch up and put in the effort without it feeling like a chore~!

+ Reply to Thread