+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Adventurine farming feedback

One thing in particular is that if you haven't exploited quests before, then you're just not going anywhere with xp and clubits needed for the fixtures. Especially when you don't get the higher ranked quests,

Quote Originally Posted by Tulia View Post
    30 people in a world is in no way massive multiplayer. At best trove is an online sandbox with a chat room. There is nothing massive about worlds that choke trying to load when they are full.

As for the club concerns, here's one sure fire way to get clubits rolling in again - Make adventurine uncollectable. People already abuse it for glim earned weeks, two problems solved with one stone.
    Eh, most MMOs if not all of them tend to be instanced. Some of the content is primed towards a max party of 5 doing content in dungeons. Of course it's definitely true that this game struggles with coping with other people in the world, but with the ability to connect with everyone online through an open world system or even join any active world, I'd still class it as an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    Eh, most MMOs if not all of them tend to be instanced. Some of the content is primed towards a max party of 5 doing content in dungeons. Of course it's definitely true that this game struggles with coping with other people in the world, but with the ability to connect with everyone online through an open world system or even join any active world, I'd still class it as an MMO.
    Doing a comparison to RIFT another Trion MMO, they have 10 man and 25 man raids that are instanced, These do not have a lag issue associated with them. They also have the Open world events that you would find 50+ people participating in. There were some lag and rendering issues associated with that many people in a world during that event, but they handled it much better than Trove with only a dozen people in the world.

My problem with Clubits right now is that I need LOTS of Adventurine for the dragon and some other stuff. I'm refusing to donate until I get craftables. Unless I'm missing something and I don't need to choose between dragon and club donations.

Quote Originally Posted by KoBeWi View Post
    My problem with Clubits right now is that I need LOTS of Adventurine for the dragon and some other stuff. I'm refusing to donate until I get craftables. Unless I'm missing something and I don't need to choose between dragon and club donations.
    Pretty much this. In the beginning, our club leaders had to make a choice. The majority of them decided to chunk all their adventurine into MR items and THEN start contributing towards the club. Nothing wrong with that, but in order to keep the club running, someone had to make a sacrifice. I would be one of those people. I dumped all my adventurine into our club(s) to make sure they didn't go under, and with the limited availability I had, I was only able to do just enough quests to keep us afloat. Now, I'm still missing a bunch of MR items that require adventurine to buy, and the farming methods have been nerfed heavily. If you are lucky and get the good quests, then ...lucky you.

Again, I just feel like this new update is not really supporting the issue of adventurine and club xp, in fact it just sort of tossed that idea to the side as if it's not relevant anymore but the consequences of not keeping up with the club update still exists and impacts many communities that don't have the luxury of sitting ontop of 40K+ clubits. I was more or less expecting this new update to help stabilize this "crisis" but now the situation is much worse. People are already past the club update, nobody is willing to farm that stuff anymore for clubs even if they wanted to, because it is too much of a hassle and the reward is just not simply good enough.
    RECRUITING: THE NORTH & FAZ ESSE || MASTERY: 430+ || Be wary of this scam/exploit!

btw, reason why outpost quests are limited is probably the ridiculous amount of experience they give. I was getting up to 400k on the bonus week and brought 3 classes from ~24 to 30 in 2 days. Maybe leave the quest limit for experience, but let quests over the limit still award Adventurine.

Quote Originally Posted by KoBeWi View Post
    I have to ask, what have you been doing for the last 5 months? The club update came out back in Mid November, and I keep running into people that act like it just got added last week with a very similar opinion that you expressed above. I farmed a lot back in December when I had a week of Company shutdown giving me lots of game time between Xmas and New Years. I saw the benefit to both me and my clubs that the farming was going to do, and I had the time.

IMO, Blocktron was one of the easier dragons to farm for. Most people see the amount of adventurine required and balk before they even get started. They do not realize how easy it is to actually do quests and make adventurine if they decide that it is a priority.
    Note: IMO Time required does not = hard.

I will say that with the new content and especially the Rampages, Adventurine farming has been pushed to the wayside. I still do the gem quests, it does disrupt the flow and speed of gem box farming to have to go back and grab a quest, but it can be done, and its a very fast and simple quest to do on Wednesday. That 3 star boss can almost complete the one quest if your RNG is good (4/5).

All that I can suggest is not to balk before you even get started. Find something like the gem box quests that you can do every day. It's baby steps every day that add up over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorvik View Post
    I have to ask, what have you been doing for the last 5 months?
    Sitting alone in my dead club XD
    Since just 2 weeks I'm in an active club for the first time. I dislike excessive grinding and club quests are often out of what I usually do in game.

Just do away with adventurine converting all together. And make ever quest award both adventurine AND clubits.

Adventure quests should be: fun, rewardable and, above everything, make the "club work as a club". We need a revamp on how we do all these quests, the way we level up our clubs and the way we maintain it running forth and strong. As a small club, we could level it to lv5 till the last update, then the new xp grinding for clubs made it impossible to level.
    Please, review this system! There must be a better way (2)

Someone else mentioned it - changing worlds is NOT FUN, during busy times in particular it can take far longer than doing the quest, so waiting and watching a load screen for more than half the time you're doing adventurine grinding is truly the most dull game play I can imagine on trove, it's the same reason I dislike farming shadow towers.

If the quests auto-refreshed or even if there were much longer quests that actually rewarded as equally as the shorter ones, getting adventurine would be far more tolerable, the way it is now, I hate it.

+ Reply to Thread