+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Adventurine farming feedback

Exclamation Adventurine farming feedback

To those who take a big part in clubs, please hear me out.

As a vice-president to a big club and officer in other clubs, I've come to realize over the past few months that it's difficult to "incentivize" players to farm adventurine and donate. Before this update, we had a system going that actually went well. We had a reward system for those who donated clubits ranging from guaranteed ST runs of their choice and a prize from the officer chest (stellar gear, etc.) However, the Monday bonus has completely thrown us off with this system because nobody can dedicate their time to take people guaranteed on Mondays nor would it be fair to take people on Mondays where they get 2-3x more souls than other days. Refusing to do Monday carries would also upset many members. Obviously, I know, that this is our own problem.

My point is that players just don't want to farm adventurine. To be blunt, it's just not fun like it was "intended" to be. It is a chore, and clubs who don't sit on a wealthy amount of clubits are holding on just barely. The issue with these updates lately is that all the grind just doesn't really amount up to the reward at the end, it just doesn't feel worth it. No matter how much it is stressed that clubits are the things that keep club bonuses going, players usually just don't care. They migrate to other big clubs that already have a boat load of clubits, leaving smaller clubs to rot and struggle.

There must be a better way to farm adventurine. Not just repeated boring quests AKA a chore list to do. How about some kind of mini-game players can participate in that rewards them with adventurine (and even flux?) to change things up?

I've said this over and over and over again; clubs have so much potential yet we just aren't using it much. Clubs went from practical uses, to practical uses AND a stat stick. That's what the club update did to "promote" club activity. All it did was make clubs a stat stick.

Trove is a sandbox massively multiplayer online role-playing game.
    This is a quote taken directly from the games wikipedia.

I see the sandbox part, I see the massive multiplayer online part.
    Where is the role-playing part? What does this game have that is really interactive? The only things we are able to interact with is shooting / hitting stuff, mining and building stuff (sandbox part), and pressing E to accept quests.

This game is missing a lot of player interactive content, which makes trove feel incredibly single player gameplay. The only difference is that you sometimes group up with people, and there is a chatbox.

I can see that we are starting to change course by adding things like the world bosses and such.
    But I feel like the club update is almost completely irrelevant now because of the new update.
    Outposts give adventurine, but quests are limited to 20 a day. It's practically pocket change.
    This update acts like adventurine is no longer relevant anymore, yet the consequences of the clubit / adventurine feature is still very much so relevant to keep clubs....ONE OF THE MOST important aspects of the game (a COMMUNITY) alive.

I'm all eyes and ears for suggestions. I know my communities are not the only ones who are struggling to make ends meet. Especially now that adventurine "farms" are gone.

Just going to add, that I know trove is not like other games. If I wanted other features that other games have, I should go play them instead. I understand that. What I'm pointing out is basically the flaws I see, and those flaws have impacts on specific parts of this game. I don't want to or like to complain for no reason, and I'm totally okay with putting in the work to get something. I just wish it wasn't the same stuff just painted over and called "new". I love this game, and I love the Trove community. That is why I care so much and why I care enough to write posts on here, even if they do not get any sort of traction or attention. I just hope that my message gets somewhere.
    RECRUITING: THE NORTH & FAZ ESSE || MASTERY: 430+ || Be wary of this scam/exploit!

Yeah people do a lot less quests than they used to. Personally I can barely be bothered doing any.

i think a big part of the problem is that you have to take the quests in the club and not having a menu for them.

I mean, i'm not gonna go back to club every time i grind 5 gem quests or everytime i kill a st boss, it's just timewaste lol, ruins the grinding :<

Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    Yeah people do a lot less quests than they used to. Personally I can barely be bothered doing any.
    Clubit donations have died, and of course I've taken in account that this is normal because everyone is busy getting caught up in the new update. However, the new update is barely helping to support the Club update. People don't think it's relevant anymore, that there is no need to keep doing what is essentially chores to donate clubits. There is nothing there to incentivize players to do so.

We must find a way to either
    1) Make clubits have more value and worth so that people actually WANT to go out and get it
    2) Make the process of getting clubits enjoyable so that people wouldn't mind going out to farm it and donate, because it isn't a hassle and the reward is .......REWARDING and worth it.

or all of the above.
    RECRUITING: THE NORTH & FAZ ESSE || MASTERY: 430+ || Be wary of this scam/exploit!

Quote Originally Posted by cerkaz View Post
    i think a big part of the problem is that you have to take the quests in the club and not having a menu for them.

I mean, i'm not gonna go back to club every time i grind 5 gem quests or everytime i kill a st boss, it's just timewaste lol, ruins the grinding :<
    Yeah, grinding adventurine is becoming an inconvenience to players. Ontop of that, the whole getting stuck on loading screens is making this experience MUCH more worse.

I wouldn't mind going back to the club for quests, in fact it helps promote club activity anyways which is a good thing in my opinion. It just becomes annoying when you finish these quests every 5 seconds and have to spend the next 5 minutes loading in. What if the quests just asked for more. For instance the gem quest, instead of asking for 5 gem boxes, it asks for 100 and after that, you auto get the adventurine that is equal to the amount of doing those quests separately. Just all compacted into one.

Getting clubits isn't an issue, imo. A single player can grind out 400~ ish clubits in 1-2 hours just doing collect 5 gem quests. It's incredibly tedious, but it's still doable. (please let the quest refresh on completion! Load screens are zero fun!)

The true issue with clubs is the incredible difficulty in earning club xp. I can solo farm all the clubits I want, but git dang it there's no way I can even come close to capping out my personal club's daily xp solo. Any club that didn't take advantage of farms are now royally screwed as they have absolutely 0 ways to catch up to the lvl 10 clubs who exploited to cap. I run adventures religiously and have a small, active group of players in my club helping out but we still struggle to break 15~k xp a day. (and that's if we even get a good hero, t3 repose of heroes yet all we seem to get is commons..) Every aspect of leveling a club seems designed to choke out the little guys and it's killing me.

For an example of how awful the system is, let me tell you my club's next level up requirement. We need 775k club xp to reach LvL 8, that's 775000/150 xp per gem quest= 5166.6 gem quests we need to do. 25,833 gem boxes we need to gather. 10,332 loading screens we need to sit through. And that's if we get gem heroes! Despite blowing 16,150 clubits on a t3 repose of heroes we still regularly summon nothing but common or uncommon heroes with the occasional troll epic pirate hero. I can't even imagine grinding club xp WITHOUT the repose, which clubs that are below lvl 6 are FORCED to do! That's right, the repose isn't even a solution for small clubs as it's locked behind club lvl 6 and a huge clubit investment.

As for solutions for this problem?

Remove the need for load screens while adventuring by allowing adventures to refresh themselves upon completion. This is the biggest reason why people hate adventures. It's not just the hardcore players either, low level and mid level players actually laugh at me when I explain how to use /joinworld and /getworldid. Nobody, absolutely nobody, wants to grind using a system that interrupts gameplay every 2-5 minutes. Trove adventures aren't even comparable to other MMO's questing systems since they're completed so fast. Expecting players to "run back to the quest giver" is ridiculous when the quest itself is 5 minutes long. If this issue was fixed then more players who run adventures and more club xp would be received. It'd allow for ease of use, yeah? A non-hardcore player is going to grab 1 adventure and completely forget about it and never go back to the rally fixture ever again. It's just b a d in every aspect.

Increase xp payouts by a ton. Like, a lot. Capping a club's daily xp shouldn't take 8 hours with hordes of players running them. It should be doable for a small group of devoted players in 1-2 hours. If your club xp cap is 50k it'd take 333 gem quests to cap it, or 1666 gem boxes, or 666 load screens. ??? I can tell you right now that all players in small clubs take one look at how much XP their club will need to level up and just immediately give up. Nobody wants to interact with a system designed to punish them for investing their time.

Another solution to fix the club xp scarcity.. Daily Group Adventures! I want there to be a daily adventure that takes a heaping amount of work to complete but also allows every member in the club to work towards it. Like a guild mission from other mmo's. It could be something as simple as "Defeat 500 dungeons as a club!" and once it's finished the club receives a huge xp payout and a chunk of clubits deposited directly into the bank. The amount of XP and Clubits paid out could change based on the tier of your club's rally of heroes. This would allow smaller clubs to catch up without feeling like they make zero progress and it'd help lower lvl clubs who can't access the repose of heroes yet. PleASE don't make this tied to your primary club, however.. Nobody wants to primary a low level club so if you had to primary it to do these quests then the system would be dead on arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Demisedulous View Post
    Getting clubits isn't an issue, imo. A single player can grind out 400~ ish clubits in 1-2 hours just doing collect 5 gem quests. It's incredibly tedious, but it's still doable. (please let the quest refresh on completion! Load screens are zero fun!).
    Let me rephrase, getting clubits isn't an issue.....if you actually have yourself with a team that has the availability and the patience to dedicate their lives to grinding out adventurine. Not every community has that luxury unfortunately, so we must adapt and find other ways to get the average joe wanting to help us out by running quests and donating to us. This is also to say, IF we get good quests and have someone hold those quests, now that rerolling quests is no longer a thing.

In regards to your point about club xp being screwed, I totally agree. Anyone who did not reach level 10 before this update is royally ....yeah.

It really doesn't help that adventurine, the same resource used for clubits, is also used to make many different allies, mounts and a dragon. Adventurine should be split into two different resources: One that only has use with the merchant and one that has the sole use of crafting clubits. If an equal amount of each were distributed for every adventure then clubits would even be passively produced just by people grinding for the mastery.

I would farm Adventurine and Clubits more if it wasn't such a chore and grind to get it to start with. It's just not fun.
    the epitome of git gud

Quote Originally Posted by Vulant View Post

This is a quote taken directly from the games wikipedia.

I see the sandbox part, I see the massive multiplayer online part.
    30 people in a world is in no way massive multiplayer. At best trove is an online sandbox with a chat room. There is nothing massive about worlds that choke trying to load when they are full.

As for the club concerns, here's one sure fire way to get clubits rolling in again - Make adventurine uncollectable. People already abuse it for glim earned weeks, two problems solved with one stone.

Edit: If they feel the need to leave in the adventurine for glim, at least make it so you can not buy adventurine back. I like being able to dump a stack here and there for glim to buy soultraps, but watching the contest weeks get abused buy selling and buying back the next day is sad.

+ Reply to Thread